EU Introduce yourself (EU version)

Discussion in 'European Server' started by Khaotil, May 2, 2015.

1. ShowtimePile

ShowtimePile Rookie

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Great Thief Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hi. I wanted to play a game and someone suggested Brave Frontier to me. So I downloaded the game and guided me to the Global server. Got some strong units and everything, but it feels so easy to me. I found out that there's a EU version so I downloaded that (after maybe what, 10 minutes of struggling) and now playing it.

Just right. I know they're behind but at least I can juggle between the two!

I'll probably post my ID in the other thread very shortly.

2. Corrupted

Corrupted Celestial

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Omni Cleria/Regil/Shion/Erza Scarlet/Ark/Natasha
    Level:
    280+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Hellu.
    Norwegian here, been playin' BF for what, like 2-3 months now?
    Currently studying Game Dev bachelor degree, but I suck at the Art/Drawing and 3D Modeling in Maya courses. Coding is mah shizz.
    And also a volunteer staff QA Tester for the MMORPG game AdventureQuest 3D.

AstralFlare likes this.
  3. Gholayat

Gholayat Gleaming God

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Master Dean
    Level:
    305+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    AQ
    I have been lurking around here for some time now... Maybe it is time to step out of the shadows and into the light ^^

I am confident several people here recognize my name, since I originally joined the BF RPG community on the other forum. When @Khaotil put his introduction there, I did not realize he was the big cheese from this forum. I still wish to this day that I had given him a warmer welcome, in the hopes of seeing him pop up more often over there. Well... consider this an apology. Anyways, I decided maybe it is a good idea to join this part of the community as well since there is a lot more going on here than most people over there realize. I am sure there is lots of valuable feedback here that can be of interest to gumi Europe, which they have no access to. Maybe I can help there!

For the people that do not know me, I am moderator over at the other forum where I am one of what gumi likes to call "Community Pillars" for the English section. That means I am part of the bridge between players and gumi, but from the players point of view. Whereas gumi Elie is the other part of that bridge, from gumi's point of view.

Just for those not very interested in my story, I will put my personal introduction under a spoiler tag so I won't cause inconvenience. :) Be advised, it is a huge wall of text.

Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Uff, that took a lot longer than expected haha. Well... I hope some people will read this, if not.. I can most definately understand why not. This is way too much information maybe! But I really felt like... writing my story. Sorry if this is not the right place. Anyways, I will be checking in here every now and then so don't expect a lot of posts from me, the best way to contact me will always be the other forum. However, I will be around sometimes to see if I can get some valuable feedback regarding events and releases.

I hope you all have a nice day, take care :)

~Gholayat/Gholy

sennybee, KiWi, Sucker and 1 other person like this.
  4. darnok

darnok Karma Killer

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arturus Rex
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Tower of Saviors
    Welcome to the dark side @Gholayat ! :p Cool story of how you met your girlfriend.
    Also I don't think it's strictly true that gumi Europe has no access to this forum. Elie has an account here and posts pretty often :D You're too late, man!
    You should mention too that you're the one responsible for "Grand Tentacle Invasion" and other memorable names from the recent releases o_O

5. Gholayat

Gholayat Gleaming God

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Master Dean
    Level:
    305+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    AQ
    Im the one yes, but it was just to honor the original name suggestion by the guy who designed Cornelius, Lionister :p

6. Sucker

Sucker Aion

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Various leads
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    @Gholayat Awesome biography! You are a way more hardcore gamer than I ever suspected :eek: But good to see that you got back on tracks and are finishing your study (y) Have fun here on the dark side!

7. L0st_S0ul

L0st_S0ul Eukleia

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Gazolina
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The Witcher 3
    @Gholayat
    Welcome to this forum!
    Did you play the DS sequel of Golden Sun? I didn't like it that much :/ Somehow the characters didn't seem to be very developed. The GBA Golden Sun games are definitely in my top 10 of best games ever played :)
    Very cool that you met your girlfriend while playing a MMO. Are/were you guys far apart?

