AMA: BFF Staff Edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Priya, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Priya

Priya The Witch Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Classified
    Leader:
    Shion/Zeru/Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Unison League, Valkyrie Connect,
    @Josh , @Eiris , @Eleiryn , @Alrisha , @Sustainer , @Khaotil , @Recca, @Box
    Hi everyone!

Priya here~
    I've been a member of the BFF forums for almost a year now, and have been a moderator for about 5 months now. Mostly, you'll find me on chat, laying down the law Outside of BF, I'm a college student working on a BS/MS in Psychology and have been playing Final Fantasy Type-0, Phantom of Kill and Dragon Age Inquisition recently.

Khaotil at your service, for a little introduction of the guy behind that wonderful avatar of mine ;)
    I joined the forum for 8 months now, and had the great honor to shouder the mod title 2 months later, specifically for the EU server's section. So, if you're looking for me, it's there you'll be more likely to be succeful ^^
    I'm a holder of a two-year technical degree and a Bachelor' degree in computer science, and I'm also a wanabee Game Designer (wait, just wait for my future games that will send you directly into Nirvana!)
    And, as this detail may have some importance, I'm French!

Sustainer-
    Good day all,
    I am a Professional Engineer working in Geomatics Engineering.
    Numerical analysis, job design, processing remote sensing or LIDAR data, deformation monitoring and project management are most of what I do in my day to day routine.

Some of you may know some of us already via personal interactions, and for others, this will be your first time actually seeing a list of the active staff.
    We thought about how we could rectify this, and decided on a group "AMA" where you guys could ask us about MOST things and we'd reply.
    Now, I'm going to ask you all to employ your common sense of what sorts of things would not be acceptable to ask us, though the handy dandy "Rules" tab can help you out in that regard.
    Also, don't ask about anything regarding bans and the like, those are for PM's and any questions regarding such will be ignored/deleted.
    Other than that, Feel free to ask us anything!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. SummonerRalis

SummonerRalis Divine

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Inferno Rifle Bestie
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, Fate/Grand Order, Splatoon
    What's your favourite Brave Frontier Units, aesthetically? : D (for all staff, I guess)

Sorry if everyone else already knows, I don't hang out much. _(:3 」∠ )_

3. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Cherubium

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Glyph (A) , Sagavehl (B) , Feeva (B), Vesty (A)
    Level:
    206 [JP]
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier JP, FFRK
    If we're allowed? I'll ask a question to all the staff.

What exactly got you into playing Brave Frontier? What's one of the greatest takes from the game that you enjoy. And what are you most hype about BF currently?

4. Aria Kricket

Aria Kricket Archangel

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell/Cardes
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    2 questions:

State you currently reside in?

What's your favorite TV show?

5. Josh

Josh Lantern Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    I saw an advert for Brave Frontier while playing Sonic Dash. My last job was so boring, I literally sat there for 8 hours a day and was looking for a mobile game to pass the time. I liked the art style and the sprites reminded me of the old Final Fantasy games, so I thought I'd give it a go. Hyped for Raid I guess, not had much luck with it so far though.

Direct your questions at people please. :)

Jastan likes this.
  6. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Question for @Josh:
    Why did you decide to open the Brave Frontier forum way back when Appinvasion already took most of the possible members?

Sent from the land of desu.

7. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    Good day all,

I am a Professional Engineer working in Geomatics Engineering.

Numerical analysis, job design, processing remote sensing or LIDAR data, deformation monitoring and project management are most of what I do in my day to day routine.

I work on the east coast of Canada.

I had played Puzzle and Dragons for a period of time, and started to get frustrated that Gung ho would regularly nerf entire meta squad comps when new dungeons came out. So you could theoretically P2W an awesome squad, and a month later your squad would be nerfed into oblivion. It also was a brutal game to start, if you pulled the wrong unit when you started, you could hit a wall several months down the road that is impossible to pass with your specific leads, requiring RSing additional units - which doesn't guarantee anything.

