Hi! I've been gone for a while and I could really use some help.

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Thrill, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Thrill

Thrill Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lux Halcyon Atro
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Halo
    Hi everyone, it's been a while and I finally decided to jump back into Brave Frontier and I'm so happy to be back! I just need a little help setting up and upgrading my squad. So here's a list of the units I have and I would love some input on the various squads I should set up according to these units. Also, which units should I upgrade and invest in or should I clean house and get rid of some of these? I'm level 167 with 238 Cost. This is my first ever post, so I'm a bit of a noob. I can provide any other information that you might need. Thank you so much!

7*'s
    Tridon
    Vermilion
    Rhoa
    Aurelia
    Kafka
    Ivris
    Kikuri
    Elimo
    Savia
    Melchio
    Krantz

6*'s
    Griff
    Lucia
    Kagura
    Elza
    Semira
    Kuda
    Nick
    Eva
    Fiora
    Darvanshel
    Lira
    Tia
    Ulkina
    Luther
    Matah
    Maxwell
    Priscilla
    Grybe
    Uda
    Rigness
    Zelban
    Oulu
    Hogar

5*'s
    Inferno Sareas
    Julius
    Kanon
    Balgran
    Mahalu
    Grahdens
    Noah
    Lune
    Owen
    Fadah
    Sixgear
    Carrol
    Themis
    Lucca
    Yuuri
    Evil Kajah

4*'s
    Phoenix Knight Arus
    Zellha
    Cottontail Carrol

Update: Vargas and Lance are the starters that I have. I also just got Atro

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    Darvanshell and krantz are both good place to start with as they are both great mitigators . Personally as far as ease to use Darvanshell is good but krantz is also getting an Omni evolve soonish.
    If you can manage the trial Owen's 7 star has LOADS of damage buffs (attack. Def. Convert Def to attack. Boosted damage against status inflicted foes with his sphere equipped) but that could be hard to do with your units.
    Next part is hard cause I'm not seeing (from skimming the list) any bc on spark or bc when hit which are all but necessary with how high bc drop resistance is getting. You have Matta but she doesn't have a 7 star..... Vermillion has bc when hit on her leader but no raw stats.....
    I highly recommend pulling for Eze /atro starters as they have probably the best Omni evolution (imo) for starters. Atro gets attack /def/rec all in 1 as well as bb fill rate (like ares but in buff form) and overdrive fill rate buff. Eze has great spark buff when upgraded and bc on spark leader skill. Both have very usable leader skills (no longer only good in mono element but still stronger for mono element) atro can be speced for burst heal, status cleanse, and bc when hit (not all at once but all are options to mix and match)

O

3. Thrill

Thrill Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lux Halcyon Atro
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Halo
    Thanks so much for the reply! I'll start pulling for eze/atro. What do I do when I get one of them? I'm not sure I have the best supporting units with these leads.

4. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    weird, half of post got cut off.......

heres rest of what i was gonna say

otherwise just build your squad the best you can with 7 star potential units,

for status cleanse you have Kannon, Aurelia, Melchio, and semira, all very good status prevention (and or cleanse) units particularly if you are using krantz instead of darv, if you have trouble surviving consider taking elimo as a second mitigrator/healer. Tridon isnt the best unit cause of his high bb cost, but he provides a LOT of useful things (his shiield buff is like free health, HoT, BC/HC buff on SBB)

While i think atro and eze are the best Selina has good HoT as well as one of the few units with the newer buff that has a chance to heal a % of the damage you took back which isnt amazing but every little bit helps.

out of your infinite SBBers i think Arus is your best bet. He has a % remaining health scaling (more HP, hits harder) as well as filling 10BC to everyone else while maxing his own, thats a MINIMUM of 50 bc spread over rest of party every turn while he will always have max (assuming he doesnt get bb wiped), imo cant ask for more from an SBB.

so imo squad to build if you level up what you have/farm honor for trying to pull atro/eze......

Atro/Eze Lead
    Krantz
    status prevention of choice
    Tridon or whatever lead you didnt use above
    Arus

the infinite SBB isnt mandatory but particularly 7 star arus can be nice at least until you can pull newer units

as for newer units, ones to shout for praise if you pull imo

Vern, Silas (spark and crit buffers respectively) Azurai (tribuff, crit and BB damage buff, stat heavy) Nyami (high damage queen, nyami is best girl) Allanon (heals, status prevention/cleanse, extra defense from elements and all element buff for your attacks)

5. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    For them as leads, only use them as omni evolved, which could be difficult but with a good friend unit you shouldnt have too much problems, its very expensive to get them (evo costs) and in order to use the new omni mechanic SP (once you are 10/10 SBB and max lvl you get 10 SP, and have a random chance to get 1 more up to 100 per unit fused , you cash them in (mix and match up to the 100 max for extra buffs, or modifications to unit, takes 3 gems to re spend points so choose carefully and check your point totals before you commit to a build) IMO for atro get burst heal and the BC when hit buff added to his bb/SBB, for eze, get the increased spark buff power for his BB/SBB and then for the rest make him selfish and buff his stats/spark/crit damage in whatever what you like best, turn him into a nuker with a great spark buff

6. Thrill

Thrill Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lux Halcyon Atro
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Halo
    Wow, awesome! I really appreciate all the info. Definitely going to start pulling for atro/eze lead.

7. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    Correction. Forgot atro when hit hey bb buff cost 50 to learn and 10 to upgrade. Not 40+10. Modify build to

Bb when hit on bb/sbb (50) upgrade bb when hit (10), upgrade ares buff (40) for 100 total. Krants has burst heal so you should be OK.

Thrill likes this.
  8. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    Oh and Sirius is good. Tri buff like atro. Bb dmg. Bb on spark. Getting an Omni next week

9. Thrill

Thrill Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lux Halcyon Atro
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Halo
    I just got myself an Atro haha. I will definitely build her up and check out the squad you suggested. Thanks again!

10. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    Fun fact. Despite appearance atro is male. Slightly easier to see in Omni evolve but I thought it was a she for a long time too

11. Thrill

Thrill Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lux Halcyon Atro
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Halo
    Whoops. Thanks for the clarification haha. I've got another question, how could Atro fit into a colosseum team? Or should I just avoid that? Jeez, omni evo costs so much. I wasted so much karma upgrading my town. Huge mistake.

12. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    Yea no colosseum is pretty much only ppl with mine all the units. Basically you are either a unit with an extra skill to deny death (like free angel idol of you are put below 20% or %chance to just not die) or a unit with all damage in 1 hit to avoid the low health angel idol by killing in 1 hit (like mifune Omni evolve next week)

13. Thrill

Thrill Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lux Halcyon Atro
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Halo
    Got my omni atro this morning, just wanted to say thanks again for all the advice. Got another question, what type of Spheres should I look to putting on him?

14. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    For atro his ggc sphere to activate his extra skill and whatever you think is necessary after that for second. If you had him running cleanse like I do now I'd use a status immunity sphere for second bit as bb when hit..... Whatever you want really

15. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    For MOST characters of they have a specific sphere for extra skill use our. A few have such poor spheres you just want a beefy one (like biorg if you can make it). Like Nyami, honestly just as much spark and raw stats as you can manage because both her sphere and extra skill are meh. Not bad just meh. And since her sbb has 100% spark chance on single target that you want to crank up her spark damage as it will always happen. That is why Nyami is such a great nuker.

As for your squad just remember. For most hard content critical damage is 100% resisted do don't try to force a useless buff in party. If unit provides other uses great. Spark is mostly not resisted and is based on unit timing not luck so more often than not it is better. Elemental damage boost is similarly resisted in most cases where it would be useful. Element and critical really only used in FH these days

Oh and for other spark buffs (spark vulnerable debuff and spark critical) while they help these should be icing on the cake buffs you are getting with a unit who already give something more useful. Not something you are giving up a more useful buff to get

16. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    Another update, i notice that a unit on your list is Sareas, i did not notice him before as i do not have him nor have i ever really seen his name . You might want to consider using him instead of Arus, he is also a infinite SBBer with BB support built in. in long run Sareas will probably provide better BB support

he doesnt have bonus overdrive fill on his SBB like Arus and only fills 8 to other party members compared to Arus 10, but he gives the coveted BC on spark!!! something i mentioned you seemed to be lacking, he isnt the best, he has the standard 1-2bc per spark (more sparks you get, the more it can fill per turn) which can be plenty (some omni's such as sirius and ensa-taya can get up to 2-3 per spark using their SP upgrade options) as well as having a very useable (not the best but not bad) leader skill of 35% all stats with BC per turn and BC per spark (again 1-2 per spark, stacking with the buff). I am unsure who hits harder, Sareas has a attack boost at max BB gauge for his extra skill and a SELF ONLY (stacks with party wide ones) tribuff giving him some monstrous potential but im not sure if that out scales the bonus BB attack at high health of Arus.

up to you but i noticed something that i didnt know before and thought i might pass that on to you.

17. Thrill

Thrill Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lux Halcyon Atro
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Halo
    Wow, you're a wealth of knowledge haha. Okay awesome, I'm gonna level up Sareas, because I upgraded Arus but unfortunately he's an Oracle and has been getting killed a lot recently. I also just got a unit named Laberd, what are your thoughts on him? Should I replace Krantz with Laberd or would having both of them on at the same time make sense? So the squad would be something like
    Atro (L)
    Krantz
    Tridon
    Aurelia
    Laberd

18. Thrill

Thrill Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lux Halcyon Atro
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Halo
    Also, a few more units I just got are Mizerka, Charla, Sixgear, Melina, Duran, Regrard, and Folg. Any of those pickups good or did I just waste a bunch of gems?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  19. WesLAD

WesLAD Slumber God

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Shion/Zeis/Ceulfan/Lukroar
    Level:
    600+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fire Emblem Heroes
    Right. So, Charla, Mizeruka are nice pickups. Charla's outclassed, but still a great unit nonetheless.

Charla's uses - Crit buffs, Spark buffs, BC on spark, Clears Ailments, HoT, Burst Heal.
    Mizeruka's uses - Arena/Colo/CA (if it ever comes back). Outside of Arena/Colo, there isn't really much use for Mizeruka.

For a general use squad, you could do something like this:

:dark:Elza (Leader) + :light:Krantz + :light:Atro + :dark:Kuda + :water:Sareas

Elza is there for the coveted Spark buff, and Elza being the leader provides BC on spark, as well as HP on spark.
    Krantz is there for mitigation, Burst Heal, and Ailment removal.
    Atro is there for Ares Buff, Tri-Stat, etc. (depending on how you SP him.)
    Kuda is there for the Critical Rate + Damage buff, and the BB ATK buff.
    Sareas is really a slot filler, but he can also provide the BC on spark buff which stacks with Elza's LS, and then he also acts as a really nice spark blanket to go along with it.

20. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Some quick comments. Tridon's... problematic if you have access to stuff like Laberd or Omni Lance. Tridon used to be good because of dmg resistance/mitigation on lead skill, and because of his shield. There are now more sources of dmg resist on lead, e.g. Laberd has a version that kicks in when squad takes damage - not as reliable as Tridon's version. The real issue is the shield, as this is inferior to the newer barrier effect (which Omni Lance has), and if you cast shield together with barrier, shield fucks up the barrier. Not advised.

Tridon is still perfectly solid if Lance or another barrier caster is not in squad, or if you do not use barrier friend (e.g. Juno-Seto, Kulyuk, and so on). Just pointing this out.

You've gotten good advice from other folks here, so I'm not gonna do my usual thing and provide builds. These are just comments.

Doubling up on Krantz and another mitigator can make sense depending on the situation, though when his Omni arrives, Omni Krantz can be SP'd for two turn mitigation (vs. one turn), so most of the reasons why you'd want double mitigator are safely addressed by just having Krantz. More generally, Krantz and Laberd's utility vis-a-vis Omni Atro depends on how your Atro is configured; Krantz potentially overlaps with Atro for status cleanse and heal, Laberd overlaps with Atro for def stat buff, and potentially also for BB fill when squad is damaged.

Your proposed squad of Atro (L), Krantz, Tridon, Aurelia, Laberd is sort of... very low damage output, though it would have good defenses.

However even in this particular example, you'd get greater durability swapping out Tridon for Omni Lance, and likely when Krantz gets his Omni you would not need Laberd in squad, assuming Atro is SP'd for BB gauge fill when squad is damaged (and he probably would be, I mean, what are you gonna do, SP him for burst heal? You already have two burst healers in this setup). This leaves you at least one slot to take some damage buffs or a single target attacker - Melina and Arus are both good attacking options if your damage buffs are covered by friend slot (e.g. Eze, Ensa-Taya friend). If you need damage buffs from that position, then look at... Elza, perhaps, or Charla.

Incidentally - on the subject of Arus, Oracle really doesn't harm your survival that much. Arus isn't... particularly more vulnerable to random death because he's Oracle particularly, likely that's just because he's not an incredibly beefy unit statwise compared to some others you have here. Or just bad luck. Oracle no longer reduces HP, it reduces def these days, so a lot of the existential angst you heard from players about how Oracle sucks simply doesn't apply anymore, and has not been true for months. People bitch too much about Oracle, basically. I mean, I'm not saying you are wrong. If you say Arus keeps dying on you, then Arus keeps dying on you. I believe you. But a Breaker Arus, which would be one of the preferred types for Arus, would be just as squishy as Oracle Arus.

But Oracle itself does not really matter that much.

Charla is useful as a unit who packs crit and spark buffs into one slot, plus healing and BB gauge fill on spark - but between Atro/Krantz/Aurelia you have no shortage of healing and status cleanse. The damage buffs may be more relevant, plus BB fill on spark is always good. It depends on your squad setup.

More broadly, one issue is that you don't actually have many options for lead skills. Atro lead skill is workable, good for HP and BB gauge gen, but damage boost from Atro lead is actually fairly low by modern standards. Elza has good damage and BB gauge gen on lead skill, but lacks HP - though @WesLAD is correct that she may still be a viable lead for you.