General Guide How to build a squad (Full Guide)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Blaze1, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Blaze1

Blaze1 Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz, oh so mighty
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Hey guys and noobs, this is Blaze, and I'm making a full guide in here[​IMG] (I created this so I didn't stole others or anything, and also, this is fully my option so please don't argue or complaining about it) so anyway, I noticed players having trouble making a team, so I thought I would make a full guide of mines, hopefully, some player to look at this and orgainze their team and maybe get help if he/she don't know which units to use, so yeah. Anyway, there are important things you need to know.

Also, one thing before reading this. Remember,
    -(Burst) is not a turn, but to fill immediately, as a state of emergency.
    -(Gradually) is not immediately, it's used to fill for how many turns.
    1. Units' Buff
      This is considered the most important thing needed to remember if you want to make[​IMG] a good squad. To know the unit's buff, check[​IMG] their BB/SBB/UBB, including SP if it's a Omni Class.
      Eg: Zenia
      BB: Self Spark Boost, DEF Ignoring, BB Boost(Burst)
      SBB: Hit Count Add, Boost Spark Damage, self ATK boost
      UBB: Hit Count Add, Spark Damage Boost, ATK Boost
      SP: If used: Normal hit all foes
      Zenia has 10 completely different[​IMG] buffs (UBB is considered a different buff compared to BB/SBB, as it can be stacked. I'll explain it later.)
    2. Check the Cost
      Player who starts the game (in this cases, more likely a noob), this is also the most imprtant thing you need to know. Cost[​IMG] is the total limit as to how many units(less than 5) you can use per costs. Let's say... Your total cost[​IMG] is 150. You have
      Krantz, Silas, Vern, Kulyuk as your omni. You'll probably want them all in your team since they're extremely powerful and OP, but the bad thing for most low-leveled player is the Omni's cost. Krantz has 47, Silas has 47, Vern has 47, Kulyuk has 47 too. Let's do math. 47 + 47 = 94 + 47 = 141. You can use up to 3 Omni, which didn't gear up to your wish. To gain cost, level up.
    3. Check the Leader
      A leader has the power[​IMG] to influence a group, they said. It's true. Leader is mostly likely the important thing you need to know if you want to have the squad comes in. Let's say... (I'll use my main squad, secondary squad, farm squad)
      --My Main Squad
      L:
      Krantz
      -Kulyuk
      -Melord
      -Elza
      -Quaid
      I use Krantz as a leader to support the units by BC/HC drop rates and BB Boost(Gradually) plus 5 element requirement and also not-requirement boost(50% Boost to ATK and 30% boost to max HP when 5 or more elements are present, 100% boost to ATK and 30% max HP for all allies, huge boost to BC, HC drop rates & hugely boosts BB gauge each turn).
      --My Secondary Squad
      L: Zenia
      -Krantz
      -Zelnite
      -Silas
      -Selena
      I'm using Zenia as a leader to boost my normal hit counts damage and to gain more BB for each time I sparked. This is considerably my normal hit nuke team as all has a lot of hit counts and also hit counts boost in their SP/BB/SBB/UBB/ES/LS.(Zenia's Omni LS: 100% Boost to ATK, 40% boost to max HP, raises normal hit amount, Spark Damage boosts BB gauge & enormously boosts Spark Damage for 2 turns when Sparks exceed certain amount)
      --My Farm Squad
      L: Zelnite
      -Krantz
      -Silas
      -Kulyuk
      -Zenia
      I use Zelnite's LS to get Item boost for raid, Fujin Potion, and a lot of things I need to make, etc. So far for Omni, Zelnite and Zeruiah is the only Omni leader available to use. (Zelnite's Omni LS: 50% boosts to max HP, enormously boosts BC, HC, Zel, Karma, and item drop rates and boosts EXP gained)
    So anyway, those[​IMG] are important thing you need to know to make a good squad. So let's begin[​IMG] on how to make a proper team, and please remember that there are NO BEST TEAM EVER, but to make the a better team including a lot of buffs. So few buffs means[​IMG] this team is going to die more than other team that has more buffs.

