EU EU-Exclusive Skalmold's Trial | EU-Exclusive Trial #1 | Available NOW in Randall's Research Lab

Discussion in 'European Server' started by Arkaurus, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Arkaurus

Arkaurus Gleam

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur (B) Herald (A) Magena (G) Heinrich (A) etc.
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    [​IMG]
    Do you have what it takes to defeat Valhalla warriors Skalmold & Geirdriful?
    Head over to the Research Lab in Randall to attempt Noel's latest challenge!
    Skalmold's Trial [EU-Exclusive]
    It's been a while since Summoners have gone to Valhalla through the Vortex for the first time in February 2015. None of them has forgotten therise and fall of Skalmold, and the subsequent torment of her sister Geirdriful they had to face! After months of research, using the data from these excursions to Valhalla, Noel has finally been able to recreate these events in his Research Lab!

It is his most challenging Trial yet! You'd best come prepared to face the combined power of Skalmold & Geirdriful in our first European Exclusive Trial!

Head over to the Research Lab in Randall NOW!
    Requirements
    50 Energy (Summoner level 45 minimum)
    Note: We recommend having a minimum Summoner level of 100 to stand a chance!
    Rewards
    1 Gem
    1 Skalmold's Heart (Damage Reducing Sphere): Boost to all parameters (30%) & decrease in damage received from Fire & Dark types (10%) & boosts BB gauge fill rate (10%)
    Good luck to you all, Summoners! We hope you'll enjoy the first Trial by gumi Europe!

For those that are still struggling with some of the mechanics:

Skalmold (first phase):
    • use an aoe attack (Souls in Hell) that inflicts every status ailments every 3 turn, apply a resistance against water attack on her, and slightly (almost nothing :p) replenish her health.
    • use a single target (Your Soul is Mine) powerful attack at 80%, 50%, 40% and then 20%.Those attacks get stronger at every threshold, at 80% she deals 150% HP damage (just mitigate and you'll be ok).At 50% deals 180% HP damage (just mitigate and you'll be ok).At 40% deals 200% HP, so you have to mitigate and either put on guard your units or use a leaderskill like the one of Magena.At 20% deals 220% HP damage, you can survive doing the same as at the previous threshold . This single target attack totally ignore any Def buff AND Gazolina shield, so don't count on those.You can survive even with an angel idol (selena and Ivris always survive)
    Do not enter those threshold in turn 3, 6, 9 and so on, or you'll get both her special attacks.
    Also if you pass more than one threshold at a time you'll get all the attacks, so try not to do it.
    If you manage to get her from more than 20% to 0% you'll skip the last one ;)

Geirdriful (second phase):
    • use an aoe attack (Simple Curse) that can cause curse and paralysis every 3 turns
    • use randomly a single target attack (Nobody Will help You) that deals 160% Hp damage (you can survive it with just mitigation)
    In the third phase Geirdriful will use Simple Curse every 3 turns, Your Magic is Nothing every 7 turns (will wipe any kind of teams, except for units with an angel idol applied), and randomly Nobody Will Help You
    Skalmold (Zombie *_*) will cast Souls in Hell every 3 turns from the one in which she was revived, randomly Your Souls is Mine, and will use Kamikatze Zombie (which will wipe your team exactly like Your Magic is Nothing) whenever the counter get to 0.
    She will also, randomly, cast No Armor Will Save You Mortals, that gives both the sisters an attack and crit buff, and the defense ignore skill (so if you'll be able to kill Skalmold before she will cast this it would be easier).

So basically you will at least lose a team every 7 turns, better be quick!!!

And don't forget that anytime Skalmold will die, Geirdriful will recover 400k HP (20% of her total amount of 2M HP).

Good Luck!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. LordMg

LordMg Warlord

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Amadeus
    Level:
    240+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    "Skalmold's Heart" - 7* Skalmold sphere? And I'm not gonna try it - I have only 7* starters and game most likely will crash during trial.

