Challenge Arena Season 3 - (~120K /day for top 100)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiro, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Shiro

Shiro Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    8*/OE Knight Of Holy Light Ark
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    ESO: TU | Fallout 4
    Challenge Arena Season 3 - RELOADED!
    03-08-2016, 02:13 PM

[​IMG]

Summoners! Are you ready for another season of intense clash of power? Starting March 9, 4:00 PST until March 27, 2016 21:59 PST, fight alongside your most powerful units and climb the top league of Challenge Arena Season 3!

After reviewing all feedback, we have decided to give out the following spheres as Challenge Arena Season 3's Special Seasonal Spheres [Damage reducing spheres] - Xenolith Omega and Xenolith Alpha (please see the sphere details below). Also, as previously announced, Chrysalis spheres will undergo further review and will be made available again in future Challenge Arena season.

In addition, we have decided to re-balance the rewards from what was previously announced for Legendary tiers 10 - 29 to ensure players are fairly rewarded. Please see the changes on the table below this news.

We are also opening Rainbow Summon gate starting March 9, 2016 4:00 PST to March 16, 3:59 PST! Head to the Rainbow Summon and get a higher chance to summon Kurewa and Kuraginn!

A. SPHERE DETAILS:

Xenolith Omega
    • Probable 30% reduction of damage taken, negates defense ignore, critical and elemental based damage & 25% boost to Def, max HP
    • Reward for Legendary League Ranking Tier 1 - 16 (Rank 1 - 150)

Xenolith Alpha
    • Probable 25% reduction of damage taken, negates defense ignore damage & 20% boost to Def, max HP
    • Reward for Legendary League Ranking Tier 17 onwards (Rank 151 onwards)

B. LEGENDARY RANK AND REWARD

[​IMG]

Note:
    • These exclusive Seasonal Sphere rewards will be awarded at the end of Season 3 and will be removed from the Rewards table once the season has ended. Please visit the in-game Rewards page for more details.

Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. Shiro

Shiro Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Can't wait to add that one to my Omega collection!

3. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4

I'd ask the tone to be dulled a bit in here, and go on with life.

Both sides are a little.... hostile here. This is not an e-peen measuring contest(well it might be - take it to PMs or elsewhere ppl), I don't want to start issuing warnings over personal attacks going on.

Priya and Shiro like this.
  4. EpicGold

EpicGold Cycle Cutter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Kulyuk/Ensa/SMiku/Sirius/Avant/Nyami/Zeruiah
    Level:
    45x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dragon Nest(?)/ BF /BnS(?)/ Summoners War/ Hissss
    I don't see what's wrong with posting this thread, let the CA players come to this thread and the other players who want to discuss the newly released map and whatever crap say their thing in the other thread...

Anyways.. goddemmn gimu really made me lose bit of motivation after reading the tier rewards.. WHY THE FUCK DID THEY DECIDE TO GIVE THE TOP-TIER ( I.E PEOPLE WHO HAVE 2 MUCH TIME) WAY FKING MORE TICKETS AND STUFF ? They increased the rewards for them and decided to nerf rewards for people who want to be more 'casual' in Legendary.. I know it's kinda sh1tty that people just go to legendary and slack off , bam 5 ST and stuff ,but c'mon man this really grinds my gear.. the competition for gems everyday is gonna skyrocket....

5. kappacoehn

kappacoehn Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    @Sustainer what do you think about this CA nerf?

When i first read it i only thought about Hacker but dunno about your insight :confused:

Shiro likes this.
  6. Shiro

Shiro Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    For me, I'm quite happy about it.
    It probably means some grinders will quit, which will make the way to Omega a bit easier at least. That's the main thing I care about, gems can always be bought :)

7. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Yeah - it's me.

In the name of "fairness" and various timeline shenanigans, I'd ask this thread to get back on the rails, if it goes on further with various OT derailings I'll lock it, this goes for @Shiro @kainoa25 or anyone else.

I'll warn any further offtopic posts and lock the thread. Seriously guys, filing 7 reports in the last 15 minutes =\

8. kappacoehn

kappacoehn Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    The thing is, while many would disagree with me, and i would sound like a hypocrite anyway, theres no way you can justify 5 Summon Ticket weekly for AFK after 2 week grinds as "fair".

The old version of CA isn't as broken overall and give less gems total for the community(IIRC someone did the calcs on reddit) but you did need to had a constant work in Summoner. Thats pretty much what CA should have been IMO if Gumi really intended to use CA as a farming zone for F2P players who had no more map to complete

The current version pretty much screams Hacker/insane grinder only which closes it out for majority of players

Also honestly this won't kill off the Omega competition more than it did last season

Shiro likes this.
  9. Shiro

Shiro Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    My goal is the sphere, and I see everything else as a bonus.

Sure it's great for F2P players with more gems, but the game can't survive without money, and people spend less when they get so much for free.

10. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Unsure TBH, the problem is it is entirely possible for the top 150 to be ruled entirely by bots. Due to no basically there being 30% slots total now, competition, hours, etc.. will increase exponentially..

This all looked bad with the first CA nerf, and keeps looking worse each time. I guess all a function of people not spending money (Outside that Gildorf batch heyooo) on the game to the capacity they have in the past due to 8* being on the horizon.

11. Shiro

Shiro Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    But shouldn't gumi get better at detect cheaters though? I mean last season they banned quite a bit, but I guess some always slip through the net.

At least we can hope they monitor the top positions more carefully.

12. Sslink24

Sslink24 Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rain, Silvie, Zeru
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Well, it quite easy to finish top 10 daily during the sphere grind I was in the top 10 twice last grind. Just taking alot of phone tapping while I'm working or doing something else lol

13. SacredShadows

SacredShadows Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    What ever floats my boat at the moment
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Good ole' Brave Frontier (And CS:GO)
    Didnt i recall, they so called said in a BNC that they were "aware" of it? That sounded like a blunt lie to me.

14. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Another season down, another season coming. CA is basically my job and the Arena is my office ;)

On topic, I'm a bit disappointed that they nerfed both the daily and weekly reward table. Now, more than ever, getting into Legendary on the first wave in is crucial to have a shot at the 2 daily gems as well as the sphere. I'll certainly give top 150 a shot but it's going to be quite hard. Either way, even the secondary sphere for alpha is a pretty darn solid sphere.

3 gems and 5 tickets a week for doing absolutely nothing was ridiculous so it was only a matter of time before Gumi came to their senses and nerfed it. I'm actually surprised it took them this long. On the other hand, what little loyal grinders were left for CA may all but be discouraged now to play any more. Which makes it even easier for the rest of the remaining grinders to keep getting daily gems at pretty much the same point/ratio, I would bet.

15. Spritz

Spritz Original God

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeru, Zelnite
    Level:
    835+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Google Pacman
    @DK_ do you still think you can maintain the top 10? .-. I wonder if swag can do top 3 still as well...

16. Shiro

Shiro Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The previous two spheres are really strong, some might even say OP, but this one is on a whole new level.

Imagine Limera lead, Quartz, Isterio, Rouche, Phoenix, 8* Selena equipped with their spheres/sacred staff and this.... Unkillable.

chandra thio likes this.
  17. Brutal1977

Brutal1977 Perses

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah (A)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I'm half afraid to say it, cause I don't know what was said earlier, cause it looks to have been deleted... but I"m just happy the thread wasn't titled CHALLENGE ARENA SEASON 3 MEGATHREAD. This title is much better. If this was said earlier and it caused any kind of grief, apologies in advance. I couldn't know, cause it ain't there anymore.

As far as CA goes, the nerf sucks imo. I didn't think they could make CA worse, but here we are.

18. DK_

DK_ Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zeru, Ensa, Juno
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Meh, it's gonna be top 150 for sphere as opposed to 120, I might relax a bit, but I'll have to check the competition. I'll see how I feel. The first week will be interesting because with Randolph and no OSF u can basically grind with no care in the world lol.

Spritz likes this.
  19. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Kιℓℓυa
    Leader:
    Maxed Robe / Alza / Zeis / Natsu
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Hearthstone (Legend) Competitive Gears of War 4
    Inb4 Hien and Nutz get 1 more daily ticket for grinding (or hacking) 200k a day
    I think you guys over estimate the number of hackers, only 5 people get more than 100-120k point daily, sometimes less, and 150k + a day is perfectly doable manually if you have time (much time)
    And let's be honest, I doubt people hack to get to rank 100-150... I mean , if I had the opportunity to hack and was willing to do it, I would definitely not stop at rank 100-150 and would at least go for more weekly tickets ? I mean, if the bot does it all ? Right ?
    I'd say there are probably, like, 10-20 hackers at most in CA imo, and I doubt Gumi release a new season with even better rewards for top 5 without a little ban wave to kick Hien forever (some days more than 300k P L Z)

Back to discussing about that change,
    I think it's a good thing for the game, I mean, 5 tickets a week during 4-5 weeks for grinding medium-level during ONE week and the never play again was too much. I think they still nerfed it a bit too hard tho, no point going to legendary anymore if you dont plan on going for 50-60k a day to get a daily ticket imo.
    The omega sphere is just insane and the alpha too so I expect pretty high competition for summoner week just for ppl who want to go legendary for alpha, and high competition for first legendary weeks for omega, but after that every single player who used to grind less that 20k a day for either daily 2 gems or just collect tickets will literally disapear

20. Shiro

Shiro Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Randolph certainly made CA a lot more tolerable, surviving Jin/Hadaron leads with No BB rule is a really nice feeling :D