FH Guide [Frontier Hunter] A Breakdown On All You Need To Know

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ZURA, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Leader janai, Katsura da!
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Introduction
    It's been 2 years since I've put in my two cents on FH. Well good news because I am back and here to bring you V2 of building a squad for FH! Today's meta is vast with a wide array of units and buffs at our disposal. I will be handing you a breakdown on how people reach such damn high scores. For the veterans you can ignore this thread as it is mainly geared towards the newer audience.

With how easy it is to attain units what with all sorts of rate up gates chances are you're going to land a pretty meta unit. Just watch for the black gate and pray to RNGesus that it's what you need.

Guide is getting an overhaul. Updates are made when I feel like it. Warning, once completed, expect a massive wall of text.
    Guidelines for a happy marriage....Wait a minute..
    • Absolutely NO single target BB's/SBB's. Some units (Nyami, Gildorf) are an exception.
    • No Healers ever! Totally not needed ever. Why are you still bringing a healer? ...... I'm done with you.
    • Use mitigation units for Terminus (3TK Method), Only needed if your squad is squishy.
    • And lastly, for the love of RNGesus, Max out your units. Everything, from stat's to BB hell, even your credit card...
    "At Junes, everyday is Customer Appreciation Day. Come see for yourself, and get in touch with our products! Every day's great at your Junes!"

Leader Breakdown
    And we're back! I hope you enjoyed that commercial from one of our sponsors!
    FH has been forever changed with the new Meta and new methods for gaining high esteem points. The unit base for FH has been broken down significantly. That being said the current leaders are:

• Ardent Dawn Avant (OE coming soon!) - Avant is the most common lead used in previous months of FH grinding. His LS brings such high damage outputs for Crits and sparks it's a no brainer why he shouldn't be a lead. With his upcoming OE he'll be returned to the spotlight once again! Ya know, for those of us who don't have Nyami, Miku, Azurai etc...
    • Shadow Cat Nyami (7*) - Nyami is one of the most popular FH leads to date. With a very attack and crit damage boosting LS and her ability to self spark (go Nyami!) on SBB it's no wonder she's so common. And let's not count out the fact that she is an incredible nuker with a very long shelf life.
    • Mankai Sakura Miku (OE) - Miku is not new to global...But her OE version is! If you were lucky enough to get her, not only is she an excellent spark blanket but she is another great alternative crit lead!
    • Doombringer Azurai (OE) - Azurai is one of the newer additions to the crit game and boy did he get a lot of flack for being so basic in a sense that his kit is pretty much like any other current unit out.....But looks are always deceiving unless you test him first right? I personally don't have him, but when using a friends I have noticed a significant boost in my round to round scoring that I couldn't possibly attain with any other crit lead. True story.
    • Fulgur Halcyon Eze (OE) - WHAT?!? EZE!?! Yes indeedy, while he may not be a crit lead, spark damage leads are also very handy. Honestly though, many use him for his LS that provides BB gauge on spark but he'll most likely become nonexistent because of the next gal that provides this on her SP option.....Don't get me wrong if you don't have Ensa-Taya eze is still a great lead to pair with a crit lead. You won't out do the damage done with 2 crit leads but hey, least you'll keep them gauges filled. Assuming you can keep up full SBB every round without one.
    • Void Pasha Ensa-Taya (OE) - Yes, the gal in question is none other than Ensa-Taya. Her sp option gives her the ability to fill BB gauge on spark thus demolishing Eze for the spot of Spark buffer. If you don't have her no worries. Eze will still see a lot of use not to mention the bastard hits like a mofo. Be wise in what you choose for her SP options because let's face it, the costs are terrible.
    • Zero (OE) - Zero is the latest in Spark damage leads and pretty much blew all others out the water. with a base increase of 120% and an additional 120% when sparks have exceeded a certain amount, that gives us a grand total of wait for it........240% increase! Let's not forget his kit oh me oh my.....Sparks on sparks on sparks.....Of course, just don't be garbage at sparking okay kids? While his SP options may be a let down don't let that discourage you for the grand master of Spark damage will decimate all! Okay, most....
    That about sums up the most common leads you'll be running into. Choosing the right lead is pretty self explanatory, choose a high damage lead, make sure the buffs are right, set.

Gimmie Dem Buffs!
    If theirs one thing thats pretty obvious to us is that in order to gain them high scores you need to have a wide array of buffs. Let's check out what kind of drugs your units will need.
    • Elemental Changers - You'll need this to ensure that you'll always have neutral damage on all types. Quite a bit of units out that can provide this for you. What am I a dictionary? Go look it up ya lazy bum.
    • Offensive Buffs
      • Spark Damage Up - If possible have spark critical to complement the damage even further.
      • Attack Damage Up - Normal attack up and attack up relative to stat if possible (Yes they do stack)
      • Crit Rate/Damage Up - Yeah, should've seen this coming. Without these what's the point?
    • Defensive Buffs
      • Defense Up - For defense overkill, Def up relative to stat + normal def up. Helps a lot considering how hard Terminus mobs hit.
      • Mitigation - Really only needed if you plan to run terminus with 3TK method.
      • Status Removal/Immunity - Should keep those pesky niche mobs off your back (I'm looking at you Terminus)
    • BC/HC/BB Production Buffs
      • BC Fill Rate Up - Pretty standard buff you'll be wanting. There will be times when you'll run into those pesky 1 - 2 unit rounds and all your SBBs aren't maxed for the next nuking. Which leads me to the next buff.
      • BB Gauge On Spark - By far one of the best one's to get those BB gauges to max. When just Ares buff alone isn't enough, this particular buff and our amazing auto battle system (Which can ensure perfect sparking depending on your setup and timing) You shouldn't have a problem when it comes to those 1 - 2 unit rounds.
      • BB Boost Every Turn/When Attacked - If you ever find yourself lacking in the BC gen department then it's worth noting that you should take these specific buffs with you. That, or you have to rethink your squad.
      • HC Drop Rate Boost/HP On Spark/HP When Attacked - Honestly, mobs do not even hit that hard. Even with todays meta FH specialized units are so easy to get (assuming RNGesus is nice to you) you don't even have to consider these buffs. It's just a nice little bonus to have for the "Bwahaha, I have every buff in my squad" type of people..
    Sphere Setup
    Sphere setups are just as important as unit setups because this is where your damage/point gains are increased even further. Not much to think of on this as you really only need to focus on 3 major Sphere types
    • Status Up - Spheres like Sacred Jewel and upgraded versions of it are pretty standard and good place holders until you start crafting the good stuff.
    • Spark - Well this one is a no brainer. Almost all FH squads will have Spark type spheres equipped to their units. Not much to explain here.
    • Critical Damage/Hit Rate - As we know, FH is all about overkill and what better way to ensure overkill then boosting your crit damage?

