A little help for tweaking!

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Patrice Savard, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Patrice Savard

Patrice Savard Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Lauda
    Hunter Rank:
    Well, it was about time i get here ;) I've been looking YouTube and reading different forums but it's always better to have a discussion going both senses! So basically, I was doing pretty much nonsense with my units until now.. Trying to clear the vortexes I finally hit a wall, I have to fine tune now!

I tried to put a team together and this is what I got so far:

Sirius (leader) Krantz, Felice, Melord and Lauder.. The only thing is nulifying status ailments... Any suggestions on what could be changed? I got tons and tons of units, no Elza, Azurai or Hisui tho!

Thanks!

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Krantz and Melord can both cure/remove status ailments. Krantz does this on BB and can be SP'd to do it on SBB as well. Melord needs SP to do it at all. Provided Krantz and Melord are themselves immune to status ailments, they can simply cast to cure squad every turn. Krantz's unique sphere, Virtuous Cape, renders him immune to status ailments and Krantz should be using that sphere in any case. Having three turn status null would be better, sure, but if you can cure every turn, you can get by with just that.

There are broader issues. First, if this is a 'vortex' squad, I assume by that you mean you're trying to clear the Grand Gaia Chronicles (GGC). Sirius isn't really considered an optimal leader for this, though you should be able to use him for certain GGCs. Generally speaking though the assumption is you run a more defensively oriented leader, which would be...say, Felice or something. Ideally it's things like Azurai, Mariela, Rain, etc, of course, with damage resistance/mitigation on LS. If you don't have that then other defensive/support effects on LS are valuable. Sirius is an offensive/raid/DPS leader, not a hard boss fight lead.

Also, I'm wondering if you can do better than Melord for the squad. Melord's pretty decent, but... thing is that his key buffs are status cleanse, atk/def, atk relative to def, crit rate/dmg, BB fill when squad is damaged. You don't need him for status cleanse because Krantz is in squad, you don't need atk/def because Sirius is there, you don't need BB fill when squad is damaged because Felice is in build, and the crit isn't actually doing much good in later GGCs when bosses are crit resistant. Therefore about all you're getting is the atk->def, but if you can get that from some other unit it might also work. Krantz can also be SP'd to do rec->def in a pinch but that's an unpopular spec on Krantz.

3. Patrice Savard

Patrice Savard Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Lauda
    Hunter Rank:
    Thanks for the imput! I do have Mariela, but only got her yesterday with de 5 summons so she isn't all the way to the top yet! I will try to find somebody to replace Melord with something else that could bring new skills to the table.

I got around 200 units, some aren't really useful but making a list here would be painful! I might try to put everything in Excel file with their perks so I can have a more global view!

I do have other mitigators like Darvanshel and Shera but from what I've heard, Krantz is one of the best

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    This being the case, you're probably looking at :water:Mariela (Lead) + :light:Sirius, :light:Krantz, :water:Melord, :light:Lauda

With that said... looking at this, another issue I'm noticing is that Sirius, Krantz and Lauda is a bit problematic. Lots of buff clash. Sirius clashes with Krantz for light/dark and with Lauda for BB atk and BC/spark. So essentially all you're getting from the Sirius slot is atk/def/rec tristat buff. Now, granted, you NEED someone for stats, so... really what you'd wanna do is either pick some other tristat besides Sirius (and keep Lauda in squad), or keep Sirius in squad and bring some other nuker besides Lauda (e.g. Rize, Lasswell or Silvie would be very good choices and cover some stuff your build is missing - more on this below). It is also possible to rely on Melord as your stat buffer in addition to stat stacker, as Melord can be SP'd to be self-sufficient in terms of def/atk buff and then also atk->def.

Melord notably clashes with Mariela for BB fill when squad dmg and crit buffs. But, as mentioned, Melord still grants you atk->def, though, and again you do need some form of stat buff relative to other stat. If not using Melord you'd need to find someone else who can plug that role (e.g. Alice, Lara, Kulyuk, Sonia, Alessa, Rain, whatever). Alternatively, if you drop Sirius from squad, you could choose to retain Melord as your sole stat buffer, which would somewhat better justify his inclusion (although even here, something like Alessa, Alice, Rain would be a better choice than Melord - because they don't innately clash with Mariela, while Melord does).

Do note that your squad is notably missing spark dmg buff, as well as ailment inflict, debuffs and HoT, which are usually part of a boss-fighting squad's toolkit.
    I understand that listing your unit inventory is a pain, but reasonably speaking you're not going to get very good or tailored advice from other players unless you list your units. Essentially all I'm doing here is pointing out flaws in your squad and randomly suggesting units that could work, but I don't know if you have those units, and I cannot possibly name all the viable alternatives off the top of my head.