Some people on the forums I visited at the time talked about BF being a bit easier on the head and the only reason they were on PaD was due to their energy being gone on BF, so I opted to give it a try, I think I had played it for 1/2 hour or so and never looked back at my top level meta account on PaD.

Truly, I would say my greatest take is the character art, I like the pool of artists they have used, and really like the evolution of art styles/artists.

Currently most hyped about raid ;) I've missed out on the 3-4 CBT invite waves, so anxious to get going with raid proper.

Jet Stingren likes this.
  8. kuki-18

kuki-18 Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Quaid, Selena, Rosetta, Maxwell
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Tales of Xillia
    Questions for mostly @Josh, @Eleiryn:

I love the forum, even though I don't participate much. My questions are:

- Is something like specific subforum for common questions in plan. Such example: Trial help requests, Squad building requests, friend requests with if-you-don't-give-correctly-I-will-ban-you and so on? Right now there are subforums like unit advice and so on, but most posters don't go there.
    - How come lately @Eleiryn doesn't do funny unit reviews anymore?
    - Is it possible to ban "desu"? :p
    - For all mods: What is the 1 unit you can't live without?

Thanks.

Eleiryn likes this.
  9. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Orna :D

nara and kuki-18 like this.
  10. Recca

Recca Time to Work

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Do Not Know
    Level:
    Unknown
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Was introduced to BF, ironically, through PAD forum, and never looked back since then.
    Perhaps find BF much simpler and easier than PAD. :rofl:
    PAD's "tough" dungeons required big combos to kill those bosses, which almost killed my brain.

Currently, Zelnite is my favorite unit, a unit which is indispensable to me.
    I only looked forward to trials and FHs, and those new units.
    Raids really doesn't get my hyped as i don't really farm those malice jewels nor those rewards. Played raids at a slow pace.

I too, wished to know. Haha.
    I have registered both sites though

11. Josh

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    I was hoping no one would ask this question. I just didn't like AI, the look, the name, a few of the members, the fact it's not solely dedicated to BF. I felt that I could do a better job, and I'm pretty confident that I've succeeded. (y)
    - I have no intention of creating any new subforums. Trials and friend requests can go in General Discussion. Squad building requests should go in Units & Squads.
    - Elly will have to answer that one. Probably because there's not much to review lately. :oops:
    - I've considered it many, many times. Freedom of speech is important though, blocking the word is not the right way of going about doing things.
    - Probably Kuda. I find I use him in the majority of my squads.

12. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Really for all the staff:
    What do you think was the most overhyped unit to date?

Sent from the land of desu.

13. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I have 3 that fall into that list:
    • Elza
    • Shera
    • Rosetta
    If you try to say ANYTHING outside those 3 being amazing on these forums you get descended upon by legions of rabid waifu topics/insults/you are trolling us posts.

While high # of hits equates to more raw sparks, they don't necessarily result in more damage, I can go to length as to why these units are pretty well on par with other things, and not necessarily "bad" but there are equivalent options available, the above units are not statistical outliers that bring sad panda squads to OMFGWTFBBQPWNAGE!!!! level squads.

kainoa25 likes this.
  14. Josh

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Ultor.

15. Khaotil

Khaotil EU Guardian Moderator

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Heinrich 7* - Herald of Yggdrasil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Hi there!

Khaotil at your service, for a little introduction of the guy behind that wonderful avatar of mine ;)
    I joined the forum for 8 months now, and had the great honor to shouder the mod title 2 months later, specifically for the EU server's section. So, if you're looking for me, it's there you'll be more likely to be succeful ^^
    I'm a holder of a two-year technical degree and a Bachelor' degree in computer science, and I'm also a wanabee Game Designer (wait, just wait for my future games that will send you directly into Nirvana!)
    And, as this detail may have some importance, I'm French!

So, as for your questions...

Sefia, all the way!
    Even if I'm also flabbergasted by Lucina's sheer beauty! :rolleyes: (and no, I'm NOT a furry!)