-BB/SBB/UBB Buffs
    Let's talk about BB/SBB/UBB's buff, and how they works. BB are weak powerful attack that requires less BC. SBB are powerful attack that requires more BC. UBB is a very but rare attack that requires OD(Overdrives State) plus additional BC. But there is one thing that makes UBB special, is that they can stacked with BB/SBB buffs, however, BB can't stack with SBB unless it's a different[​IMG] buff, like ATK Boost on BB can stack with DEF -> ATK on SBB. Also, UBB buff can't stack with UBB buff unless it's a different[​IMG] buff, just like the BB/SBB rule. Let's use
    Zenia's hit count for this, plus enemy's 100% mitigation, and Charis.
    Zenia has +1 on her LS, +2 on her ES, +1 on her BB(2 or 2.5+ with SP option), and finally, +3 on her UBB. Let's say... Zenia use her SBB, she has 4(5 or 5.5 for SP) in total. But, if Charis use his BB, it'll replace Zenia's SBB completely, making Zenia's hit count went 4 instead, even with SP. But if Zenia use her UBB after she use SBB, her additional hit count in total would be 7(8 or 8.5 on SP). So her damage against the 100% mitigation enemy with SBB and UBB would be 153 with SP(2.5 added)
    Now do you know why that more buffs are more important? Okay, let's move on to the next one, which is SP Option.

-SP Option(For player that is about to have Omni or already have Omni)
    SP Option are only available to Omni. If you're a player that don't have Omni yet, then skip this part, unless your unit is readying to evolve to Omni class.
    SP can be used when a unit is level maxed, SBB level maxed(UBB and ES unlocked this way). And also, we can use up to 100 SP cost, and that we can't use all of the SP option, so we and you need to choose wisely. Also, I'll use this key so those who is a noob about Omni can know.
    -Enhance Type is a SP type that boost a buff more powerful.
    They provides special effect for your units.
    Example: Enhances Spark Damages on BB/SBB (To look for Enhances Type, look for "Enhance" and "effect" together)
    -Additional Type is a SP type that adds a buff to a unit.
    Example: Adds BB fills when attacked effect to BB/SBB (to look for Additional Type, look for "effect")
    -Turn Plus Type is a SP type that adds a turn to a buff(To look for Turn Plus Type, look for "Allows")
    Example: Allows UBB buff effects to las 4 turns
    -Passive Type is a SP type that boosts ONLY, ONLY the unit, not to all allies. This is considerably the opposite of Additional Type.(To look for Passive Type, look for a SP option that didn't have a Enchance + effect, effect, allows)
    Example: 20% boost to all parameter
    Let's use my
    Zenia.
    c-(10) Boosts ATK when BB gauge is over 50%
    d-(10) 70% boost to Spark Damage
    e-(10) Boosts 70% Spark Damage to 100% Spark Damage
    f-(30) Slightly reduces damage for 1 turn when damage dealt has exceeded certain amount
    g-(50) Adds normal attacks hit all foes for 3 turns effect to SBB
    h-(30) Enchances SBB's damage dealt by normal hit amount increase effect
    i-(30) Enchances SBB's normal hit amount increase effect
    j-(40) Allows UBB buff effects to last 4 turns
    Zenia's SP has one Additional, 2 Enhances, 6 Passives, and one Turn Plus SP in all. Your choice comes vary because of your units. So let's say... if you have Fizz, then you probably won't need the "Adds normal attacks hit all foes for 3 turns effect to SBB" as Fizz already had one, and it's free. But if you don't have a Fizz, then 50% chances you'll chose this SP option. I chose a, f, h, and i. F is probably the most important SP I took for Zenia as she is a normal hit nuker mostly. H and I are used to boosts my Zenia's normal hit damages to make her a better nuker in terms of normal hit counts. Also, I took A because I have 10 SP left after I took F, H, and I. This is more better than B and C as they needs requirement. This way, now I can have 25% mitigation on the first turn in Arena Colosseum and Regular Arena.

