Guild Raid Team?

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Lux-Erebus Games, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    I understand GR is going through a few changes, but I could still do with some general advice on what kind of squad to take to it. I've done two of the three seasons; my first team did an okay amount of damage to Guardians but also crumbled fairly quickly if something went wrong. My more recent one had enough durability to pass turn 100 multiple times against said Guardians, but the damage output was downright pathetic even by my standards in exchange.

...And it doesn't help that I'm in a lazy guild. Last season, half of them literally NEVER moved once. So I need a good mix of both durability and damage here.

For obvious reasons, I'm not listing any units I have that aren't currently in their OE stage.

:fire: Sol, Vargas, Avant, Shura, Lyonesse, Ciara, Azurai, Kulyuk, Adriesta

:water: Vikki, Cotton, Selena, Elimo, Melord, Holia, Ilm, Savia, Vern, Azami, Stein, Mariela, Charlotte

:earth: Lance, Zelnite, Quaid, Felice, Hisui, Rozalia, Mariletta

:thunder: Lid, Ky, Eze, Fizz, Viktor, Silas, Rayla, Eleanor

:light: Elphelt, Atro, Ark, Lara, Izuna, Zekt, Lauda, Regil, Gabriela, Zellha, Garrel, Agress, Janice

:dark: Haido, Magress, Feeva, Mifune, Kalon, Johan, Zekuu, Zenia

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    With the disclaimer that I don't know what changes, if any, are being made to Guild Raid, at a glance maybe something like:

:light:Regil (Lead) + :water:Ilm, :water:Savia, :light:Gabriela, :light:Zellha
    - this assumes Savia for ailment removal, Regil with burst heal, Gabriela maybe with HoT, Zellha with crit.
    - this includes Holia for the safety net UBB, but in past seasons if you have enough move points it was generally preferable to run every few turns then come back - the angel idol UBB would only be relevant in situations where you need to engage with just enough movement points to get there and fight, with little buffer.

:light:Regil (Lead) + :earth:Felice, :water:Holia, :earth:Hisui, :light:Zellha
    - similar, except Hisui for ailment removal, Holia for heals and the angel idol.

There's probably alternatives you can put together, but in doing this I was trying to deliberately cover as many bases as possible.

3. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Natsu / Lucius / Shion (a bit fluid though)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    I'd say those look like solid teams. And I think the AI blanket UBB will be more relevant now, since you can no longer run from battle. You have to stick it out to the end (my guess would be it'd be best to do a coordinated attack and try to everyone take the boss down before it gets too heavy hitting to handle).

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Yeah, just read about that. Good point here, as @Arvandor says you'll probably definitely want the Holia or Gabriela for angel idol in this context.

I'm probably going to personally make a new secondary squad very similar to the Regil+Gabriela setup described here due to this.

5. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    I'm running a Regil/Ionia/Rain/Gabriela/Ark team and a mono-water Galea/Holia/Stein/Zeleste/Zalts team. We'll see how that goes. This is my first GR, and if Gumi can get their act together before I give up and go to bed, we'll see how it goes. I also forgot to switch which crit/ele null Ark was using (WAS running him with Hisui, who has ele null, so now I don't have ele null in party, ugh), so yeah, could be bad if I find a dark guardian or something.

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    I missed joining this round because derp, but my own primary (from last season) is a mono water with Galea + Ilm, Vikki, Holia, Mariela... but it's just as well as it gives me a bit of time to rethink based on what people are saying about this round. I'm not fully decided how to rejig my Regil squad. It'd be nice to go mono light (and take the mono light SP buffs on Regil) but I don't see a perfect way to get all my wish-list of buffs in. I'm also toying with the viability of trying Shion UBB spam in Guild Raid - I'd previously written this off because I think there are buff wipes, plus it didn't seem efficient/necessary, but with current difficulty maybe it's worth re-thinking that.

7. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    Well, Savia's at 100 SP; Zellha's next now. If I hurry I can have her done before the next round starts XD

8. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    [​IMG]
    Well, this idea has been an absolute misfire so far. Btw, this is from my THIRD battle with this boss and it was at 97% when I found it (and I was doing like 20% in less than 10 turns to the non-boss ones; seriously, am I up against one of the top 10 or what?). Of course, maybe this would help a tad more if, oh, I don't know... more than THREE of the people who signed up had even moved by now?

9. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    The bosses are just tough and require teamwork now. My versatile Regil team can only go about 40 turns against them (and it's hard to tell how much damage I'm personally doing, probably not more than like 5%-10% or so in those 40 turns it feels like), and my mono-water went a good 76 turns against a fire guardian, and did a pretty significant chunk of damage (enough to earn 365k contrib points), but yeah, the guardians are TOUGH now. All of the hp.

10. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    Good luck; most of them haven't moved. All the work is being done by about three or four people including me and they're almost never on at the same time.

I've had enough; I give up. No "reward" is worth this garbage.

11. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    Eh, it's about the same for me. We only have like 4 people who can do anything meaningful to bosses, and the other handful just act as scouts. We lost our first round, and are winning this one (very inactive guild), but most importantly, I'm having fun =) I thoroughly enjoy beating on the bosses (futile though it feels sometimes) and trying to get as many points as I can. Win or lose.