3. Spud

Spud Master

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felneus / Zebra / Geirdriful / Grah
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    BC's aren't being collected properly for 4 out of my 6 units so far. Slight bug it seems :(

4. Arkaurus

Arkaurus Gleam

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Want to share my "experience" so far…

When you first kill Skalmold Geir comes.
    When Geir is at 20-30% Skalmold get back in.
    Then it start a counter, starting with 6, and after every round it goes down by 1…
    I managed to kill Skal before it reach 0, but Geir resurrect her AND got back at full health.
    She say something like "resurrect 1" 1 is the number of resurrection she has already did, so i guess either we must kill them both at the same time (but Skalmold is waaaay weaker than Geir) or maybe we need to kill Skal when the counter get to 0…We'll see!

5. Eusebio96

Eusebio96 Hero

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur, Percival, Elza
    Level:
    when the counter reach 0 skalmold drop an AOE that destroy ur ass

6. olivier

olivier Moros

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Gloomy (A)
    Level:
    250+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    Brave-KH 2.V
    Are you supposed to Let zombie skalmold count till zero because i have killed her like 10 times and she keeps getting revived and geirdriful full heals herself

7. Skal

Skal Star

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Heinrich / Jade
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Well, the first two iterations are not that hard, except for Skalmold one shoting units regularly.
    When both are there there must be some kind of trigger making them unleash a big AoE killing your team through mitigation and everything, we just have to find what.
    You will need some kind of status nullifying / cleaning, as Geirdriful will regularly para / curse most of your team on her AoE. I had Kanon as a lead on my first team so it was painless, but once I got to my second team that got annoying quickly.

The sphere seems kind of OP though, 30% all stats and other benefits without it being a stats sphere :eek:

8. dekc

dekc Divine

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    OMNI Selena
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Reached geir and zombie skalmond easily and for like 3 times I continuously killed skalmond wit no problem for health, then they went full rage and wipe out my entire squad... really have no idea how to win.

9. Legna@BF

Legna@BF Divine

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Bordebegia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    PaD / BF / TB
    Was it just me or Skalmold attack "Your soul is mine" gets stronger at every iteration ?
    My team had constant mitigation and was Light/Dark so there was no weak or strong element effect.

Maybe, killing Geir before the first Zombie Skal dies is possible is you have a very, very strong single target team but is it really the way to go ?
    Or do we have to kill Skal multiple times ? Also, each time she revive she get stronger and stronger and Geir looked like she got a buff, atk+ first time and crit+ the second.
    Couldn't see more because of that hyper-nuke that killed the team... I wonder what was the trigger... we need more data.

10. Akumu

Akumu Eurynomos

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    IS-2m(fated), Zelnite
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF EU, Panzer Waltz, Path of Exile
    Here's my few cents.
    I managed lolrandomly get them to 3 iterations(old team w\o spheres), when i got "Your magic is nothing" and woopdedoo for my team 1(if i am not mistaken, that AoE might have happened with next team). Next team fared little better, i guarded to see what happens on "0". I got roflstomped.
    3rd team found something interesting. When almost everyone died, only feeva friend left she was whomped by "Kamikaze Zobmie", which dealt ridiculous amount of DMG and killed zombie Skal in turn.
    It seems like we really need to focus on Geir until certain HP threshold at least, or the whole fight should last no more than few resurrections of Skal.
    TL;DR - try NOT to kill zombie Skal.

11. Inevitable

Inevitable

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur
    Level:
    I kept a document of all my turns

Mischievous Skalmold:
    Your Soul Is Mine at 80%, 50%, 40% and 10% (the first three are 100% accurate but the 10% might be 20% as well)
    Target seems to be random and it increases in damage every time.
    80% Gazolina -> 3000 hp left
    50% Selena -> 1500 hp left
    40% Shera -> Dead
    10% Gazolina Dead
    Considering Gazolina has ~18k hp with shield and 3k left, while Selena had ~21,5k makes me think it starts at 15k fixed damage and goes up by 5k each time.

Next up is geirdriful and she is extremely easy. I killed her in 4 turns and she applied Simple curse at 55% HP, which didn't even break my shields. at 5% she changed to Demented Geirdriful.

That is where I'm drawing a blank. I got her to 50% with Selena's UBB and then she does Your Magic Is Nothing which wipes the entire team even with Shields up and mitigation. Only Selena survives this one.

