Quest Guide Encervis Quest Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by PuppyStew, Apr 9, 2014.

1. PuppyStew

PuppyStew Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Vern, Zero, Lara, Felice, Krantz, Avant
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    LoL, Overwatch, Pokemon, Ark
    Before I start the guide, mono teams will do great in Encervis. Each dungeon has units from its own elements minus the Mimics that come your way. You can also farm elemental Pots and Zebra in Encervis. Most of the quests here will be ranged around 10+ energy and will yield around 10,000 Zel per quest (at least it did for me). One huge difference in this map is that regular monsters and mini bosses will be backed by strong status ailment infliction against you like paralysis, injury, and weaken. Because of this, it is heavily recommended that you use the twins, Il & Mina.

If you do not have the twins, focus on one of these leadership skills. 100% boost of the elemental damage that counters the map you are fighting, BB gauge fill every turn, large fill to BB gauge from crystals. You can also use boost to spark damage (ie. I used Selena LS and Rickel LS with my water team). If you want to deviate from this and use your own LS preference, that's great as long as it works and you beat the quest dungeons.

The guide will list mostly boss units, their tendencies during the fight. Any input of information is welcome and appreciated. For now, I will only put up notably harder boss fights and not include some of the easy bosses. Most of these were extremely easy for me but I will post some that I'd think might be problems. Also, I used Twins as leader for Lake Aldela/Castle Avenia so I'm not 100% sure of all the status ailments you could be inflicted with.

I'd also like help if anyone could give me some detailed info of item drops here.

*I am currently up to Sea of Wicked Thoughts in Land of the Dead. Updated portions of the guide and included a link for all the boss units to show their respective unit information via Brave Frontier Wiki.
    =================================================================================
    Ctrl+F Index (ie. Press ctrl+f and type in A4 to skip down to Gadlion Ravine).

A1 - Elsta Crater
    A1D2 - The Flames that Rule
    A1D4 - Death and Rebirth
    A1D5 - The Black Flame Warrior​
    A2 - Lake Aldela
    A2D4 - The Ice Cold Warrior
    A2D5 - The Ocean Master​
    A3 - Castle Avenia
    A4 - Gadlion Ravine
    A5 - Alman Mausoleum
    A6 - Land of the Dead
    A7 - Sky Fort Solaris
    ---

A1: Elsta Crater
    Drops: Fire Pots
    A1D2 - "The Flames that Rule"
    Energy: 10
    Battles: 9
    XP: 2100

Boss: Dragon Graven, Ifrit (x2)
    -It was a relatively easy fight for my water team. I used 5* form of Phoenix, Selena (Leader), Dean (friend) Malnaplis, Elimo, Zeln. I used Zeln because he was Anima and broke 4k HP. Also his BB is an AoE that can cause injury (reduce attack damage) and many bosses in Encervis can be injured. One notable thing is that Graven and Ifrits will AoE your entire team. Graven is capable of doing 2 AoE's (haven't seen him use it 3 times in a row) and then do another attack sometimes. Ifrit can do 1 AoE per turn and do another basic attack. If your squad doesn't have HP that breaks 4k, you will run into trouble in some of the boss fights with stacked AoE's like this.
    ---
    A1D4 - "Death and Rebirth"
    Energy: 12
    Battles: 11
    XP: 2400

Boss: God Phoenix, Fire King Vargas
    -This should be a piece of cake for a mono-water squad. You won't even need poison to counter against Phoenix heals if you do have a strong all 5* (or even have few 4* is OK). I used the same team I used except with Mega 5* as a friend unit instead of Dean. I'd attack Vargas first because he can BB every turn (especially for non water teams). If you don't have a full water team, you are recommended to apply poison. Vargas CAN be injured; Phoenix cannot. If you have many units that can inflict injury, you can just keep Vargas perma-injured and beat on Phoenix if you have high ATK team.
    ---
    A1D5 - "The Black Flame Warrior"
    Energy: 15
    Battles: 12
    XP: 2700

Boss: Fire God Lava
    -If you don't have a full mono-squad, I hope you prepared a tanky enough team. Like I said earlier, it's heavily recommended most of your units are above 4K HP or at least around 4K HP with either high defense and/or high REC. Lava is the perfect reason why. Do not bring any earth units (maybe Eltri if you guard with him every turn but still a very bad idea). Lava WILL BB you every turn. Sometimes she won't but that time isn't often. She has the potential to use 3 BB per turn + another basic attack. I wasn't able to inflict injury on her with Zeln. If you don't have a water squad, units like my Zeln could die pretty quickly. If you are using a non water squad, I heavily recommend units that are 5*
    ---