Back then, I played mostly at work, during pauses. Beeing a great RPG fan, but not wanting a full-fledged RPG (...OK, in fact, my phone was so much crap ATM that Baldur's Gate and the like would never have wokred on that damned thing), I was playing little game like D.O.T. and other stuff from Mobage. Being tired of their money-grabbing techniques (really, Gimu are wimps compared to Mobage :/ ), I looked elsewhere...and found BF that was just released in Europe.
    I've been enchanted by the strong Valkyrie Profile feel in it, and also the quality of...well, almost everything. I was amazed that you can put so much in just a smartphone game. "Story, cool music, great art, dynamic battle? Ok, I'm sold."

Centre - France :p
    Tough one. Ha, maybe Rabbids Invasion: my daughter loooves them, and I must admit it's a Tex Avery kind of humour I really dig ^^

Sefia (again)
    When I begun BF in the EU server, Sefia wasn't available, and I didn't know of her (heck, I didn't know much of anything, actually). I then looked upon the wiki, only to see that the version depicted there was clearly different from mine...
    I downloaded Glo during the rate-up for 6* release of the Kikuri batch. And I saw her. And I knew I wouldn't be able to play a game without her inside (ok, I'm overacting). Anyway, free summons only gave me Il&Mina and Zephu, so I came back to EU. Sefia was released two week later...
    I have beat almost every quests actually released in EU thanks to my Full-Sefia team, I owe them almost 90% of my Arena Ranking, and my place in the 500 firsts for FH EX 1. They helped me to catch Zebra, to beat every boss to Cardes, and to look great in society.
    Period.

16. Priya

Priya The Witch Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Classified
    Leader:
    Shion/Zeru/Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Unison League, Valkyrie Connect,
    Glad to see some traction going with this..
    @SummonerRalis
    My all time favorite unit in BF is Sefia, I regard her as a mythical beautiful queen though I also do admit fondness for Alice/Erza and Rickel.
    @Jet Stingren
    I started playing BF because there was this guy who I thought was hella cute who liked it, and then I quickly got hooked into it. Valkyrie Profile was a game that I loved growing up.
    @Aria Kricket
    I'm from NY and probably still am in love with HIMYM, though I love/watch a lot of shows
    @kuki-18
    I genuinely wish we could. The meme was stupid back in the day, even stupider now.
    Selena 7* is a fantastic unit that I am extremely hyped for, and use in many squads. (Imo, best all purpose 7*)
    @RainyRai
    While I hate the Tridon = OP posts because don't actually think about other units who have trivialized hard content just as much as him if nor more, he's deserving of his hype.
    Probably Ultor/Kuda.

17. Alrisha

Alrisha Forum Stalker Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark / Ensa / Zeruiah
    Level:
    600+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I hope I'm not too late to the discussion. :D

Just a bit of introduction, I'm an Executive Data Management for tape transcription. Handling projects on data transcription between media for oil and gas companies. Involving medias from reel tapes (9-Tracks, 21-Tracks) to cartridges (3592, LTO and DLT). Living in Malaysia.

My favorite unit is Lucina. Great artwork and cool attack animation.

When I first played Brave Frontier, it reminded me of a game that I really liked in the past. Valkyrie Profile on the first PlayStation console. The BC drop and BB gauge bar are so similar. Not to mention the collection of characters and make a squad aspect.

Greatest takes? I really liked the unit's artwork and battle animation. Even if it is repetitative, I never got bored of it.

Currently I'm waiting for Selena's 7 * form and I want to re-design my arena squad.

Andaria. I keep hearing people say that she's the best SBB spam on single target but from what I actually tested, she is not much differrent than Elza or Rin.

18. HolyThunderOfAtharva

HolyThunderOfAtharva Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Dynasty Warriors 8, BF Global, FFRK, DW GUNDAM 3
    The only question I can think of:
    Compared to all of the starters with their 7* evolution's, which one is your favorite in terms of aesthetic design and abilities?

19. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Selena for me :)

20. Josh

Server:
    Global