Worst part is that my second team wiped out Skalmold, Geirdriful went back to 65% hp, and at 50% she did the the same wipe. I guess you want to use Selena's UBB at around 55%/60% to make sure the skalmold revive doesn't put her above 50% again.

12. Legna@BF

Legna@BF Divine

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Bordebegia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    PaD / BF / TB
    @Inevitable
    My team had many less hp than your team but was able to withstand each "Your sould is mine".
    To me it looked like the first one would hit 100%hp of a unit, so 50% if mitigated, the second 150% and the third 180%, if she could use it four times I killed her before that, of course I need to try again to check the number, I should try for example to not mitigate even the first time she use it.

An user on @Lindbrum doc cleared the trial with the most obvious solution: double Kira and focus Geir

13. Skal

Skal Star

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Heinrich / Jade
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    You can "cheese" it (unless it is intended) with a damage oriented squad. I did it with :
    - Kira Lead / friend
    - Melchio
    - Feeva
    - Shera
    - Selena

Melchio is practical for avoiding status and for giving light element to everyone. I pop a fujin potion on him first turn against Skalmold, and SBB him afterwards whenever needed.
    Geirdriful in her first iteration falls very quickly, and when both are on just use Selena UBB, SBB Kira and Shera for buffs if needed, and just kill both with normal attacks.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Sucker, Arkaurus and Legna@BF like this.
  14. Arkaurus

Arkaurus Gleam

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Actually i "cheesed" too.
    Kira leader
    Kira co-leader
    Selena
    Quaid
    Melchio
    Shera

Melchio was actually avoidable, i could have just used a Magena/Eir/Ulkina/Rigness anything that give you status ailments protection, since i UBB'd Quaid in the first turn of the third part…
    Then i used normal attack and killed Geir in one turn, then Skal was down quite quick…

congrats @Skal , seems you were quicker ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didididi likes this.
  15. Akumu

Akumu Eurynomos

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    IS-2m(fated), Zelnite
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF EU, Panzer Waltz, Path of Exile
    I wonder will doublemax setup will work.
    maxwell
    maxwell
    selena
    melchio
    shera
    Ayamarks
    for example?
    i will try it a bit later in the evening.

16. Mille

Mille Guardian

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Libra, Scorpio
    Level:
    264+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    League of legends, OSU!, BF
    What about llewxaM?
    Maybe she is a good lead or sub for this trial :confused:

17. Sky King Zazamus

Sky King Zazamus Diablo

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    whatever i feel like using
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier RPG
    2X Kira lead = one shot gier
    to evry1 that cleared this trial any thoughts? bad/good?

18. Sky King Zazamus

Sky King Zazamus Diablo

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    whatever i feel like using
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier RPG
    llewxaM have the same LS if im not wrong except the DMG to weak elements. soo yeah i guess

19. iCantPlayDiz

iCantPlayDiz Heavenly Judge

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Meta Leaders
    Level:
    42x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF EU / Overwatch / Hearthstone
    Also...
    You can use this or add onto this list:
    https://docs. google.com/document/d/1m9xTu2l6EAYyUmAC59lgaCapWUNk4qxEPsxsXmlaA7c/preview

Entered a spacebar because the link wont show

Edit:
    Any replacements for Kira?

20. Skal

Skal Star

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Heinrich / Jade
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I'm pretty sure one of the things that made Geirdriful so "weak" is that both Kira and Maxwell increase weak element damage and they are both light units. That plus crit makes Geidriful way too damageable.

Be aware that on the official forums one of the CM (french one) just asked if we thought that the crit resistance of both Skalmold and Geirdriful should be raised so it is likely to come "soon" :)
    He hinted that crit team was not the only way to go, so I'm pretty sure that there is a "proper" way of beating the trial which doesn't involve Kiraing her to death !

In my opinion letting the countdown go to "0" is a big no-no, as it looks like fixed damage for more than 100K and is intended to be instant wipe.
    So we just have to find a way to kill Skalmold in less than 6 turns each time, and find the trigger to avoid "your magic is nothing" from Geirdriful...