Guild Overview

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Eleiryn, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    As the more astute among you may have noticed by now, the latest maintenance brought us guilds, with all their glory and all their horror. This is going to be a short(ish) overview of the mechanics and rewards thereof.

The Basics
    Creating a guild costs 150,000 zel. If you nuke that one, any further guilds cost 5 gems, so pick a name you're going to stick with.

You can donate Zel/Karma (75k/25k every 4 hours) to level up Zel, Karma, or (unlocked at level 10) quest XP increases for everyone in the guild - either 10-200% or 5-100% increase to Zel/Karma (ingame description and datamine disagree on this) and 5-100% XP boost.

Doing quests/vortexes/trials gives you 1% of the quest's XP value as guild XP. Arena and raid orbs were initially datamined to give 100xp each, but currently do not - unknown if bug or feature

Guild size starts out at 10 members, but slowly increases with levels, allowing 15 members at level 5, 20 at level 10, so on and so forth up to 50 at level 180.

Rewards
    • Creating or joining a guild before the 20th of July will give you 1 gem, 1000 guild points, 1 all imp arton, 1 burst emperor in inbox
    • Permanent Zel/XP income bonuses as you level up your guild and its boosts
    • Various guild events (Priya posted the event announcement)
    • The Guild Shop allows you to buy a number of things with Guild Points, such as Mecha Gods and a number of other evo mats, Altons, Imps, Vortex Area and Xestia vortex collector's edition units, and unique crafting mats/spheres
    • Jeu'vrr's Heart is a Spark sphere that offers 50% Spark DMG, +1 Hit Count and can be upgraded to offer 100% Spark, +1 Hit, 40% of 50% Spark Critical DMG
    • Dehn's Edge is a Critical sphere that offers 50% Crit DMG, 20% Crit Chance, 25% Chance to Inflict Any Ailment on Crit and can be upgraded to offer 80% Crit DMG, 30% Crit Chance, 35% Chance to Inflict Any Ailment on Crit, 50% ATK Buff when enemy has ailment
    • You get to breathe the same air as Elly(?)

Progression
    Ay, there's the rub - all this talk of +100% permanent bonus XP is cool and all, but what can you actually expect to get in a reasonable timeframe? Let's look at some of the early major breakpoints to see what any of that means.

First of all, let's talk contribution. 161-162 guild XP during double XP for Hour of Disaster / Dragon's Eye (Amu Yunos / Barion quests, generally considered best normal grinding), up to 211-212 with double Zeruiah. For the sake of simplicity, I'm just going to say 211 since I fucking love Amu Yunos, you can adjust up/down a bit if you're running 1 Zeru, 2 Zelnite, 1 Zeru/1Zeln, whatever the fuck you want.

We naturally generate 480 energy a day, which means 19 full runs of either quest (25 energy each)

Thus, we can easily create a simple projection for someone who uses 480 energy a day grinding those quests - 19x211 = 4009 guild XP per day. Each levelup will add energy and thus guild XP - the exact number varies on your energy cap, practically speaking most higher level people will get somewhere around 8-11 more runs per level - I'm gonna use 9 as a semi arbitrary average since that's where I'm sitting. 9 bonus runs is 1899 bonus XP. Depending on your level, you may level up every 1 or 2 days and get a bit more or less. I'm going to assume you level every other day, thus getting +946 bonus guild XP each day on average, or 4955 guild xp/day

Multiply this by 10 members in a beginner guild - 4955x10 = 49550 XP/day to the guild. 15 members means 74,325 xp/day.
    • Level 5 - requires 50,022 cumulative XP - this can be done within 24 hours of creation if everyone gets a levelup, and unlocks 15 guild members
    • Level 10 - requires 291,925 XP - at 15 members this means approximately 4 days of hard work and unlocks a 5% XP boost AND 20 members
    Please note that all of the above numbers assume 2x xp, assume double Zeruiah lead on Hour of Disaster, ignore the existence of super karma dungeon coming in a week or two, and assume that every member of the guild pours 100% of their energy every day into the guild. None of the above are appropriate long-term assumptions; people have to run mech god dungeons, may need multiple tries to beat Karna Masta, or may be gone for a day; on the flip side, 1.5 and 2x xp boosters can be bought from merit shop, super karma dungeon offers a whopping ~262+ base guild XP a run (more with double Zeru) and can easily be chain leveled until somewhere in the 350-360ish range, and even after that only takes 1 gem a level all the way to 999. Additionally, as you slowly level up the guild's XP bonus, your daily average will slowly rise.