A2: Lake Aldela
    Drops: Water Pots​
    A2D4 - "The Ice Cold Warrior"
    XP: 2420

Boss: Malnaplis, Ice Queen Selena
    -Similarly to Phoenix and Vargas boss battle, this is the water version of that fight. Selena is also susceptible to injury and is pretty squishy. One major difference about this fight compared to Phoenix is Malnaplis is pretty strong. Do not bring fire units. Also, Malnaplis can inflict poison and it'll hurt. Having the Twins LS will negate the poison effect. I used 2 Lightning units and my water squad and this was extremely easy.
    ---
    A2D5 - "The Ocean Master"
    XP: 2720

Boss: Commander Mega
    -This fight was fairly easy as well. He hurts when he AoE's which is like every 3-4 turns. When he gets to low HP, he CAN begin spamming his BB but relatively easier fight than Lava was.
    ---

A3: Castle Avenia
    Drops: Nature Pots​
    A3D3 - "Fairy Royalty"
    Battles: 10
    XP: 2340

Boss: Pixy Royal Leore, Titania (x3)
    -As every other Titania bosses you have fought against, they will be buffed when below 50% HP. So unless you can BB kill them in one turn, pick em off one by one. I would still focus mostly on Leore. He can inflict weakness and poison and WILL BB every other turn. Sometimes every turn. Fire squads are recommended and will be a piece of cake but I used my water squad with Phoenix and Twins as LS. Other than Leore, there isn't anything notable about this boss fight. Kill Leore and it's like questing back in St Lamia.
    ---
    A3D4 - "World Tree and the Savior"
    XP: 2440

Boss: God Tree Eltri, Earth Pike Lance
    -Yup, every element based area in Encervis will have the mythical beast unit and the starter unit boss. This boss fight is easy but let me just say how annoying these fights are because God Tree just heals and heals and heals. I killed Lance first and Eltri second for the obvious reason that I could kill Lance in 2-3 turns and I needed much more than that to kill Eltri so I did it to offset some damage output from them. Easy for fire squads.
    ---
    A3D5 - "Deception of the Spirit World"
    XP: 2740

Boss: Gun God Douglas
    -I thought this was a pretty easy fight but again, if you don't have 4k HP it might not be so easy. He can use up to 3 BB per turn + an attack. Don't bring lightning units here. He has somewhat high defense and high HP compared to the other two IMO.
    ---

A4: Gadlian Ravine
    Drops: Lightning Pots​
    A4D2 - "The Divine Wind Blows"
    Energy: 10
    Battles: 9
    XP: 2160

Boss: Great Falcon Ziz, Djinn (x2)
    -For the most part, I thought this was an easy fight. I was using my Earth team but I WAS NOT using Twin's LS; I was using the 100% Earth boost. Or Nature. I never really knew which was the right one. Anyways, Ziz can paralyze you and is actually pretty strong which is a huge surprise considering how useless Ziz is when he fights in our team. Thanks for nothing, Ziz. You traitor. Anyways, I recommend Stimulant if you don't have Twin's LS. I DO recommend going 100% Earth atk boost because it'll make you feel like you are questing near the beginning of Mistral killing things in a few turns. Besides the paralysis, this fight is easy.
    ---
    A4D3 - "One Eyed Giant"
    Battles: 10
    XP: 2360

Boss: Inventor Elulu, Cyclops (x3)
    -Focus down Elulu first; she's a real threat if you don't have a mono-Earth team. Also, Elulu AoE's pretty often and her BB can inflict status ailment. (I think Injury and Weakness?). Other than that there isn't anything notable about this battle.
    ---
    A4D4 - "Thunderous Nemeses"
    Battle: 11
    XP: 2460

Boss: Alpha Behemoth, Thunder King Eze
    -I heavily recommend having Twin's LS for this fight. Alpha can injure and weaken you so you do reduced damage and have less defense. Eze is pretty squishy and is susceptible to injury as well. Behemoth is not. Another typical beast + starter boss battle.
    ---
    A4D5 - "Noble War Hero"
    Battle: 12
    XP: 2760

Boss: Goddess Emilia
    -This is another fight I recommend Twin's LS. However, she does not use any AoE therefore you don't NEED the Twin's and you can make do with Stimulants. Unlike the other bosses, she lacks the AoE therefore she's not as big a threat as the others but take heed; it hurts a lot even against Earth types if she BB's you 3 times in one turn.sd
    ---

