Boss Guide I need some quick advice

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ReptilianBrother, Oct 28, 2016.

1. ReptilianBrother

ReptilianBrother

Leader:
    Perpetual Goddess Felice
    So my current squad is the following:

Screenshot_20161027-234431.png

Felice
    -Beiorgs Armor
    -Vorpal Chainblades

Juno Seto
    -Malice Jewel (This is a place holder till I can get another Beiorgs armor)
    -Cosmic Dust (I might switch this for fallacy orb)

Alice
    -Thiefs Jewel
    -Impiety Orb

Zero
    -Dandemagus
    -Infidelity Orb

Allanon
    -Ritus Staff
    -Heresy Orb

Could I beat Karna Masta with this team or is that a straight up nop? I'm not at the boss yet, currently at Fal Nerga. If I do have a chance what friend unit should I take?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. Chum

Chum Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Omni Zelnite, Omni Ark, Omni Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hi ReptillianBrother,
    With good enough RNG, there's definitely a chance you can complete this. HOWEVER, if you value your energy and time, I would highly recommend that you wait until you can get more Beiorg's Armor.

Spheres aside, I would also recommend that you swap Zero out for a BB mod unit, with Sirius being the top contender. I believe KM has some percentage of spark damage down, so a BB mod will speed up the run. In addition, since Zero is dark and you don't seem to have a better EWD null sphere, having him face against the KM, a light type, would not be a good idea.

P.S. If you have a Zekt (and a Sirius), I would replace Felice w/ Zekt as lead (and Zero with Sirius).

3. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Zero isn't doing much good because spark dmg isn't really useful in Karna. In a Karna run most people can barely use BB/SBB so you won't be sparking much, and Karna resists spark dmg.

Thing is, it's not so much BB atk that you want in that unit slot, it's more basic atk buff and dark dmg add that a squad wants in KM, also atk convert. Most of your damage output will be from normal attacks if you're doing a regular run and not some crazy YOLO BB spam strategy. Because Karna fucks you when you cast a total 5 BBs or SBBs (counted across turns), later 6 BB/SBB, and each fuck-you BB drain he does advances the counter on his bigger fuck-you attack, most people try to minimise BB and SBB use. You cast BB/SBB mostly just to refresh buffs and heal, most damage is done with normal attacks boosted by Dark Ark BB.

For normal atk strategy you want atk boosts, squad has atk convert from rec on Alice. Dark Ark can boost atk on SBB, but Dark Ark BB casts should be ideally reserved for his BB and not SBB (since you're minimising casts).

Sirius is good for this not because of BB atk but because he carries tristat atk/def/rec and dark dmg add - the dark dmg add is all you need for elements, Allanon's six element add is largely wasted here. I mean, not saying you MUST have Sirius for this, but that's the rationale as to why he is a popular KM pick.

The Allanon slot isn't actually great in general as Allanon does not contribute much. Another burst heal is fine, but his BB fill when squad dmg overlaps with Felice, his HP boost overlaps with Juno, and elemental mitigation on BB is quite weak as it is multiplicative and not additive, meaning the low value doesn't do much (it's something like effective 7.5% dmg reduction, since it's not 15+50=65, it's Allanon's BB taking 15% off 50%). It still helps a little but it's way less effective than many people realise.

Beiorgs are NOT needed for Karna Masta run - Alice already can provide some heal when squad is damaged as a buff, and in any case you don't need the effect at all, it's just a safety net. I cleared Karna without a single Beiorg sphere equipped on squad.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  4. ReptilianBrother

ReptilianBrother

Leader:
    Perpetual Goddess Felice
    Ok, thx for all the help. I'll try and see what I can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

5. Reixd

Reixd Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avant OE, Sirius OE, Zelnite OE, Ciara and Zenia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF GL
    You don't really need beiorg's armor, one it costs so much time and effort just to craft one, two, come on man its so much time. No, on a serious note, you don't really need beiorg's armor, also, fighting Karna Masta is all about that sweet RNG going your way, so i'd suggest wait for some time, maybe a half exp for dungeons, and then try and spam KM, since fighting him is like gambling, its all about chances.

6. Skitty

Skitty Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    no
    Leader:
    Gabriela/Zelnites
    Level:
    500+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Allanon has an OD fill though, which is helpful during 2nd and 3rd phases of the fight.

7. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    In practical terms a squad using mostly normal hit shouldn't realistically have trouble with OD fill in Karna Masta. OD effects on units like Allanon, Atro, Rengaku, Fizz, Galtier, et al. are useful to include if you can make room, but it is not essential - I did not use one for most of my runs, including my final successful attempt, and didn't really perceive it to be a limiting factor. Having your OD back up at the right times is more a matter of planning and consideration than buff effects.