As such, making a truly accurate estimate of how long it'll take to hit +100% XP and 50 members (both at guild level 180) is effectively impossible in a real world scenario - but unless you gem INSANELY hard, it will take somewhere in the vicinity of 3 to 9 years as a very rough ballpark depending on what kind of estimates you prefer.

----

Sources: Deathmax's datamine here was used to check required XP totals and info on spheres

Amu Yunos/Barion XP was tested by myself and other guild members

no I don't want to join your guild

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    It seems like we're gaining 1% of XP towards the guild for individual player XP. Hence, 21k experience for running Amu Yunos during double XP gains us 211 XP towards the guild. I think one of our guild members completed a trial and that also counted towards the guild XP. That was a huge chunk (about 1,000 XP?) because he finished Lucius Trial. So wanted to confirm, does Trials also contribute towards guild XP? Seems like it does... but possibly only for the first run where you gain XP. I'd imagine we cannot spam trials over and over again otherwise that'd be a huge exploit for pingu guilds. Also, doesn't seem like Arena Orbs contribute to guild XP. Used several orbs and Guild XP did not change. Haven't tested Raid orbs yet. Just thinking out loud....

3. Priya

Priya The Witch Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Classified
    Leader:
    Shion/Zeru/Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Unison League, Valkyrie Connect,
    Trials do. Tilith EX gave us 1k exp when i cleared it today.

4. Eleiryn

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Yes on all counts. First run of trials tends to give a massive chunk of XP that comes out to be 1+ guild XP especially if you pop an XP booster. Amu Yunos is 211 guild Xp currently, Barion is 212 I think.

Arena/raid orbs don't count - the original datamine suggested they would, but 1.5.0.2 (this patch) removed that - as of yet unknown if it's a bug or if gumi changed their minds or if raid/arena orbs were never supposed to give XP in the first place and it was just a Gumi fuckup that they did in the original data.

All info is contained in first post already.

5. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I guess when 1/2 energy comes, Elgif 7 or 10 will be a hot commodity. Kill 3 birds with one stone. Personal XP gain, elgif farming, and guild XP contributions.

It sucks that Arena/Raid/Colo orbs don't count. It makes sense to me, considering they probably felt like pingu gemming arena orbs was way too easy and fast. They probably wanted to make this more of a marathon for people so quests are more ideal.

There's plenty of QoL upgrades I see already though for the guild menu. First of all, the menu desperately needs to have a "Records" or "Stats" page so that we can see how much each individual player is contributing to guild XP farming. Something like the Records stats page in normal Arena mode. It can show what each event players are farming the most, what quest level they are doing, how many orbs spent, total XP farmed, total CP contributed, etc. Have a main summary detail page where all this info is visible. That way, it raises transparency. As of right now, outside of zel/karma contributions, we actually can't see which members are actually contributing. At least not that I'm aware of.

Eleiryn likes this.
  6. JoansGuardian

JoansGuardian Dionysus

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark, Zeruiah, Regil
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Is it me or aren't request working right now? My friend is trying to join my Guild but I'm not getting any messages.

7. SingSong

SingSong Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Request Me
    Leader:
    Depends on current Meta
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    FE:Echo, DoTa2, Overwatch, Fate/Grand Order
    Empyrean exclusive.

Also we occasionally share the same bathwater :p

Try restarting the app. It happens with friend requests too

Priya and Eleiryn like this.
  8. mturf

mturf Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark (crit/ele), zeru, ???/avant. Thunder/axe.
    Level:
    700 +vat
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Air guitar.
    Too...tired...
    Can't...figure out what how work guilds do have....because...
    That redhead...:oops:

Eleiryn likes this.
  9. Haeabi

Haeabi Doombearer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark Omni
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I couldn't find the gift (due to joining guild) in the present box? Or gumi have not distributed it yet?

10. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Archgod

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite(omni), Hisui, Ark
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Anyone else experiencing difficulties with accepting Guild join requests? I only have the option to reject on mine

11. Eleiryn

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    I think people who applied for your guild and got accepted to another show up as that - not 100% sure.

12. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Archgod

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite(omni), Hisui, Ark
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Oh okay, that makes sense. It would be nice for it to be auto rejected once that happens though hahah

13. HeroOfLightPKN

HeroOfLightPKN Phoebus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Retired
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I would like to give a warning to those that are on a more limited gem income then others

There doesn't yet seem to be a confirmation about using gems when applying karma/Zel to buffs.

Seems pretty easy to accidentally use them, might want to be careful

14. anjar27

anjar27 Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, zeru, Gabriella
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFBE: ign AnW
    Quick question, i've made a guild to get the free gifts (Contribute some zel and karma in the process and levelling my guild), since i'm not interested becoming guild master and enhance my own guild, i want to join other guild and disbanding existing guild. Will i lose existing CP?