[EU] Team Build frontier hunter

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by JerrydSbm, Jan 16, 2016.

1. JerrydSbm

JerrydSbm Demon

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Feeva
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hey guys!
    I'm currently struggling with my team for frontier hunter. My friends, who are also playing BF are in a competition with me, so they won't help me during the frontier hunter phase and I'm bad at creating teams. So I hope u guys can help me out, cuz I'm really a noob when it's going to be about tactics. :D image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    First, for EU players posting in this forum section, you might want a text list of units in order to name the EU exclusives. The vast majority of posters here are Global and JP players. We can google the names of the EU exclusives or look at a wiki. That's fine...But...

We can't recognise their artwork or icons. Think about it. Makes sense, right?

As such, this post does not take any EU exclusives into account, meaning I'm simply not considering a good proportion of your unit list. That's not my problem, as it were. It may or may not affect this build. My guess is that it makes no difference, but I could be wrong.

It probably sounds like I'm always really mean to EU players or something, but that's not my intent. I'm simply saying, since most of us who do advice posts aren't familiar with the EU units, you need to help us so we can help you.

:earth:Rosetta, :dark:Feeva (Either Lead) + :fire:Darvanshel, :dark:Shida, :thunder:Kanon
    - if you use items for status cure, can consider Maxwell instead of Kanon
    - Shida SBB should always be cast at start of turn for element add

3. JerrydSbm

JerrydSbm Demon

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Feeva
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    First of all I am sorry about that. It was my first post ever. But i still thank you :)
    Now to the EU only units I am going to post some wiki links for them.
    :earth:Eir: http://bravefrontierinternational.wikia.com/wiki/Goddess_Eir​
    :light:Alvitr: http://bravefrontierinternational.wikia.com/wiki/Goddess_Alvitr
    :earth:Voodoo: http://bravefrontiereurope.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Voodoo_Child
    :light:Blink: http://www.united-gamers.net/threads/unit-analysis-lightspeed-bloody-blink-bad-lands-set.65337/
    :light:Arthur: http://bravefrontiereurope.wikia.com/wiki/Avalon_Arthur
    These are all my EU exclusive units, so if u want u can check them out. :D

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Yeah, okay. Thanks for that. It changes things. You want to do something like this - not just for FH, but for gameplay in general:

:light:Arthur (Lead) + :dark:Shida, (choose :fire:Darvanshel OR :earth:Voodoo Child), (choose :earth:Rosetta OR :dark:Feeva), (choose :earth:Eir OR :thunder:Kanon)

In this setup, you're relying on Arthur's excellent boost to all stats, plus crit effects, plus BB fill when crit. Arthur individually boosts crit rate and has other useful stuff. He should realistically be your anchor leader for most content aside from arena, not just FH. Basically, the reason why this is a good lead skill - for survival in harder top tier content you want an approx 30% HP boost on lead... Arthur has that, the other stat increases are just a bonus. You also want extra damage from your lead skill, and/or extra BB gauge generation, so again Arthur works well in those respects. Now, as an individual unit, Arthur buffs crit rate - among other things, but crit rate in general is a good damage increase effect. And remember that his lead skill functions off crits! Note that some bosses will resist critical hits or critical damage, so you can't rely on crit all the time, but as a general rule of thumb crit is nice.

Why not crit in arena? Well, you can't rely on crit hits in arena so much, you don't have your crit rate buff up reliably.

Shida's used for element add here. Now, this means squad will always do bonus damage from hitting element weaknesses...and element add is particularly crucial for FH as it affects point score (you get points from hitting element weaknesses). He's optional if you're adapting this for regular gameplay, you could bring both Rosetta and Feeva instead. But Shida's still a decent regular squad member and does have 7* confirmed.

You need Darvanshel or Voodoo Child to provide 50% damage reduction/mitigation for your squad, in case you can't kill something in one turn and the fight goes multiple rounds. Generally speaking mitigation is fairly important to bring. With that said, if you find that you are reliably killing everything in one turn, for some squad variants you can afford to leave Darvanshel/Voodoo behind. This is mostly... armour-plating for the squad, put it that way, it's survivability. Please note that Darvanshel maxes at 6* with no 7* form confirmed at this time. Voodoo is an EU exclusive, and all the EU exclusives should eventually receive 7* form based on what the devs have said. So, to recap, strictly speaking this is optional for FH, but if doing general purpose squad building it's probably safer to stick a mitigator in almost every team build aside from arena.

And hell, in FH you may still need it if you fail to kill an enemy cleanly in one turn. Which may happen because your BB gauge generation isn't THAT good with this setup. It's not bad, but it isn't super awesome.

Rosetta or Feeva ... they do different things, the choice is here mainly because there's just no room in the squad. Rosetta for spark damage buff, Feeva for BC/HC fill. I personally suspect you might want to bring Feeva for BC/HC and use a friend unit for spark damage buff instead, since Feeva has 7* form and Rosetta doesn't at this time. Feeva BB can also provide atk/def/rec buff, though you have a few sources of def potentially.

Eir or Kanon is for status cure/protect. Eir also heals, Kanon also provides def buff. If using Darvanshel or Feeva (who also have a def buff), then you may not necessarily want Kanon (although Kanon's def buff is much stronger).

I've explained it since you said you're not too clear on how to build squads.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  5. JerrydSbm

JerrydSbm Demon

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Feeva
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Ok thank you a lot I'm going to try that now. I really appreciate, that u took ur time for me :)

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    No problem. Good luck with the builds!