Genius... Bloody... CHALLENGE...

Discussion in 'Quests & Bosses' started by Lux-Erebus Games, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki

I have absolutely had it with this damnable trial. It doesn't matter what I come up with, it doesn't matter how much or how little I prepare; I have pulled out every possible trick and suggestion I thought I could possibly need to end the mock Vargas and Avant's miserable existence and yet I get rolled up, tossed aside, stomped on and screwed in the butt by AAARR... EEENNN... GEEEE at every single turn. Every possible thing that can ever go wrong in this round DOES and it's pissing me off like nothing else in this game. And they say the Seria SZ is even worse; what, does it one-shot a random unit every turn or something?!

Oy... Anyways, pissed-off ranting aside it's clear I'm doing something wrong and need to rebuild my squad (though I probably won't get to it again for awhile as I would like to keep what's left of my sanity intact so I'm currently taking a break from this trial. A LONG break.). Tried asking elsewhere and, well, they're not helping my thoughts on this OR my mood. As usual, these are my current OE's and OE'ables.

And for a good clue of how badly RNG has been screwing with my planning, I'll even bold and color the ones I used (although this was for just one out of about a dozen failed attempts). Oh, and the friend lead was an Alza Masta.

:fire: Sol, Vargas, Azurai, Avant, Lyonesse, Kulyuk, Shura (x2), Valen, Rugahr, Ciara, Adriesta, Rengaku, Malef, Alessa, Barion, Arus, Ruby, Adel, Claire
    :water: Vikki, Cotton, Charlotte, Selena, Garrett, Holia, Hugh, Azalea, Ilm,
    Elimo, Azami, Melord, Savia, Vern, Stein, Mariela, Zalts, Iris, Isniel, Tazer
    :earth: Lance, Zelnite, Quaid, Felice, Hisui, Rozalia, Mariletta, Faelan, Daze, Serge, Gyras, Lanza, Daros, Libera, Baro, Mordlim, Nimune
    :thunder: Silvie, Lid, Ky, Eze, Viktor, Kanon, Silas, Rayla, Fizz, Eleanor, Shera, Licht, Ewan, Zora, Beiorg, Jireid, Ragra, Marlo, Rhoa,
    Cleria
    :light: Jack-O', Elphelt, Atro, Ark, Mel, Izuna, Lauda, Regil (x2), Gabriela, Zellha, Lara, Zekt, Garrel, Agress, Janice, Ionia, Mora, Lilith, Sirius, Carroll, Sefia, Linasera, Kira, Lukroar, Rinon, Diastima
    :dark: Mard Geer, Magress,
    Shion (x2), Alice, Lilly Matah, Feeva, Haido, Keres, Mifune, Shida, Kalon, Johan, Zekuu, Zenia, Gregor, Sonia, Mizo Dorte, Kikuri, Elza, Zeek, Yuura, Kafka

You thought I was kidding when I said "every possible thing that can ever go wrong," didn't you?

2. Emerald1475

Emerald1475 Gleaming God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Alza, Ezra
    Guard frontier strategy with savia nuke works up to cardes.
    Cleria(LS), Shion, savia, elimo, zenia(mitigation sp) and use normal hit up spheres. Use a shion friend with normal hits up sphere.
    Magress: Guard frontier and nuke on turn 8.
    Mifune: SBB nuke
    Atro: 3BB a turn. Have OD full on kill.
    Vargas: Use full OD to shion UBB 75 per cent threshold. Then hero crystal nuke.

3. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    I'm... extremely skeptical just reading that one. I have a bad history with Savia team attempts to the point where I'm starting to fail to see what her appeal is in the first place and that doesn't look to me like one that would even come close to working. Shion is terrible for Sparking, Elimo and Cleria are both weak attackers not even worth hitcount buffing (in fact I'm starting to question why people like Cleria at all; so far she seems to me like a jack of all support trades and master of none), and I fail to see how that SP on Zenia is useful as it only applies to her.

I've just about given up on Savia as an option; whenever I ask people just outright say I don't have the units to make it work (at least 20 have mentioned the lack of Camilla being a problem, among others).

Plus, Magress up to Atro is perfectly fine. Vargas and Avant are the only ones still giving me problems and they all seem to be RNG-induced (I had Elimo ready and Overdriven to deal with Avant's OD; I had already pushed him to 25% and he hadn't used it yet. But then out of nowhere Vargas straight-up RNG-killed her from full HP).

4. Emerald1475

Emerald1475 Gleaming God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Alza, Ezra
    The hit count spheres make up for the units lack of attack power. If you only need to do the last stage you can use a ravea friend with the extra action UBB.

5. Darius Twin

Darius Twin Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer / Alza Masta
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Your units are fine. It looks like you need a good team though. I think I can help you here, as I have mostly the same units and I can beat this with Squad 1.

Phase 1
    Try and not use any item on turn 1. Just get your BB gauge of a mitigator up. LS lock will end at the start of Turn 5.
    Just Nuke as much as you can. Put your target on Silas, then Selena, then Eze. Magress and Felice are jokes.
    Also, if you deal enough damage to Magress within the 4 turn gap he won't LS lock you.

Phase 2
    Mifune - Just SBB everyone. With BB on spark you should be able to kill him on Turn 2 (if he didn't die on turn 1). If you have trouble here, just UBB on turn 1 and use it on turn 2.
    Atro - You can only use 1 BB every 3rd turn starting from Turn 1 against Mifune. Other than that, he's simple since your buffs will stay up.
    Lance - As long as you have status ailment negation and you follow Atro's 3rd turn 1 BB rule, Lance is not a threat.
    The Water unit, I can't remember her name...Just keep your buffs up and she won't hit too hard.

Phase 3
    You will need BB on spark here. It's imperative.
    Vargas - guard anytime he idles.
    Avant - guard anytime he idles.
    If they have damage reflect up, you can still nuke with all your units, but save your healer/mitigator for last. You won't take too much damage provided your mitigator/healer isn't sparking, and everyone stays alive since they only go to 1 HP.

Squad Building:

Firstly:
    Get an Alza Masta friend. If you are having this much trouble with this trial, just keep farming non-friends and the starting quests (3 energy per run) until you come across an Alza Masta. This unit isn't a must have, but will help you leaps and bounds.

Second:
    Your squad:
    Leader: Regil (I use regil as a main leader)
    Friend: Alza Masta (or a damage reducing friend that boosts your BB upon taking damage)

Rest of your team:
    Mora - Amazing BB manager and can heal.
    Silvie - For Nuking
    Mordlim - Survivability + Damage Reduction
    Keres/Shura/Barion/Shion - Nuking, obviously.

Order to use your units in: Friend, Mora, Nukers, Regil
    I set my Auto Battle Timing to 0 ms so they all go at the "same" time. Regil goes last since his Spark Damage Boost is 150%, which is one of the best in the game.

Follow the same squad guideline for squads 2 and 3 and you should be fine.

6. Darius Twin

Darius Twin Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer / Alza Masta
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Try and kill Avant first. He won't have Angel Idol if you don't make Vargas OD.