A5: Alman Mausoleum
    Drops: Light Pots
    A5D2 - "The Meaning of Holiness"
    Battle: 10
    XP: 2180

Boss: Sky Hero Athena, Angel Maria (x2)
    -Focus down Athena first. Athena is relentless in using her BB every turn. She MIGHT NOT use it few turns but it's better being prepared than counting on that. I wiped against her my first try; I HUGELY recommend Twin's LS otherwise your entire party will be injured and weakened by the 2nd or 3rd turn and will pretty much be perma afflicted as Athena will BB very often. Angel Maria will eventually die out from your AoE BB's. It's very important that you take Twin's LS otherwise this battle is much harder than it has to be. Ironically, I beat her without Twin's LS (forgot to change leader). I used all my items though.
    ---

A5D3 - "Long Blade Warrior"
    Energy: 14
    XP: 2380

Boss: Champion Aem, Titania, Cyclops, Cerberus, Scylla
    -All boss units with the exception of Aem has a buff once they hit below 50% HP. So again like the Leore/Titania fight, if you can't AoE BB them in one turn I recommend picking them off one by one. Aem BB's every other turn (rarely twice). For certain he does the most damage but if you AoE BB and don't kill all the side bosses, they will be buffed and kill your units. I'll leave it up to you to decide who to focus first but I out the side bosses first while using Phoenix BB for sustain. Units should have 4.5k-5k HP if low DEF, 4k+ for high DEF and they should survive.
    ---
    A5D4 - "Blade of Victor"
    XP: 2480

Boss: Holy Knight Atro, Rameldria
    -The light version of beast/starter boss but this one is considerably harder. I would say Twin's LS is a necessity in this fight. Rameldria has a paralysis affliction per attack and can attack up to 4-5 times per turn. When he uses BB, it's usually BB/attack/attack and done. Whoever he touches will get paralyzed. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Frontier Hunter's Rameldria in the 2nd dungeon but this Rameldria is right up its alley. It'll stun EVERYTHING. Having the Twin's will save you from this nightmare so PLEASE take Twins for this. Their damage output isn't anything amazing but I'd still focus down Atro first even though he attacks less, he's much easier to kill while dealing good damage.
    ---
    A5D5 - "Where the Light Shines"
    Energy: 16
    XP: 2780

Boss: God Knight Will
    -For this fight, I actually went 100% water boost. Will dishes out the damages and it's a big tougher than Mega, Gun God, Emilia. I'd say it's around similar toughness as Lava without a counter element squad. If you are not confident you can beat him, I recommend two healers for this fight. Ideally Phoenix but whichever you can use to fill (only try the two healers if you tried with one healer and wiped at Will).
    ---

A6: Land of the Dead
    Drops: Dark Pots
    Notes: Extremely powerful mini-boss duo (Zahhak and Sorcerer Lily). Both units can use 2 AoE's per turn, Zahhak is capable of using 3 but very rare. Both units will curse you. Both units AoE EVERY TURN and can wipe out your party. Recommended to have 5* units with DEF 1200+ and ATK 1400+. Even the tankiest units can be wiped from this mini boss and, IMO, this mini boss duo is harder than most bosses you've encountered in Encervis (LOL right?). Twin's LS greatly preferred. Either Fujin Potion or Ares Flute is a must if you don't have BB fill boost after every turn/boost from crystals. If your units have below 5k HP, you might run into trouble.
    -Second Note: Sorcerer Lily spawns every other battle; Land of the Dead will have Fairy/Minotaur/Lamia/etc spawning in regular battles.

A6D1 - Sea of Wicked Thought
    Battle: 9
    XP: 2100

Boss: Dark Arts Lily, Incubus (x2)
    -Focus Lily first; she can use AoE every turn. Very easy if you kill Lily first and fast.
    ---
    A6D2 - Vile Dreams Come True
    Battle: 10
    XP: 2200

Boss: Lich, Succubus (x2)
    -This fight is pretty much a 'roided version of the Lily/Incubus fight. Lich will use AoE every turn and he can curse with each attack. As I mentioned in the notes, it is heavily recommend that you take Twin's LS every dungeon. You might get to kill the Succubus pretty early with your AoE BB but focus down Lich as fast as possible. Unless you have premium 5* units (very powerful 5* units with amazing stat distribution no matter the class; ie Twins, Kikuri, Amy, etc), this fight can be a bit difficult.
    ---
    A6D3 - The Endlessly Dying Witch
    XP: 2400

Boss: Necromancer Lemia, Titania, Cerberus, Scylla, Cyclops
    -Like before, all the side bosses standing next to Lemia has a perma buff that activates at 50% HP. Same idea as before; if you can't kill them in 1 turn of BB's, pick them off one at a time. Now I focus down the side bosses first so I can spam BB on Lemia as she has A LOT of HP and I didn't take any damage boost LS. Lemia can inflict curse and poison on you so if you don't have the Twin's this fight will be much harder. She is capable of using BB every turn to AoE you down so Fujin Potion or Ares Flute is recommended if you don't have a secondary healer like Phoenix or some way to sustain the damage lost (if you use cures, you will run out in like 2-3 turns). At one point though, once the side bosses are cleared and it's just Lemia, the fight becomes easier although you still need to heal frequently. God Phoenix with high BB lvl is recommended.
    ---
    A6D4 - Wicked Hostility
    XP: 2500

Boss: Death God Lodaga, Black Magress
    -First off I will say this is the hardest boss out of the mythical beast + starter boss duo's. Why? Magress, unlike all the other starters, is extremely EXTREMELY tanky. He has a lot more HP than the other starters and I think he has close to double their HP as a boss. Also, Magress can use BB every turn which is the biggest threat because he can wipe your team. You should be able to kill him relatively quick though compared to Lodaga. Lodaga himself is very tough to kill BUT he only targets one unit per attack and can employ up to 4-5 attacks per turn while Magress can only do it 2-4 times. Still, focus Magress as his AoE is very dangerous. Lodaga's BB is a single target attacker. If your units have below 1000 DEF, they will be 1 shot by his BB if it crits. If it doesn't, you still COULD die 1 shot to it depending on how low the DEF is. I stopped using units like Zeln altogether for dungeons like this. Zeln would get 1 shot by Zahhak, the mid boss, and he had 4k HP. My Twin's have just above 1200 DEF with spheres and was nearly 1 shot'd by a crit BB from Lodaga.
    ---
    A6D5 - The Skies Above
    Energy: 16
    XP: 2800

Boss - Scythe God Alice
    -This'll be the hardest boss among the elemental dungeons in Encervis. She will BB at least once every turn maxing up to 5-6 attacks per turn. One turn, she used 2 BB and attacked 4 times. Her attacks can also curse and let's not forget the extremely powerful duo mini-boss: Zahhak and Lily. Just be wary of that curse and during the Alice boss fight, try to bring a mono squad with ores and seals. Having Fujin Potion CAN help too but it can only save you for 2 turns per Fujin Potion depending on how tanky your units are. If you don't have the 5* healers, you're pretty much screwed and will have to guard them every turn and pray they don't die when you bb with them. However, the hardest part of this fight is the constant AoE threat; if you look past that part, she's not too tanky and can be killed quickly.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Eiris, Elder Cloud and Box like this.
  2. Box

Box Skywalker Moderator

Friend ID:
    Full
    Leader:
    KKR
    Good write up Stew! I was going to sticky it but I think Josh wants to put it into the guide section. So I'll let him do it.

3. PuppyStew

PuppyStew Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    Thanks Box ^_^

4. Josh

Josh Lantern Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Great work PuppyStew, thanks! I'll add it to the Guides section now!

5. PuppyStew

PuppyStew Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    Updating: I got up to the last stage of the Land of the Dead region last night only to fail BB Elimo, attack instead of heal by accident, and wiped at mini boss of Zahhak/Sorc Lily. From what I heard, Alice is supposed to be the hardest final stage boss out of the elemental quest dungeons in Encervis.

6. Eiris

Eiris Goddess Admin Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level 500 Oracle Goddess
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Ouch. I hate it when that happens!
    And I would agree that Alice is the toughest boss in that area. She puts up quite the fight.

7. PuppyStew

PuppyStew Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    I gotta say though the mini bosses and regular monsters in Land of the Dead is significantly harder than other dungeons because of Sorc Lily that spawns like every other battle. I guess I'll put a little note saying focus her down first.

8. Natsu (Lapinreng)

Natsu (Lapinreng) Gladiator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Duel-SGX
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    With this team do you think i could beat Zebra ?

:earth:Nemia 6* (Breaker)
    :water:Mega 6* (Anima)
    :dark:Duel-SGX 6* (Anima)
    :thunder:Rashil 5* (Guardian)
    :water:Serin 5* (Anima)
    :fire:Darvanshel 6* (Anima) (Friends)
    or
    :dark:Elza 6* (Anima) (Friends)