1. You are currently viewing the fan creations forum. This is for fan creations ONLY, Brave Frontier discussion belongs in the General Discussion forum.

BF RP Discussion Thread <REVISED>

Discussion in 'Fan Creations' started by Ken Mizu, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Ken Mizu

Ken Mizu Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Elza, Maxwell, Ultor
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    ...but this would be technically the same as the old BF RP Discussion Thread, only handled by Myself and @RocketBurrito , a bit more organized, and following (sorta) the same format set by the BF RP Character Library. @Yepherex is still accredited to starting up this project, and he has given myself, and others of the RP team to go ahead and make this thing grow.

So for now, no posting s'il vous plait, 'til I give the go ahead :)
    Rules (Guidelines really) to keep in mind:
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    Important People:
    People to look-up or contact if you're lost or don't know where to start.

Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    References:
    Our mother/sister threads for all things BF RP.

CHANGELOG

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    RocketBurrito likes this.
  2. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin, Duel GX and Aem
    Level:
    Bearer of the sacred icon. (100)
    Hunter Rank:
  3. Ken Mizu

Ken Mizu Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Sick! Thanks Rocket!

4. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elza
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hello.
    I am here to express interest. Ish. Not many roleplayers in here, seemingly.
    Will ask questions when I get questions to ask.

5. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin, Duel GX and Aem
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Please do, also, Ken, I'm working on the backstory of my second character. You may want to put a limit of 3 characters a person for this RP so it won't be too bad.

6. Ken Mizu

Ken Mizu Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Yeah, that should be a thing. I'll plug it unto the Character Library when I get back.
    We don't want someone managing a certain scenario all by himself since he "owns" all the characters present :p Sorry I haven't been posting much. Big rush on my end of year project.

Will post more frequently on now since I'm on vacation....(and I'm finally catching up on my 40k painting)

RocketBurrito likes this.
  7. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin, Duel GX and Aem
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Anyway, I've gotten some stuff planned out.

This RP will have three threads.
    This Discussion thread.
    The actual RP thread where everyone is all in-character.
    The character library.

As for the era, we'll probably set it in the Grand Gaia era right before the invasion of the gods with that being the climax of the RP.
    Character limit of two (maybe three) characters.

8. Khaotil

Khaotil EU Guardian Moderator

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Heinrich 7* - Herald of Yggdrasil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Hey there!
    I'd like to see an actual quality RP on the forum, and it looks like you aiming in the right direction; so, if you need any help from the moderation team, just ask me ^^

How many GM would you need?
    (I'd gladly apply, being a former GM myself, but I fear that my fragile fluency in english could be probelmatic :/ )

9. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin, Duel GX and Aem
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    One would be good for now, we're looking for a GM to fill the spot. As for the language it's all fine, as long as it's understandable.

10. Khaotil

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Ok, deal - it'll help me practice my english, anyway.
    I hereby apply to the vacant GM post! (and if possible, as a plot/lore writer)

On a side note, what's left to do in order to begin the RP?

11. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin, Duel GX and Aem
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Characters are still in development for some of the RPers.
    Lore-wise, we're trying to sort out a proper timeline for the events along with some of the details on the actions of these characters. Essentially, what happens with the gods wrecking humanity and leaving only a few to portal over to Elgaia is unchangeable. It's a foregone conclusion as far as I know (not sure if Ken wants to change anything) and our 'heroes' are basically those unknown warriors and people who left their impact in ways subtle and powerful.
    I'm also tempted to start a Skype group for discussing it so we can all bounce ideas and see what works and what doesn't.
    Furthermore, we also need to create a situation for the characters to meet as a starting quest of sorts.

That's all I'm aware of at the moment.

The style of the RP is gonna be pretty free, but we're still deciding on rules; which is a problem since most of us - like myself - have never RPed before and am relying on references on the internet to figure things out. Which is one of the main reasons we need a GM.

