Vortex Guide Great Fire of Hope! (Guide)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SingSong, Nov 11, 2014.

1. SingSong

SingSong Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Request Me
    Leader:
    Depends on current Meta
    Level:
    Find x | x = 0/0
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FE:Fates, DoTa2, Overwatch, Fate/Grand Order
    The Gumi ninjas have attacked once more and this time, the Leaders of Elgaia have been released in the Vortex Dungeon!
    This guide will teach you what you should be expecting in the dungeon and hopefully help you recruit Reed for your own squads!
    500px-Sp_quest_banner_2_1.png
    Event Duration: 11 November, 01:00 PST ~ 13 November, 00:59 PST

Reed is one of the 6 Leaders you can capture. The others are Rhein, Aneil, Lucana, Nevasky, and Eru. This guide will focus only on Reed's dungeon and i will create guides on the other leader's dungeons as well. These dungeons will NOT be Crit Resistant like Trail of Gods and Estia's dungeon meaning Crit squads and Maxwell Squads will work perfectly fine!

Squad Recommendations:
    Mono Squad:water:
    Bringing along a Mono Water Squad would work perfectly since all of the enemies you encounter will be Fire Element. Bringing Seals and Ores would be recommended for facing Guiding Knight Lvl 6 but Guiding Knight Lvl 5 is not as heavy so you might as well save yourself the Ores and Seals. Using the Ores and Seals in the beginning of the Boss fights would be recommended so they can act as your Att and Def Buffs.

Maxwell/Crit Squads:
    Since this dungeon is not Crit Resistant, bringing Maxwell or Zebra leads would work fine and just attacking him like you would any other boss would work fine. Try to make sure Liza/Graven is not killed if you cant 1 Turn Reed otherwise you'll run into a bit of trouble. Other than this doing the regular routine would be fine which is, Crit Buff, Att Buff, Def Ign Buff, All other BB and SBBs.

Guiding Knight Lvl 5:
    Energy:
    EXP: 4,500
    Battles: 5
    Notable Captures: Sword Emperor Reed, Fire Crystal, Burst Frog, Beast Zegar
    Mini Boss Battle 3:
    Battle 3 is a Mini Boss stage which you can encounter the following:
    :fire:Fire Beast Zegar
    Fire Beast Zegar.png
    * Can be captured

:fire:Goltovah
    Goltovah.png
    * Can be captured

:fire:Fire Crystal, and :fire:Burst Frog
    Burst Frog.png Fire Crystal.png
    * Both can be captured

All 4 of these can be captured at a low rate. The capture rate when you encounter the Fire Crystal and Burst Frog are not 100% so dont be surprised if you cant capture them.

Boss:
    :fire:Pyromancer Liza
    Pyromancer Liza.png
    * Can spam AoE BB Attack "Explosion" as much as 4 times in a single turn
    * Cannot be captured

:fire: Sword Emperor Reed
    Sword Emeror Reed.png
    * Reed can cause Weakness on all attacks
    * Reed's AoE BB attack as a high chance of inflicting Weakness and can be spammed as much as 4 times in a single turn
    * If Liza is defeated before Reed, Reed will activate a Buff which gives him a boost in Att (200%), Def (100%), and Crit (30%). He will use only 1 AoE BB Attack in this turn.
    * Reed can be captured at a low rate (10%)

Recommendation: Take out Reed before moving onto Liza. If you kill Liza first, the battle in become much more difficult since Reed's Att buff is 200%

Guiding Knight Lvl 6:
    Energy: 40
    EXP: 7,800
    Battles: 5
    Notable Captures: Sword Emperor Reed, Fire Crystal, Burst Frog, Beast Zegar
    Mini Boss Battle 3:
    Battle 3 is a Mini Boss stage which you can encounter the following:
    :fire:Fire Beast Zegar
    Fire Beast Zegar.png
    * Can be captured

:fire:Goltovah
    Goltovah.png
    * Can be captured

:fire:Fire Crystal, and :fire:Burst Frog
    Burst Frog.png Fire Crystal.png
    * Both can be captured

All 4 of these can be captured at a low rate. The capture rate when you encounter the Fire Crystal and Burst Frog are not 100% so dont be surprised if you cant capture them.
    Yes this was copied and pasted from Guiding Knight Lvl 5 because the mini boss room is the exact same except Goltovah and Fire Beast Zegar will appear much stronger than in Guiding Knight Lvl 5

Boss:
    :fire:Dragon Graven
    Dragon Graven.png
    Cannot be captured
    * Can spam an AoE BB attack as much as 5 times in a single turn

:fire: Sword God Reed
    Sword God Reed.png
    Reed can cause weakness on all attacks with a high rate
    * Reed can spam his AoE BB attack as much as 7 times in a single turn and will have an extremely high rate of causing weakness on your units
    * If Dragon Graven is defeated, Reed will heal for 99,999HP and then activate a Att (200%), Def (150%), and Crit (50%) Buff and do 1 Massive AoE BB attack on the same turn.
    * High Chance to capture Reed as "Sword Emperor Reed" (25%)

Recommendation: Take out Sword God Reed before taking out Dragon Graven to avoid his Buffs and heal.

I highly recommend capturing Reed since his Leader skill is very unique. His 4* form will increase ALL STATS by 20% (Medulla) if 6 unique elements are active and his 5* Form will boost all stats by 25% (Legwand). If you can run a squad with 6 Unique elements then Reed would be a perfect leader and his BB is quite useful if you dont have a Fire Unit that gradually restores BB (3BC Per Turn)

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me or leave a post on this thread and i'll try to answer them. Keep in mind I'm a busy highschool student so i might not be able to answer your questions in which another forum member will probably answer it for me

@Josh Here is 1/6 of my Leaders of Elgaia guide

Josh likes this.
  2. Jastan

Jastan Moros

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Nice Burny
    Level:
    260+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Too much Brave Frontier
    No need for mono water or crit teams. This team takes him down with ease with a Lily Matah friend. No one even dies. Just don't kill the dragon first.
    image.jpg

3. SingSong

SingSong Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Request Me
    Leader:
    Depends on current Meta
    Level:
    Find x | x = 0/0
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FE:Fates, DoTa2, Overwatch, Fate/Grand Order
    Lol some people dont have Grah or Maxwell which is why i put up Mono Water squads. Also nice Boss squad but care explaining Alyut?

Jastan likes this.
  4. Jastan

Jastan Moros

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Nice Burny
    Level:
    260+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Too much Brave Frontier
    His HOT is boss. He was one of my first summons and EXTREMELY useful for that 2,000 HP heal every 3 turns. Plus he has nice stats. ;)