-Buff's Importance
    Now that I finish explain about the SP, let's talk about how important a buff is in the squad. Yes, there is buffs that is really important in the squad. So I'll list all of the buffs available right now. (And yes, all I have known so far, so to make this list more better, comment on the buffs I'm missing please, thank you. I wanna to make this more viable for noobs)
    Most Important Buffs
    1. Mitigation
    2. BB Fill when Attacked
    3. Heal (Burst)
    4. Heal (Gradually)
    5. Critical Negation
    6. Element Negation
    7. Cure Status Ailment
    Important Buffs
    1. Add Elements
    2. BB Boost on Spark
    3. BB boost (Burst)
    4. BB boost (Gradually)
    5. Status Ailment Negation
    6. Element Mitigation
    7. Spark Mitigation (New buff, coming to Global 2 months later)
    8. Spark Damage
    9. Critical Damage
    10. Critical Rates
    11. BB ATK boost
    12. Barrier
    13. ATK/DEF/REC Down Negation
    14. BB fill rates Boost
    15. Angel Idol
    Okay to have Buffs
    1. Spark Critical
    2. ATK/DEF Down Add to normal attack
    3. Normal attack hits all foes
    4. ATK/DEF Down Probability
    5. ATK/DEF/REC boost
    6. ATK/DEF/REC convert
    7. Boosts max HP
    8. Status Ailment infliction
    9. Taunt(Global Exclusive Only, Ultor and Deimos only)
    10. Stealth(Global Exclusive Only, Hadaron and Nyami only)
    11. Element Damage Boost
    12. Type Boost(Boost ATK of Fire Type)
    13. Spark Vulnerably
    14. OD Boost(Burst)
    15. OD Rates
    16. Damage Reduction when Guard
    17. BC/HC Drop Rates Boost
    18. HP restore when Damaged probability
    19. DEF Ignoring
    20. HP restore when spark
    21. Hit Count Add
    22. Self Boost (Self ATK boost, Self Spark boost, etc.)
    23. Revive(So far, 2 units has this buff)
    24. Status Ailemt Counter
    25. Status Ailment Infliction Add to normal attack
    26. Item Boost
    27. HP restore when attacking
    28. Additional Attack at Turn's end to enemy
    29. Fills Own BB to max
    30. Boosts Damage against Status Ailment infected foes

Okay I think that's all for me to explain. I know it's boring to read now, but take your time and read it over, and hopefully, it'll help you on your journey as a summoner to clear things easily. And also, thanks for reading this.

2. herpderp

herpderp Suppressor

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite/Arthur/Regil/Cleria
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFBE, Dark Souls II & III
    With gumi's cost gifts over the years, cost isn't really much of a concern since you'll be able to generally able to make a squad without being restricted. Besides, at lower levels players won't be able to raise units to omni potential right away.

This is highly subjective. You won't be needing more buffs over the essential damage buffs (critical, spark, elements) for things like FH. Some units just serve as spark blankets, which doesn't require any additional buffs, just a high bb/sbb hitcount. Even for trials, a team with enough buffs to cover itself isn't necessarily weaker than a team with a larger number of (redundant) buffs.

Firstly, in newer content, an OD booster and fill rate booster is should definitely be one of the most important buffs, since UBB mitigation is required to be used more frequently.
    Secondly, I cannot emphasize the importance of tri stat buffs or conversions (ATK/DEF/REC boost/conversions) in tougher content like trials or GGCs. These buffs are probably the difference between life and death.
    Thirdly, status ailments, while not being widely used, are necessary in making some content easier to complete (grand jelly or the Breaking Barriers trial).
    Lastly, do note that while mitigation is one of the most important buffs, it isn't very key in areas where nuking is involved like FH/some FGs.
    You shouldn't categorise buffs simply based on one or 2 areas (trials, GGCs, etc). Every buff is important in some area or another.

Where did this 25% mitigation on the first turn come from? :confused:

3. Blaze1

Blaze1 Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz, oh so mighty
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Ahh thanks for stuffs, and some things I forgot so easily due to my memory problem I had. I'll edited this guide once more and try to make it better. I'll includes category (trials, arena, etc.) and place into the category. Thanks for reminding me though. Now I'll try to make this better than last time.

And by the way, I can get my Zenia receive her mitigation whenever she deals a lot of damages. In my first round of Arena Colosseum, I use Zenia as my Leader, and when she attack the opponent, she has a mitigation buff on herself, so you can say that combined with her Leader + ES + Sphere, she can easily get a mitigation on the first turn. If you doubt me, test her out with the SP option I chose. I chose the one with the mitigation after dealing damage has exceeds certain amounts.

4. herpderp

herpderp Suppressor

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite/Arthur/Regil/Cleria
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing: