Best BB buffer

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Camkles, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Camkles

Camkles Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Melord
    Level:
    Hey guys!
    So I'm having a dilemma between which bb buffer to use. My team is as follows: :water:Melord(Leader), :fire:Shura, :water:Holia, :dark:Johan and :earth:Felice. I'm thinking of replacing :earth:Felice with :light:Agress, would he be a good fit on my team? (Questing and trials)
    Thanks in advance!

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Well, the thing is, Melord, Johan and Felice/Agress all overlap for BB fill when squad is damaged buff, so that's actually redundant no matter how you cut it. Melord and Agress potentially overlap on def, as well depending on how Melord's SP'd - but chances are Melord should be SP'd for def in the setup as you present it.

This being the case, you could really consider other stuff for that slot if you'd wanted to. Felice and Agress have other BB buffs on top of their BB fill when squad is damaged...though if you're dead set on choosing between Felice and Agress, I'd probably say Felice's BC/spark is more meaningful in most situations than Agress' BB fill/turn.

Also, I should probably note - from a quick look at your post history you've been saying that the squad's one I recommended to you...but I'm very sure it really isn't, I would never have suggested Melord lead to anyone with this spread of units. To be clear, Melord LS isn't a bad choice, and if you like it, then sure, use it - it's your squad after all! But the thing is, since I wouldn't have recommended it, it probably means anything I might have said to you is kinda out the window if you were relying on my advice - you've made a change that might mean other unit choices are now better given the LS.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  3. Camkles

Camkles Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Melord
    Level:
    IMG_4108.PNG This is the team you told me^
    I did make some changes by picking Johan over Stein and I did pick Melord over Alice and made him leader. I am basically using him until I can fully level up my omni's and get all their SP's, I was always going to follow your advice because you seemed very knowledgeable on the subject of the best units. I'll be honest, I haven't been very lucky with my pulls lately(I got 3 Felices in a row) So I don't have much to choose from. But besides that, are my choices for my team alright, like Melord instead of Alice(I liked his crit buff)? I for sure still plan on using the team you told me, It's just been really difficult to figure out a team with not super great units!
    Thanks again for your time and help, I really appreciate it!

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Uh, yeah, see, that's the thing , right - like I said, what you're running now is not the team I told you, because I didn't suggest that with Melord LS in mind. It's not the same build anymore, the LS choice might make a difference in your unit selection. That's fine, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

But it's not the build I suggested. That's what I'm saying. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not offended, furious or anything that you aren't doing what I suggested. That's silly, why the hell would I be? I don't want you to get that impression. I'm just trying to communicate the fact that because you're using a different build now, it means you might want to consider different units, because my advice is no longer valid. I'm not telling you to listen to me. Quite the opposite! I'm telling you that you can't listen to what I previously wrote. :D

For example, since Melord LS covers status negation, therefore if Melord is in play it's less crucial to bring Stein/Izuna/Alice for cleanse - fine, you didn't bring them anyway - but it's also less important to bring Holia for status negate (BB/SBB status negate is fairly rare among Omnis).

Since you're no longer using part of the reason I suggested Holia for that build, this could mean the Holia spot is now up for grabs by some alternative healer, depending on who you have available. Like, you could stick a Rize there, or a Selena, or whatever. Or maybe you're not gonna change anything and Holia's still your best option, that's possible - not sure what healers you may own now, with newer summons. But you now have more flexibility there, you see?

Also, yes, Melord is a crit unit. This is usually a good thing. Except it isn't always a good thing - there's one place, in raid sphere mat farming in RC5+, where crit can fuck you over if you aren't familiar with the bosses and drop mechanics. If Melord's just a squad member, and not your squad lead, you can safely swap him out of the build and replace him with Alice or whatever in situations where the crit's harmful. But if Melord's your squad leader, that might make him somewhat harder to swap out. I typically suggest squads with this in mind, leaving the crit as a flexible part of the squad you can remove and insert as needed.

If Melord's permanently there, that's a bit different. Not really an issue if you don't raid much, if you aren't chasing raid spheres, but it is a different kind of thinking. I care about the crit thing because I used to raid a lot and I value the raid game somewhat, other people may not care.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  5. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    I believe what @Acyl is saying is a build can be made and broken by a single unit unless you know what it is your replacing your build could easily turn bad if your just replacing units your better off asking for a new build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Camkles

Camkles Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Melord
    Level:
    Ok thanks a bunch! I'll end up using another healer (most likely Selena). I'll probably continue this build until I start getting new units, that aren't Felices or Dazes(x4 times each:lol:) I'll put Holia in my back pocket because of the status negation, though!