5. Patrice Savard

Patrice Savard Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Lauda
    Hunter Rank:
    Ok ;) I get that! I will try to at least give the Oe and 7 stars

For the OE,
    Zelnite
    Eze
    Lauda
    Kalon
    Adriesta

7*

Darvanshel
    Griff
    Colt
    Melord
    Holia
    Vars
    Quaid
    Leona
    Felice
    Rize
    Mahalu
    Lafiel
    Sefia
    Fadalh
    Charla
    Lunaris
    Zephyr
    Feeva
    Lucia
    Tridon
    Haile

Told you I pretty much did nonsense ;)

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Mm, well, with those units available...this is gonna be a bit inefficient no matter what, then. Far as I can see you only have two options for def stat buff relative to other stat - Melord or SP on Krantz. Neither option is ideal, but eh, that's what you're looking at unless you rely on friend (which is kinda iffy):

GRAND GAIA CHRONICLES VORTEX / TRIAL SQUAD #1 (Melord)
    :water:Mariela (Lead) + :light:Krantz, :water:Holia (or Rize w/HoT SP), :water:Melord, :light:Lauda (or Adriesta/Sirius, Felice, Quaid/Eze)

- if Adriesta/Sirius are NOT in squad, then Melord must be SP'd for atk and def buff so he's self-sufficient for stat buffing.
    - squad lacks spark dmg buff unless you bring Felice, Quaid, Eze. Felice/Quaid need SP for spark dmg buff (and Felice's is notably weak for an Omni). Note that if using Quaid/Eze squad will lack BC/spark buff which is not ideal.

GRAND GAIA CHRONICLES VORTEX / TRIAL SQUAD #2 (SP rec->def on Krantz)
    :water:Mariela (Lead) + :light:Krantz, :water:Holia (or Rize), :light:Sirius, :earth:Quaid (or Eze)

- Krantz can take 40 SP for two turn mit, 40 SP for rec->def and still have 20 SP left to play with, but this isn't a very popular setup for Krantz (his rec->def isn't very strong by Omni standards). This is more slot-efficient though, letting you use the last slot for Quaid w/spark dmg buff or Eze.

7. Patrice Savard

Patrice Savard Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Lauda
    Hunter Rank:
    Thanks alot for this! I really have alot of units at six maxed, just need to get the ingredients to evolve them...

Tia
    Rashil
    Narza
    Krantz
    Sirius
    Ivris
    Aludra

Oh and look at that... Seems my 7* aren't in order... More here

Vargas
    Lucina
    Mariela
    Rozalia
    Serge
    Rayla
    Rinon
    Lara
    Izuna
    Zekt
    Aaron
    Ultor
    Charlotte
    Haido
    Zero

But those aren't max level

8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    It would have helpful if you'd mentioned some of that stuff earlier. Oh well. Yeah, okay. :p

GRAND GAIA CHRONICLES VORTEX / TRIAL SQUADS
    :light:Zekt (Lead vs. light/dark) + :light:Krantz, :light:Lara, :light:Sirius, :earth:Quaid (SP BB fill when dmg, spark dmg buff) + FRIEND: Zekt, Azurai, Ark, Hisui, Rain, Mariela, etc.
    - doge lead vs. light/dark bosses

- SP Krantz for two turn mitigation and whatever the hell you want.
    - Do NOT SP Lara for mitigation, do whatever else. She handles your rec->def buff in this setup, no need for that SP on Krantz. Also handles your HoT and your crit null.
    :earth:Rozalia (Lead vs. fire/water/earth/thunder) + :light:Krantz, :light:Lara, :light:Sirius, (choice of unit) + FRIEND: Rozalia, Azurai, Ark, Hisui, Rain, Mariela, etc.
    -
    same as above except Rozalia vs. the other four elements that aren't light/dark
    :water:Mariela (Lead vs. whatever) + :light:Krantz, :light:Lara, :light:Sirius, :dark:Zero (or Quaid) + FRIEND: Azurai, Zekt, Rozalia
    - finally, Mariela lead is still possible as a generic choice vs. any element, but note that Mariela LS mitigation doesn't stack with a second Mariela (or Ark, Hisui, Rain, etc). It will stack with Azurai, Zekt, Rozalia friends.

It's a bit light-heavy, but this seems to be the best possible way to go.

9. Patrice Savard

Patrice Savard Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Lauda
    Hunter Rank:
    Thanks alot! That gives me a great idea on who to focus next! I was pretty much boosting my characters by the look of them, now I can focus on getting more performances out of them!

10. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    No problem. I should repeat that this discussion was specifically with regards to boss fight, trial, vortex grand gaia chronicles squad leads and squad building.

For other stuff, e.g. general purpose non-boss battles, you'd probably want to run something like Sirius (Lead) + Krantz, Lara, Quaid (or Zero), Mariela (or Zekt). For raids, you might drop the Mariela/Zekt slot for something else. I mean, this is basically the same few units, just a different unit set as lead, but lead skill matters. :p

Also, I should note - you don't have any ailment inflict in this setup. This shouldn't matter too much for GGC vortex, but it may matter in some trials and some RC6 boss fights. You don't have many ailment inflict options though, so most likely you'll need to take a friend for that when necessary (e.g. Ensa-Taya friend, Elza friend, Faelan friend, etc)

11. Patrice Savard

Patrice Savard Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Lauda
    Hunter Rank:
    I tried my luck this morning! I got Azurai and Avani! And apparently Fang and Fei will get Omni in the next month... I do have Fei! I got Alice as well and found out I have Maxwell!

12. Patrice Savard

Patrice Savard Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Lauda
    Hunter Rank:
    Here's an update! I've been reading around, and here is my new squad for questing!

Zelnite(lead), Eze, Adriesta, Krantz, and Azurai! Since Zelnite, Adriesta and Eze are already Omni, I think it's a good move! Working on Krantz and Azurai right now!

13. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Quest/farming squad looks solid - Zelnite lead, spark and crit, BC/spark, and adequate heal with status cleanse.

Maxwell is also getting Omni in JP, so figure that to arrive in Global after two, three months.