Create New Team for FH, need opinion

Discussion in 'Frontier Hunter & Frontier Gate' started by Brave G Frontier, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Brave G Frontier

Brave G Frontier Lantern

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant / Rain
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hi guys, i want build new team for next FH and i need opinion here

Here the list of my unit which omni :
    8 -> Avant, Shura, Ciara, Rain, Vargas, Kulyuk, Malef, Selena, Melord, Lasswell, Vern, Zelnite, Hisui, Rozalia, Lance, Quaid, Rize, Eze, Fizz, Hallelujah, Lid, Ark, Krantz, Lauda, Gaston, Fina, Gabriela, Atro, Zellha, Sirius, Lara, Zekt, Mifune, Elza, Kalon, Gregor, Magress, Galtier

this is my preview team
    Avant(L), Shura, Allanon, Lauda, Melord,Avant(F)
    My next plan is
    Gregor(L), Lasswell, Ciara(or quaid, still can't decide which better), Zelha, Fina,Avant(F)

the plan is use Guard Froniter, use Fina to fill OD and BB, Zelha as EWD and ATK against status afflicted foes and spark blanket, Ciara/Quaid as element add, Gregor as EWD and Crit, Lasswell as spark buffer and nuke, Avant UBB

what do you think? if you think better use quaid here, what build for SP you recomended?

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Ciara is unfortunately, sadly, kinda shit for FH - we now know that her animation means that she applies her buffs pretty late, after 37ms - if you're using a 0ms or low delay autobattle (which you should be doing for sparking purposes) she'll end up applying her elements to squad only after most of your units have started attacking for that turn. Meaning there's really no point. Ciara's fine for raid or trial/GGC where the fight lasts multiple turns, but for FH you need to get buffs out reliably on squad early. :(

Gregor's LS is pretty shit in practical terms and Gregor's pretty shit as a unit overall since he relies heavily on EWD, and EWD is shit. FH is one of the few places he actually works, but generally speaking elemental weakness damage isn't that great an effect. What it does is specifically boost... dark damage dealt by an actual dark unit vs. a light unit. It doesn't boost, say, a dark unit's damage if they're attacking an earth unit, even if the dark unit has fire element added from Ciara, Quaid, Allanon, etc. So the effect is only really beneficial if you can field a mixed rainbow squad of hard-hitters across a bunch of elements, or if you know you're specifically facing X element and bring lots of Y element units to hit it.

I mean, there's a reason people still rock double Avant. Gregor lead isn't really a thing. Gregor himself is widely seen as a joke. He's not that bad, I mean, the whole Gregor is terrible thing is sort of a meme gag, you can certainly make use of him if you really wanna, but it's not particularly worthwhile.

With your units, probably the optimum strategy's something like Avant (Lead) + Lauda, Quaid/Malef/Ark, Lasswell (or Rize), and then the last slot depends on whether you're doing guard frontier or not. If not, then you'd bring Rize and Lasswell, if not then your guard frontier non-damage unit. Note that you probably want Lauda in there either way for BC/spark, though Elza is also possible for BC/spark in his place if you'd rather bring a spark blanket instead of another nuker.

Fina is possible, I guess, but there's also Rozalia for guard frontier. Rozalia can be SP'd for BB gauge boost, BB fill when squad damaged, she does spark dmg buff and can be SP'd for crit rate/dmg as well. Alternatively Quaid can take crit rate buff SP too.

If you really want to include EWD, maybe something like Avant (Lead) + Elza (SP BC/spark), Quaid, Zellha, then last slot for another nuker or your guard frontier unit.

3. Brave G Frontier

Brave G Frontier Lantern

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant / Rain
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Thanks for the opinion, that really help
    1. about Ciara, i guest i forget about the atk animation that she good for spark with other or not. i just finish max her so i haven't try it my self, so quaid and ark still better than ciara for FH
    2. about gregor, i do read lot people say bad to use gregor for FH but i have seen on youtube and read on wiki that already test him and compare with double avant with avant gregor that avant gregor did give more higher point. like ciara, i just finish max him and never try him for my self

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Yup.
    Sure - but that's not what I'm saying.

Let's say there are a lot of light enemies in this season's FH stages - and your squad's crammed full of dark units, let's say you have Kalon, Elsa, Gregor in the same build. In that situation, your EWD will kick in and give you pretty good results.

The problem arises - let's say you take that same dark-heavy build and the FH stage you run doesn't have a lot of light enemies, then, well, yeah. Not so good.

That's what I'm trying to say. It's not... really a reliable thing, there's a lot of variables. Your results with an EWD focus build are going to vary a lot based on what enemies you're facing and what units are within your own squad. The results those YouTube folks or whomever you're looking at are posting... maybe you can replicate them, maybe you can't. It depends on what season they were running, it depends on what squads they were using, etc.

With all that said, it may be that for you the EWD focus can make sense, you do have enough FH-viable units to ensure you spread across at least a few elements, so perhaps, sure, a Gregor (or Zellha) use might work. It's not really something I'm personally keen on, but if you wanna do it, sure.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016