12. Khaotil

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    I see; I'm gonna check my old works in order to find (and translate) some of the rules I was using on my RPs and see if your ok with that.

If Ken Mizu is ok, of course.

13. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin, Duel GX and Aem
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    You'll have to check with him, but I think he should be fine.

14. Ken Mizu

Ken Mizu Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Of course I'm ok with this, any step forward is a good one in the respects of the RP. Thank you very much @Khaotil for stepping forward in our time of need T-T. If you have laid out rules, we can use that for this RP. Refinement will be discussed as we go along. Being the first RP here, we'll be doing a ton of reworks and tweaks....let's makingit easier for the next new bath of RPers to come by hahaha.

...on the long term could we also be viable to have a separate section in the forums just for RP? wink, wink

As laid out by @RocketBurrito , timeline mostly within the thick of the Gods invasion, maybe prior to the grand pilgrimage to Elgaia. Events to be open-ended with possible interactions to existing people in the lore (I think myself and Rocket already decided this when we did our short stories for our respective guys). We could possibly vote on the span of time we'll do the RP as well :)
    Our guys (the main RP guys at the moment: Myself, Rocket and Ralis) will be unsung heroes, hidden behind the more charismatic of heroes of lore. Fighting evils that spawn/descend/pop up like mushrooms unbeknownst the larger majority of Grand Gaians...etc...

I'm thinking max of three RP characters per person, easy enough to manage since RP's are a post-by-post basis anyways. I'm doing reworks/reorganizing posts with the three major ones. But what we have, will be what it is.

Though there has been a mini discussion regarding splitting the Theatre to have 2 different threads: One being In-Character (Actual RP-ing while the GM dictates flow of events and such) and another for Out-of-Character discussions between the RPers and the GM.

15. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elza
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    You know, I'd probably be on my way to create a character if it weren't for the fact that I'm apparently utterly incapable of slipping in a character within an established video game universe within short notice.
    I'm drawing blanks.

16. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Random question: why no playable canon characters?

17. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin, Duel GX and Aem
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Since I can't speak for Ken who is in charge of this project, all I can say from my perspective is that there are 3 possibilities:
    1) Many people in this fandom can't really stay in-character, and a lot of them are incapable of doing basic character analysis to keep people as they are.
    2) Having canon characters will be hard since their fates are already set in stone, and we're trying not to stray too far from canon. It'll limit us too much. For example, if... say... Lancia is canonically at location X at one point, but at location Y in the RP; hence Lancia never gains ability Z because she wasn't at location X like in canon.
    3) Can you imagine the people making the story revolve around them and their shipping of themselves and their favourite characters?

Take your time, go consult TV Tropes or RP sites for reference and do some research on the lore. Feel free to ask me or Ken questions that you need.

Now I'll go back to playing Nekopara. *goes back to lurking*

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  18. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    How is that game? The art seems cute and I've followed the artist in the past, but don't know anything about the game itself.

I see.

19. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin, Duel GX and Aem
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    You seem disappointed, I apologise.

NekoPara... Cute, not meant to be smart or thought provoking, it's just meant to be heartwarming WAFF for people who like cats, cute girls and cute catgirls. Definitely adorable and worth getting if you feel like passing time; the soundtrack is decent too.

Edit: Will give you diabetes.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  20. Ken Mizu

Ken Mizu Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Been over the fence to buy it, but since Rocket says it gives you diabetes...I'll give it a go. It'll be the first VisNov I've played using Live2D, that's for sure.

Sorry for disallowing Canon characters to be played in the Roleplay @Eleiryn . We do agree that personal bias might give way when the flow of the RP gets going, making the character seem OOC at that point.

If you want, you can still be non-Canon and portray your character similarly to what you want to emulate. I.e. Hot-blooded tsundere like Seria..etc, Calm and collected shounen hero like Karl, Santa Claus like Grah...etc.

Our decision about this might change as we go along, we'll be trying out a few things first in our couple of sessions.