Came from Brave frontier, and now trying out FFBE

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius' started by Astranagant, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Astranagant

Astranagant Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark, Avant, Zelnite
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim, Seven Knights, Brave Frontier
    Alright first things first. I know quite a decent stuff about Brave Frontier but when I first tried FFBE earlier ( because of the free 10+1 summon ), I get the feel of BF on it but there are a lot of different things. and I mean alot. Also, from the 11 free summons I made, I got Terra, Lightning and Snow from which I recognize on the FF games. Some questions I have in mind below.

How do I evolve my lightning? I can see that fusing crap tier units can help but it would seem each character has different evo mats not like BF?
    Are there gates in this game that gives you a guaranteed 5* or 4* atleast?
    Where do I get the evo mats?
    How do equipments and items work in this game? is it the same from the final fantasy games?
    What is the use of star quartz?

2. Henshen

Henshen Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (forever changing; Henshen/Rain/Shion)
    Level:
    500+ (SM:250+)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Summoner Mode
    To evolve, must get materials, which 6* mats are currently exclusive to vortex events, such as the Enchanted Maze (metal cactuar=Exp fodder)
    ---
    No guaranteed 5* base unfortunately, but 10+1 gives a sizable rate-up on the 11th unit (still not guaranteed), so it's probably best to stick with that. (and not actively chase 5* base units)
    ---
    Evo mats can be obtained from questing, Chamber of Awakening, and vortex events (again, enchanted maze comes to mind; also there's an event point redemption thing called "Mog King" that comes up every so often that'll allow you to directly purchase some)
    ---
    Equipment kindof works like any FF game- equip it to gain stats, apply the weapon's element to your attacks, and any possible built-in ability as long as the character in question can wield it. (ex. fire rod granting fira as long as it's equipped).

Materia is a little different, as most can be tossed on any unit, but spells require the unit to know lvl x magic of a certain color (black=damage, white= recovery, green=support, blue=doesn't exist yet)
    ---
    In the later islands, Fat Chocobos are hidden throughout various towns that'll gladly exchange your Star Quartz for various pieces of rare equipment. (stock changes depending on location)

Sustainer and Astranagant like this.
  3. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    Feel free to add me as well sir:

Phat Kat likes this.