Help building a campaign and low tier world squad(s)

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by NovaSeris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. NovaSeris

NovaSeris Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Destruction Kalon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Heyo, so what I'm asking for is a bit of help when it comes to build an all around Quest story and low tier grand gaia quest squad. My units will be listed in order of element and rarity with they typing in (___). Please note that if any of my low tier units have better higher tiers then let me know and I can upgrade them quite quickly.

Fire:
    5* Adel(Guardian), 6* Rineth(Lord), 7* Limera(Guardian), 7* Malef(Guardian), OE Ciara(Lord)

Water:
    5* Karl(Lord), 7* Azami(Lord), 7* Vern(Oracle), 7* Stein(Breaker), 7* Charlotte(Lord)

Earth:
    6* Bayley(Anima), 7* Gryas(Guardian), 7* Hisui(Oracle), 7* Duran(Guardian), OE Lance(Anima)

Thunder:
    7* Silas(Guardian)

Light:
    5* Alyut(Lord), 6* Maxwell(Lord), 7* Sefia(Guardian), 7* Agress(Anima) OE Izuna(Guardian)

Dark:
    5* Grahdens(Lord), 5* Eclise(Guardian), 7* Haido(Lord), 7* Zekuu(Oracle), OE Kalon(breaker)

I did read through the FAQ and squad building basics so I understand it all a bit.

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    There's no 'grand gaia quest', do you mean grand quest (GQ) or grand gaia chronicles (GGC)?

There aren't any standard GQ builds since GQ requirements vary greatly, but generally where possible you can use a standard raid/quest or trial/GGC setup.

Your units with max Omni Evo are Adel, Malef, Ciara, Azami, Vern, Charlotte, Stein, Gyras, Hisui, Lance, Silas, Agress, Izuna, Maxwell, Zekuu, Kalon, Haido

However, Charlotte and Haido require event materials (FFBE collab and Christmas) to evolve. Which you know, obviously. If you didn't farm the evo mats during those events... For Charlotte this doesn't matter as you own superior units who do her job. For Haido...it does matter, as you don't own many healer units.

Did you farm Haido's evo mats?

Maxwell technically has Omni coming in future, but you need to beat a second, very very hard, trial to get the evo. Adel Omni isn't available on Global yet.

RAID/QUEST
    :water:Vern (or Izuna, Lead) + :earth:Hisui, :light:Agress (or Malef), :dark:Haido (or Eclise), (last slot depends - Ciara, Azami, Silas, Kalon, see below)

- Vern or Izuna for spark dmg buff, Vern recommended as she can also be SP'd for BB fill when spark and you have no other Omni who does this.
    - Hisui probably needs to be SP'd for mitigation (50% damage reduction buff) and probably also status cleanse. Stein, Adel and Charlotte are alternative mitigators, but Hisui is also your only unit with def stack besides Silas (Hisui does basic def buff as well). May need to SP for status ailment cleanse.
    - Agress or Malef for BB fill when squad is damaged, Malef can also be SP'd for ailment inflict or elements.
    - Haido or Eclise for healing, Eclise is max 7* but if you don't have Haido mats he's stuck at 7* as well.
    - last slot depends, either Ciara for elements or Azami for ailments. If Malef is SP'd for elements take Azami, if Malef is SP'd for ailments take Ciara, if you chose Agress, uh...take either for quest, but definitely take Azami for raid. Silas is also a possibility for quest but not for raid, as crit is good in quest but not in raid.
    - Kalon is possible as well, I guess.

TRIAL/GGC
    - same build, except switch to :earth:Hisui as squad lead instead. You want his tanky lead skill.

You didn't ask for Frontier Hunter and Arena/Colo builds, but just FYI, for FH and other stuff which can be crit killed, take Silas lead with Vern in squad. For Arena, take Zekuu lead with Izuna in squad.

Lance and Gyras aren't mentioned here; Lance is not bad but likely not essential considering your other units. Gyras is not recommended unless in a mono earth build, and you likely aren't doing mono earth.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  3. NovaSeris

NovaSeris Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Destruction Kalon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Thank you, you gave a breakdown and made it understandable. I do have a question would the team suffer if I added Izuna as my 5th? or is that not a good idea and yes I meant GQ its been a while since I played and i have only been back into it since September

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    If you do something like Vern, Hisui, Agress/Malef, Haido/Eclise and Izuna, with Izuna in the fifth slot? It's possible, most people wouldn't do it, but it's possible. The chief issue is that Vern and Izuna overlap for the spark dmg buff role... though admittedly that's just one area of overlap, and while we try to avoid redundancy in squad building, having a couple of units do the same thing isn't THAT big a deal. Units have so many buffs anyway, so it happens.

The thing with Vern is that she can't take max spark dmg buff value (60 SP) and also BB fill when spark (50 SP) in the same build - her SP costs for that are expensive. A squad should ideally have both a max spark dmg buff from someone, and a BB fill when spark from someone.

So... it is possible to eventually plan on taking BB fill when spark SP on Omni Vern, plan on taking max spark dmg buff SP on Omni Izuna... and then have Izuna go after Vern to overwrite Vern's weaker spark dmg buff with Izuna's stronger one. Due to the way spark dmg buff works, Vern herself will still benefit from Izuna's higher value overwriting hers, if Vern still has remaining hits on her animation when Izuna moves. So you can justify it from that perspective.

The question is whether this is a worthwhile tradeoff. Beyond the spark dmg buff, what does Izuna do? She has atk buff relative to HP, but the point of atk buff relative to HP is to combo with the plain vanilla atk buff for a net high atk value - the atk buff relative to HP by itself is not that strong. Without Ciara/Kalon/Silas in the squad there is no basic atk buff available.

Izuna also can do status ailment cleanse, but you can get this from Hisui/Haido/Eclise.

Izuna is a fairly good stat debuffer, but while stat debuffs are pretty good in hard boss fights, they are ultimately optional (and definitely not needed for easier/lower content). If you want the debuffs in your squad 24/7 you can certainly do that, it just won't make a difference if you're grinding ordinary content.

Izuna is also a fairly good arena/colosseum unit, as her ES at Omni grants chance of KO resistance (angel idol). But that's... arena stuff, you might not care so much about that in regular gameplay.

As such, relatively speaking you may be better off taking Ciara/Kalon/Silas in the last slot rather than Izuna, as all three of those choices would offer a straightforward range of damage-increasing buffs - you'd probably get more final damage from taking one of those three than Izuna.

Chances are many people would simply settle for either a) taking Vern alone, SP'd for BB fill when spark, and simply accept the lower spark dmg buff value Vern provides, or b) taking Izuna alone, with no Vern in squad, and accepting that the squad will have lower BB gauge generation by current standards (you'd still have Agress/Malef offering some BB gauge fill buffs, but most players would try to take BB fill when spark if possible).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  5. NovaSeris

NovaSeris Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Destruction Kalon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    I spent some money today and got some new units and id like your input on them

first is 7* Rozalia (earth)

I also got 5* Pamela (thunder)

5* iris (water)

and finally i got 5* Chrome(dark) and 5* Kafka( dark) whats your opnion on them?

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    :earth:Rozalia is a good summon for you, because she's a healer with max Omni form. She should therefore be used instead of Haido or Eclise. At Omni, Rozalia can also be SP'd for BB fill when squad is damaged, which would allow you to also take out Agress/Malef from squad and free up another slot for something else.

Rozalia also has a very good lead skill for harder boss fights. If you're fighting a fire, earth, water or thunder element boss, it would be better to use Rozalia lead rather than Hisui lead. However, if the boss is light or dark element, you can consider going back to Hisui lead.

Rozalia overlaps with Vern and Izuna for spark damage buff - there is probably no real problem with this, just pointing it out.

:thunder:Pamela is a max 7* unit, but she is a very unusual case. She's considered highly valuable... at 5*. She has very good survival buffs at 5* evo, and this matters because Summoner Mode (the third quest arc of the game) locks you to use of max 5* units at first. So hang on to that Pamela for Summoner Mode.

Iris, Chrome and Kafka are max 7*, probably no point investing in them unless they get announced for Omni upgrade - you have better units for their roles at the moment.

7. NovaSeris

NovaSeris Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Destruction Kalon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    So, since the last reply on this thread I have gotten new units and I would like your opinion on them and how they would fit into what you told me.
    Starting with fire units I have; 7* Rengaku (breaker) 7* Kulyuk (breaker)

Water: no new water units

Earth: 5* Dion (lord) 5* Estelle (breaker) 7* Felice (lord)

Thunder: 5* Balgran (breaker) 5* Lafiel (anima) 7* Rayla (lord)

Light: 5* Charla (lord) 7* Janice (oracle)

Dark: 7* Johan (oracle)

I have a fair bit of evolution units so I can evolve some units to their highest levels if I need to

8. NovaSeris

NovaSeris Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Destruction Kalon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Do I need to make a new thread?

9. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    RAID/QUEST
    :water:Vern (or Izuna, Rayla, Lead) + :earth:Hisui, :earth:Felice (or Agress/Malef), :earth:Rozalia, (last slot depends - Ciara/Azami/Silas/Kalon/Rayla/Rengaku)

- if Felice is in squad, don't need BB fill when spark SP on Vern. Take spark dmg buff boost instead.
    - if Izuna/Rayla is lead, definitely use Felice.
    - Rayla LS is viable as Rozalia provides spark dmg buff for squad. Kalon LS may work as well.

TRIAL/GGC
    - same build, except switch to :earth:Hisui or :earth:Rozalia as squad lead instead.

:light:Janice
    is also a good pull for colosseum/arena squad lead.

10. NovaSeris

NovaSeris Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Destruction Kalon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    If I wanted to build a Nuke squad what would I choose?

11. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    :fire:Avant. A quality nuke squad needs a better crit dmg skill, and it also needs a crit dmg UBB. Avant provides both.

: Squad