Help with a colosseum team

Discussion in 'PVP Modes' started by Arvandor, May 19, 2017.

1. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Natsu / Lucius / Shion (a bit fluid though)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    I'm really thinking of just using a Milla or Zekuu lead with the only 4 units I own that have built in AI effects. Azurai, Asto, Beiorg, and Izuna. Would there be a better alternative to this, or key units I should use for offense/defense? Particularly for defense lead? I own

:fire: Kulyuk, Malef, Azurai, Ciara, Adel, Avant, Rugahr, Barion, Sol :water: Stein, Melord, Holia, Asto, Galea, Vern, Savia, Hugh, Azalea :earth: Daze, Rozalia, Mariletta, Felice, Mordlim, Dizzy :thunder: Silas, Fizz, Viktor, Ewan, Rayla, Beiorg :light: Regil, Diastima, Sirius, Izuna, Lauda, Garrel, Mora, Krantz, Ky, Millia :dark: Zeek, Kalon, Elza, Johan, Gregor, Sonia, Zekuu, Feeva

While playing around with the resummon, I pulled a few more PvP units, and feel like I'm much closer to being able to form a couple good teams. I got...

Glenn (seems even better than Zekuu?), Lanza (seems like a beast def lead), Janice (potential def lead? seems RNG-y though), and Zalvard.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    Well, without much help from the forums, I think I've come up with the Colo team I'm going to work on, just not sure on the final slot on defensive team. Plan to run

Zekuu(L) / Azurai / Glenn / Gabriela / Zalvard
    then, on defensive I'll be setting Zalvard to lead, and be swapping Zekuu for... Asto or Lanza? Which would be better? I'm leaning towards Asto for that extra 10% AI chance, but I don't know, maybe Lanza's BB/SBB are more useful? But that extra BB when hit Asto gets from his extra skill could prove useful as well, if he survives to make use of it.

3. Lord Crowley

Lord Crowley Stareater

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Baro, Azurai
    Level:
    370+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Offensive

Lead - Glenn (with LS enhancements)
    Azurai
    zekku
    Asto
    Fizz

Defensive

Lead - Lanza (with LS enhancements) or Zalvard. Zalvard gives less BC when hit but has the 20% (25% with enhancement) AI
    Azurai
    Asto
    Zalvard or Gabriela if u choose to use Zalvard Lead
    Fizz

If possible have Azurais Second angel idol chance and AoE normal attack enhancements
    Fizz is there for her Angel Idol and also the fact she gives extra hit count and AoE normal attack on BB/SBB (have her attack earlier than some others incase no one else decides to BB and u get AoE normal attack)
    Lanza or Zalvard is up to you, personally I wouldn't rely on Zalvard's LS angel idol chance and go with lanza's 6-10 BC on hit
    If you go with Zalvard lead then you could possible put in Zekku on defensive if u wanna risk that LS AI. possibly give Zekku Thunder Pearl and Karzns sphere so he gets a chance to survive longer than 1 turn AND deal some good damage in return
    And Glenn with his LS enhancements can prove to be pretty useful in offensive Colo (40% AoE normal attack chance with only a 30% damage penalty)

Anyway I hope this helps you out...

4. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    That does help, but everything my guildmates have told me (and much of what I've read) is that Zekuu is a better offensive lead than Glenn.
    Is Fizz's under 20% AI affect party-wide then? It's worded kind of ambiguously. That would be kind of nice though, since I already have Fizz trained up (she was my first Omni, was amazing for questing early on because of BC fill, and carried me loss free through the arena for a LOONG time).

5. Lord Crowley

Lord Crowley Stareater

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Baro, Azurai
    Level:
    370+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Yeah I understand, the way I figured it would play out with Glenn lead is on first turn have Zekku with massive attack have a better chance to do AoE normal attack and wipe out the units that rely on 20% AI and whatever units survive rely on Azurai, Asto and Fizz finish them off within the next 2 to 3 turns surviving with their own AI to outlast the other team and beat them before they beat you. but probably not rely on zekku and glenn lasting too long lacking AI... Thunder pearl on Zekku would be helpful to survive the 1st turn, then he could use his BB on 2nd turn again nuking them... if the AoE normal attack works with more than just zekku, that would produce a lot of BC so you will have all your BB ready for turn 2.

6. BruhMan

BruhMan Warlord

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Jack-0 / Millia / Sirius /
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    ok lets see if I can help someone out for a change. hopefully you can dig this squad im gonna try to set you up with. Im by no way a pro or anything at this game, so take my advice with a grain of salt if you will...Im only picking units based on my experience with them/ as a team.

colo--- offense : (( lead -- millia )) -- rest --> my man zekuu / izuna (pref get a mifune) / gabirella / zalvard or lanza

for me the mil lead with a tricked out mifune.zekuu and sometimes Ill put 1 other real nice dps in there work out EXCEPTIONALLY for me. few ways to sp them but with mil lead frees up more sp for zekuu / gabi sp for thhe heal/3 and heal . not too familiar with zal and lanza but just started using them myself. both seem pretty solid compared to others ive tried both good in own ways.

Def -- Lanza lead --- rest-->zalvard / asto / izuna / gabi or mill / zek

Work in progress for my team as well slightly diff but few of the same core ideas/units .... lanza has proven to be a GREAT def lead for me (was using ilm before ) and zal is also new unit for me/my team but seems to have a solid place in my squad after testing. for the last unit id probably reccoment gabi spd with the 2x heals but can be situational.

hopefully you like or will have some fun with this. people sleep on that milli lead - zekuu - mifune on offense, been doing GREAT for me ( plus its DOPE to see the WHOLE team get REKT your 1st turn on offense, AI or not = rekt xD )

tell me if ya like/whatcha think
    happy hunting

B

7. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    Oh man, I'd forgotten about this thread. It's pretty old and I've come so far haha! The Colo team I ended up training and running, which is currently sitting at about 50% win rate (yay RNG!) is
    Offensive: :dark:Zekuu(L) :water:Asto :light:Gabriela :water:Ilm :fire:Azurai
    Defensive: :dark:Zalvard(L) :water:Asto :light:Gabriela :water:Ilm :fire:Azurai

I played around with using Zevalhua instead of Asto for a while, but it was less consistent, as a lot of people run fully status immune teams, or like Selena or something. Also had Glenn in there for a while before I finally pulled and trained up Ilm, but this is what I've been rocking lately. And for arena I've been using Glenn(L)/Zekuu/Ilm/Gabriela/Azurai