Colosseum RNG?

Discussion in 'PVP Modes' started by Negative, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Negative

Negative Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lovely Princess Alice
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I do a lot of arenas and colosseum, and the RNG seems to be vastly different.

For instance, my arena/coloseeum team is Magress leader and 4 breaker Mifune's.

This squad works perfectly in arena, getting thousands of victories in a row before getting one unlucky defeat and then winning a few thousand again. In arena. Mifune will actually use his AoE attack!

In coloseeum, however, it is much different. On the first round, it is extremely rare that any Mifune will use AoE. What's more, is that if the opponent has JUST ONE Mifune, their Mifune will almost ALWAYS use his AoE attack, and opponent's super bars never go unused.

And why do the same units proc their angel idol 100% of the time in colosseum but maybe 5% of the time in arena?

Is there an inherent RNG handicap in coloseeum?

2. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    It's called rnjesus hates everyone so he pisses on us during colo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Negative

Negative Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lovely Princess Alice
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Through doing a bit of additional research, it seems that the amount of tickets one wagers more or less sets the difficulty (RNG scaling) of the match. I hear using 5 tickets at a time is ideal, rather than 10.

4. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Iam not so sure I've done 1 ticket a go and got severely boned during one of the matches with full Ai team they for some reason keep attacking the dead while the enemy's where able to focus everyone down I think rng plays a bigger factor but hey that might actually be true with the ticket= difficulty thing since I only really do colo every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Alrisha

Alrisha Forum Stalker Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark / Ensa / Zeruiah
    Level:
    600+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    In the arena, the enemies that you fight DO NOT have their ES or SP activated. They are handicapped. The only AI trigger than they can activate are either from LS (Galtier/Juno/Janis) or sphere (Sacred Staff). Which is why you rarely see AI activate for the enemies in normal arena.

This is different for Colosseum where both side are not restricted other than from the random rules. The enemies have full access to their ES and SP. Thus making it far more difficult to compete when you are against top tier squad with strong units and spheres.

While I don't know what made you think the RNG is different, with regards to the enemies having only one Mifune but seem to "always" do AoE, this is more likely that they are using Ka-rzn's Excruciation guild sphere with 75% AoE normal attack trigger. That's 3 out 4 chance to do AoE not including the AoE normal attack chance SP that they have. Most top tier Colosseum squad will typically have this single Mifune/Zekuu with this sphere attached as an AI counter. So don't be surprised if they can do AoE normal attack consistently.

: arena, colosseum