Best Squad now in Brave Frontier

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by kotttzilla, Feb 25, 2017.

1. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    May i know which are the best squads now in Brave Frontier Global ( pls tell me all squads )

2. TheLanimal89

TheLanimal89 Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Regil, Keres
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FF XV
    Very vague question....depends on what content you are looking at?

3. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    There's a lot of room for variation - for some roles there's several units which could be tied for best in slot. But vaguely I suppose it's something like:

RAID: :earth:Fei and Fang (Lead) + :fire:Rain, :light:Gabriela, (ailments - Ensa-Taya, Faelan, Sonia), (BC/spark - can be done via Ensa, or whoever)
    - since BC/spark is a common buff it's fairly easy to get it from friend lead instead (e.g. Lauda/Silvie/Sirius/etc.) - if that's the case, then Zeruiah/Fina/Feng/Juno-Seto can be in the last slot. If Ensa-Taya is used in ailment slot, then Zeru/Fina/Feng/Juno-Seto in last slot.

TRIAL/GGC: -
    similar to above, Rain/Feng lead also possible depending on who's in squad, or :fire:Azurai, :water:Mariela, :light:Zekt, :earth:Rozalia leads can be used instead. Note that :light:Regil will also be a meta leader when he's released.

FH/CRIT: :fire:Avant (Lead) + :earth:Quaid, :earth:Fei and Fang (or Lasswell/Silvie), :light:Lauda, :light:Lauda (or 2x Rize, etc)
    - if Silvie is used in Fei and Fang/Lasswell slot, then double Rize or any other double nuker in the Lauda slots.
    - alternatively, :dark:Gregor (Lead) + :earth:Zeruiah, :earth:Fei and Fang (or Lasswell/Silvie), :light:Lauda, :light:Lauda (or 2x Rize, etc)
    - NOTE: for Guard Frontier, need Rozalia/Elimo/Fina

ARENA/COLO:
    - broadly speaking, 4x :fire:Azurai as squad members (or any other angel idol KO resist units), and for leader an ABP/CBP increase unit - :fire:Glenn, :water:Asto, :earth:Leona, :earth:Lanza, :thunder:Eleanor, :dark:Zekuu, :light:Janice

In practical terms, most players, even ones who spend a fair amount of money. can't do a 'perfect' squad.

DiscTwo likes this.
  4. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Btw the what unit can i replace rain ?? i dont expect that unit to be as good as rain. Because rain is way too good, but could u tell me the similar unit to it ? thanksss

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Hisui is the only direct one to one alternative to Rain. Mitigation plus stat buffs. Hisui doesn't buff atk, though.

If you have someone else able to do tristat atk/def/rec on squad, Ilm is good - mitigation plus stat stack, but Ilm does not cover basic stat buffs.

If you have someone else able to do mitigation, then Alessa, who does stat buffs and stat stack, but no mitigation.

6. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    thankssss

7. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Acyl may i ask you whether laughing Devil long is worth pulling because im planning on to do my dream team here and yeah my squad is mostly similar to the best squad u gave me. Please help thanksss

8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Long's great at what he does (nuke unit with some minimal squad buffs), but he's not an absolute must-have and is skippable. I'll probably make some token pulls myself, but if I get him, great, if I don't, meh, I won't go full psycho crazy in pulling.

Basically this isn't a situation like Feng/Juno-Seto where... because the rez effect is unique to them, there was huge pressure to get one. Long isn't really unique in the same way, he's replaceable.

Though one important thing though is the fact he has 10% instant OD fill, and that's very good. It's part of the reason Fina, Zeruiah, etc. are excellent units.

9. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    thanks for replying Acyl, but i did pulled regil like you told me to HAHA

10. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Is Vikki worth pulling? i saw that she has alot of boost.

11. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Do you have a good Tri stat buffer like shion if yes no she's not worth going for if no then she's worth chancing she's also a good retyper if you don't have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Then llm and shion which one is better ?

13. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Zeis, Regil, Rain, Ceulfan
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Competitive Gears of War 4 (Xbox)
    Regil/Cleria leads Zeruiah Rain Baro X is prob the single strongest squad for pretty muc any content.
    X can be anything, the team coveres all the buffs you could think of with only 5 units so last one is usually anothe OD filler or a nuker or both (Long). Baro can be replaced with Gabriela for AI UBB in which case Neferet becomes a candidate for that last spot too, if you need element damage null and cant work around it with spheres.
    There are some variations and soon Cardes OE will be included and change the team but the thing is, you dont need that "god squad" for anything.
    The current squads have so much power that those god squads are mostly for the sake of optimization, you can still build very potent team compositions that can beat all content without all the very best units.
    Some content also require niche buffs like status ailments, in which case a unit that can inflict them at a high rate can also be a top contender for the last spot in the team.

That "god squad" works for all content apart from 2 very niche content:
    Frontier Hunter nuking and Colosseum.

Colosseum is a cancer game mode that requires extremely specific setups to do good and not be frustrated/always lose. It includes some of the high end spheres that some eople who played for 3 years dont even have yet, and it requires very specific units. A single variation, missing a single god tier sphere or unit in the squad can significantly lower your winrate after the first few easy fights, and make it frustrating.
    Best team atm is arguably:
    Offense: Zekuu (L) Leona Leona Leona Ilm
    Defense: Salvard (L) Leona Leona Leona Ilm
    Ilm having Lotus Manuscript (a sphere barely anyone has) makes him 1000x more potent, and without it he's near useless againt a decent opponent.
    2 of the Leonas have offensive builds with Karnz Excruciation + High ATK sphere/elgif to one AOE shot ennemies.
    3rd Leona build is flexible from a player to another. You can add more AIs or make her tanky-ish or a 3rd damage build.
    This slot is used for Janice by a few people, because she can cleanse ailments and her BB adds bonus AI if you're lucky
    Salvard isnt used a lot because Lanza LS boosts points earned, and people are greedy (and force close), but in terms of pure winrate (and points if you dont force close) Salvard is infinitely better.

In frontier hunter, you need to take damage leads an perfect spark dupes, I wont get into details it will take too long. Check Reddit and Reddit's Discord for detailed info :D

14. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Zeis, Regil, Rain, Ceulfan
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Competitive Gears of War 4 (Xbox)
    Vikki is amazing on paper but sadly cant find a spot in curren "god squads" because of synergy issues.
    For someone who doesnt have a lot of top tier units, or if you dont have Zeruiah or Shion, she's definitely worth pulling unless you can wait for Shion rate up to come back

15. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Doesn't work that way. Ilm and Shion are not competing for the same slot. In fact, a working squad would need both of them together.

Shion does basic atk/def/rec stat buffs. Shion does not do further stat buffs relative to other stat. Therefore if you use Shion, you will also use a second unit to do additional stat buffs (stat stack)... like Ilm (or Neferet, Sonia, Ionia, whatever)

Ilm does additional stat buffs. Ilm does not do basic atk/def/rec. Therefore if using Ilm, you also need an atk/def/rec unit in the squad...like Shion (or Vikki, Feeva, Silvie, Long, whatever)

If you're building off something like Rain, Alessa, Hisui, then you simply wouldn't use Ilm.

The reason why Ilm is so in demand is not because of Ilm himself, it's because SHION is fucking good, and once you commit to using Shion, then it makes more sense to find someone like Ilm to be Shion's BFF.

16. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Then which unit should i change to shion
    My current trial squad is Regil (L) , gabriela , llm , Faelan , and silvie

17. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Thanks

18. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    There is no room for Shion in this squad without making some kind of sacrifice, or depending on your friend unit to cover missing buffs. The most logical thing to do would probably to run Regil (Lead) + Gabriela, Ilm, Faelan, Shion ... if running a hard boss fight like trial/GGC, use a Cleria friend to give you BB fill when squad sparks and other stuff, if running raid or something then use... eh, I dunno, Silvie friend, Adriesta friend, Savia friend, whatever.

Essentially the main problem is missing BB fill when spark, but you can use a friend slot to cover for that

19. kotttzilla

kotttzilla Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    okay thanks