If you need information on certain units please use the link provided: http://touchandswipe.github.io/bravefrontier/rawskillsglobal.html#_=_

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. VinuJ

VinuJ Commander

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Black Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Nice! I'm it will help the less experienced ones :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Josh

Josh Lantern Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Great guide, I'll add it to the guides section.

Grahdens isn't a good leader for BB spam unless you'll got a Felneus friend. I use him as leader for FH, but I switch leaders if I have no Fel friends.

I would add Ultra Blade Aem to the list of leaders for BB spam too, he fills 3BC per turn. This LS, combined with units with low BB refill rates and Evil Shard's can be an effective way to play.

Zebra is also a terrible "grunt". Great leader for Crit/Spark hybrids, but his terrible DEF makes him a bad choice if he's not leading.

Trilly the Drednought likes this.
  4. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Made the necessary changes and additions. Thanks Josh

More updates to come tomorrow

Rootcypher likes this.
  5. Olataro

Olataro Duelist

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rashil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Good guide, thank you Zura!

ZURA likes this.
  6. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Did some updates. More content to come when I'm free.

Rootcypher likes this.
  7. Chode

Chode Diablo

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Goddess Axe Michele (L), Grahdens (L), Kagutsuchi (A/B)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    BUYP. THIS POST IS AWESOME.

ZURA likes this.
  8. Mariel BraveF

Mariel BraveF

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    GrahAvantChromeTridonArkSheraGaziaZenia
    Level:
    200+
    I have Fel, Serin, Cayena, and Kagu in my FH squad. I've been using Will as my 5th, but I also have Duelmex. Do you think he would be better or worse than Will?

9. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Well, not many mobs in FH are susceptible to paralyze so I would keep Will in your squad since his SBB has HC drop rate which will help you loads since your not running a healer.

10. Frozen

Frozen Warrior

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Queen Selena
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    uploadfromtaptalk1405576429107.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405576453882.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405576477947.jpg

these are my squads, any tips to modify them for FH. i really want to atleast get all the rewards for middle and entrance. and next season hopefully i can get rewards for all three. and if battle maidens come out during waiting time. it'll be awesome

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

11. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Single target BB units are a big no. The goal you should have in mind is all AOE units as stated in the guide. Rework your squad to look like this

:water: Selena (Leader)
    :water: Reeze
    :water: Mega
    :dark: Kikuri
    :thunder: Emilia or :earth: Altro

Emilia will become very useful once you have her 6* SBB as it is AOE but for now you should start maxing out your units and have them all at least 5* if your ever going to achieve those rewards

12. Olataro

Olataro Duelist

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rashil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hi Zura, mind if i add you?

13. Frozen

Frozen Warrior

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Queen Selena
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    i used it and failed miserably with only 200,000 points. yesterday i got 400,000 points. literally 50,000 away from sacred jewel

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

14. Mariel BraveF

Mariel BraveF

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    GrahAvantChromeTridonArkSheraGaziaZenia
    Level:
    200+
    Okay, thanks :)

15. JoshFan

JoshFan Titan

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Inferno Goddess Elza, Tyrant Lilly Matah
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Sadly I'm the unlucky f2p who wasn't able to pull a nice rs :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

16. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    You just have to start evolving your units. 4* units wont take you far in FH

17. Chode

Chode Diablo

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    ZURA,
    is the following a solid BB spam squad that can break 800k on End? (I cleared all rewards on Middle/Entrance)

5* Kagutsuchi (B)
    6* Pixy Lord Leore (L)
    6* Ultra Blade Aem (O)
    6* Ice Master Dean (A)
    6* Heaven's Bow Loch (G)

I'm asking cuz they are currently 5* and ready to evolve, but my evo mats are limited. I have 5 metal keys saved so maxing them won't be a problem.

No SBBs by the way. Although I do have 6 burst frogs if a SBB is really necessary (I heard Leore's is).

All other AoE BB units I have:
    Kagutsuchi (A), Holy Ice Selena (A), Sea King Mega (L), Unholy Magress (O), Cavalryman Sodis (A), Rakshasa Vishra (G), Hail Mech Reeze (A), Ryujin Mifune (B), Holy Flame Vargas (A), Ice Warrior Karl (L).

I have two healers: Rashil and Elimo, both Anima, both maxed out. I heard they really screw up BB spam squads though.

As you can see I am very limited on units. I would run my ideal squad with a Felneus friend.

Thanks alot in advance.

18. Umereon

Umereon Archangel

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elsa 7 and Avant 8
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BO3 DS3 Broforce!
    Doesn't will's HC drop rate buff only apply to himself though?

19. Chode

Chode Diablo

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
  20. Umereon

Umereon Archangel

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elsa 7 and Avant 8
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing: