Help building a offensive squad

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Shinzu, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Shinzu

Shinzu Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sacred Emperor Sirius
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    I'm hoping to build a balanced (yet slightly offensive focused) squad for questing and arena. Any advice? At the moment, I use :light: Krantz as lead, :fire: Avant, :water: Tridon, :earth: Andaria and :dark: Charis. I tried using a damage calculator and found that I can get much better damage with other units... However, for some reason when I tested my new teams out I found that my original always worked best... So at the moment I have no idea how to improve it. My units are:

:fire:
    Inferno Rifle Bestie
    Ardent Dawn Avant
    Drake Angel Aisha
    Wildfire Lotus Michele
    Bordebegia
    Defiant God Luther
    Fire Goddess Ulkina
    Milcham Nova Arus
    Phosphor Crystal Rineth
    Perdition Goddess Lucia

:water:
    Neptunian Tridon
    Leviathan Sage Elimo
    Boreal Courage Karl
    Axe God Mariudeth
    Pirate Goddess Eve
    Icicle Mirror Lune

:earth:
    Ruinous Andaria
    Legendary Thief Zelnite
    Deity Ruler Lucca
    Rita (6 Star)
    Gaia Sennin Oguro
    Quatre Marinus Duran
    Malachite Pike Drevas

:thunder:
    Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Crusher God Uda
    Lightning Gun Rowgen
    Roaring Crash Balgran
    Roaring Staff Rhoa
    Double Voltage Julius

:light:
    Virtuous Champion Krantz
    Deemo and the Girl (6 Star)
    Frolic Emperor Kira
    Turbo Wings Nemethgear
    Captain Yuuri
    Inferno Sirius

:dark:
    Soul Covenant Charis
    Black Emperor Bahvel
    God Eater Lira
    Effulgent Dusk Grahdens
    Phantom Victor Zephyr
    Marzanna Reaper Elza
    Shadow Assailant Kuda
    Blade Master Zergel
    Grave Carver Aaron
    Hellion Armor Reis
    Sacred Kinnara Febros
    Dark Deemo and the Girl (6 Star)

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Okay, what we need to do is to make sure you have equal weight on either end of the squad, and then make sure they're slightly racist or something so---

Wait, that's not what balanced and offensive mean. Right. Okay.

Right, so let's look at your squad. I wanna make something clear here, this is not bad. Don't get the wrong idea, 'cause I'm gonna spend the next few paragraph poking holes in your unit choices. It's not BAD.

But.

First of all, Krantz lead skill is not a good choice if you want damage. Simple as that. I mean, yeah, it adds some damage, but atk stat buff on lead skill isn't actually a significant boost to squad damage. If you want to actually do damage, you're really looking for a lead with crit, spark, BB atk or whatever. The only time you might want an atk focused lead is if you're using normal hit increase, and then using normal attacks rather than BBs and SBBs.

Now, you've got Charis on your squad, and Charis does normal hit increase. If you're attacking with normals, then... yeah, this is fine, really, this works. If you're NOT using normals, then really you're... kinda missing the point.

Problem with this is, squad isn't even purely atk focused, in the sense that, well, if you're doing normal spam then Avant's BB atk isn't doing much, since, well, it's BB atk. But if you're using BBs and SBBs, then Charis isn't really doing much in the build - and I think you're also dealing with an atk stack clash between Avant and Charis anyway.

You have no spark damage buff here. That's... problematic, spark damage buff matters and is a thing you want. Now, if you're getting that from friends, like an Omni Eze, a Vern, Zero, Ensa-Taya, then fine, that's okay. If you're not, then, well, you want spark effects.

Last, you have access to barrier - 7* Grahdens, for example - and barrier's much better than Tridon's shield. Shield also fucks up barrier if you cast them together. It's a significant enough thing that I strongly recommend that Tridon not be used at all if a player has access to barrier, or even barrier friends.

:thunder:Eze, :light:Sirius (Either Lead) + :light:Krantz, :dark:Kuda (or Avant), (choice of last slot)
    -
    Eze for spark, Sirius for BB atk, BB on spark, tristat buff. Either for lead skill that does way more damage than Krantz's.
    - Krantz for mitigator, because you don't really have many other choices for this slot.
    - Kuda gets his crit buffs out on SBB while Avant doesn't - Avant needs to cast BB for those, his SBB's actually rather redundant in most squad setups. You may wish to consider Omni Avant when that arrives, but don't feel that you necessarily need to use him.
    - Last slot... eh, whatever you want really, Arus if you need single target focus fire for raids, Febros if you want additional def based on atk, maybe Zelnite or Andaria if you want BB fill when squad is damaged, with Andaria also bringing status null. Or Drevas if you need negative status inflict for raid, Grahdens if you want his barrier... you have options.

Lastly, your forum profile says you're 'European' server, but this is clearly a Global server unit list. You may wish to change that to avoid confusing other players. It may affect responses that you receive on the forums.

3. Shinzu

Shinzu Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sacred Emperor Sirius
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Lol... I should of saw that coming.

No worries. All your insight actually helped me quite a bit, so thanks for all the analysis!

Funny... I was always sitting on Sirius and never realised that he was good enough to get a spot as a leader. Now I'm just pondering whether I want Eze or Sirius in that lead position... I always thought that %Atk was massive (so in the past I would of instantly gone for Eze as my lead)... But I think the combination of Spark dmg and BB dmg makes me want to go for Sirius more.

Thanks for spotting that! I haven't been on the forums for a while and that was back when I was convinced I was on the European server.

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Both Sirius and Eze have Omni evo. Sirius lead skill is better for damage output than Eze lead skill - hands down, no question. If damage is the only consideration, then Sirius all the way - you want that sweet BB atk bonus rather than plain old atk stat.

However, Eze lead skill does give additional BB gauge generation via BB on spark, while Sirius lead lacks this.

However, that additional BB gauge fill may or may not be necessary, it depends on what you're fighting - plenty of people simply use Sirius lead (or something similar like Ensa-Taya), and depend on BB/SBB buff effects for gauge refill, such as Sirius' own BB fill when squad sparks. It's just that, well, if you use Eze lead you get the Eze lead skill version of this, AND Sirius BB/SBB version of it.

It should be noted that even if you go Sirius lead, and Eze is not your own lead, you may want Eze friend, which gets you a copy of Eze's lead skill anyway. Why do that? Well, two Eze in a squad, own and friend, that way you get good sparking. Perfect sparks if you line 'em up right. 'course, double Eze lead skills work as well, since obviously they are both thunder and get a little bit more stats from the lead skill.

Personally I'd go with Sirius, but it's your call.