8. Gholayat

Gholayat Gleaming God

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Master Dean
    Level:
    305+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    AQ
    She is Italian, I am Dutch. Yes, it is not easy haha. But in the near future once I have this degree, the world opens for me and I can go anywhere! (As long as there is work)

I did play the sequel. Even though it was not even close to the quality of the original story, it was... another chapter! And my body had always craved more of this amazing game. Yes, character development was very mediocre, and yes, the open ending was murdrer... But we can only hope for another chapter! The creators mentioned that if there is enough animo from the playerbase, another chapter is not impossible. Though it does have to be a LOT of enthusiasm since they said it took a ridiculous amount of time to develop the three games in existence right now. In my opinion, this is a politically phrased answer to say "No, we will not make another sequel." It was always a challenge to ignore the awesomeness of Felix and Isaac and their skillset... but my favorite character is Piers. A tank with nice damage and a big single target heal. That last part not ideal, but still the kind of character I like. I still have playlists on youtube with the soundtrack of Golden Sun! ^^

9. L0st_S0ul

L0st_S0ul Eukleia

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Gazolina
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The Witcher 3
    Ah, that's quite far, but it's still doable I guess! At least it's not the other side of the world. A colleague of mine (we work in Amsterdam) is from Italy and she goes to visit her partents quite often. If you don't fly during the holidays, but just pick a random weekend it's not that expensive I guess. But then again, everything is expensive when you're still studying and don't have a job :)

I must admit that when I played Golden Sun, I didn't really use any strategy. If I couldn't beat a boss, I'd just level up 10 levels and that's it xD I liked Piers too, probably because you encounter him early in the game but keeps running away (and because my favourite color is blue o_O) and then he ends up being from a sort of Atlantis. I desparately wanted Alex to be a playable character though.
    It's kind of scary, when I meet someone in real life, and their name is Alex, they instantly go to my list of cool people. Their name is Alex, so they must be cool =D
    I also liked Jenna. Damn now I want to play again...

Gholayat likes this.
  10. Khaotil

Khaotil EU Guardian Moderator

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Heinrich 7* - Herald of Yggdrasil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    @Gholayat : So, welcome here (second edition)! :D
    Don't worry, it's not a big deal for how you welcomed me on the other forum, I just don't have that much time right now, or else I'll be on the official a bit more often ^^'

Anyway, cool presentation, glad to see some older players there too :D
    (and...ffs, AdventureQuest! I've been a founder on DragonFable and MechQuest too, sooo much hours spend on these...)

Must...resist...urge to make bigass story too...
    Ha, fuckit, here you go.

Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

KiWi, darnok, L0st_S0ul and 1 other person like this.
  11. Gholayat

Gholayat Gleaming God

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Master Dean
    Level:
    305+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    AQ
    Maybe its not a nice thing to say, but... its good to see that Im not the only one with this kind of problems. Our problems are different of course but it is good to read that, we are not alone out there. Communities like there are there not only to relax and have fun, but also to make friends and support eachother. I am glad to hear that Brave Frontier has helped you feeling better. It is silly huh, how a small little phone game can make such changes in peoples lives.

I used to play PS1 as well at my parents house, and I had an Xbox 360, I didnt even talk about those in my story haha. (I played Halo 3 on my Xbox, it was a package when I bought it, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Assassins Creed 1 2 and the one that was released after which isnt 3, Fable 2 and Elder Scrolls Skyrim. Last summer I bought DragonAge Origins, played it for 2 weeks and got Red Ring of Death. For the third time on the third Xbox360. #Microsoft) On the PS1 I had like 200 games (bootleg :p) but one of them was Jade Coccoon. I bought it very cheap on a flea market in my town. The cd case was a little damaged but the cd itself looked nice. When I tried it, I loved it. However, apparantly there was a defect. I was unable to save! So I had to keep the PS1 running all night to prevent it from losing all progress.

But really Jade Coccoon is such a great game! Amazing story, nice graphics and gameplay for its time. And oh god if you were lucky enough to find the Poacher Axe or that one Dragon Sword, you could oneshot all enemies in the game after that haha. So hilarious. I preferred training that one little starter dragon though, in the hopes that it would grow into the one from your "dark rival" that you meet in that dream at the start.

Aaaanyways, nice to see that we have so many things in common haha! Glad to be here now too

Khaotil likes this.
  12. ClimaxInYou

ClimaxInYou Demon

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur/Magena/Heinrich
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Women
    I c you like to smoke Heavy shit

13. ClimaxInYou

ClimaxInYou Demon

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur/Magena/Heinrich
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Women
    I love women! Nuf said!

14. De-So

De-So Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Predator Empress Magena
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Magic: The Gathering, Force of Will
    Nope, i C yu are da only one

I just can't stand offensive [Expletive Expunged]...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  15. ClimaxInYou

ClimaxInYou Demon

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur/Magena/Heinrich
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Women
    I am most definetly not the only one!
    Just thought what u wrote is what i usually write when i travel back to the stone age every evening :ninja::D

16. De-So

De-So Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Predator Empress Magena
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Buddhism is not as primitive as Cristianityo_O

17. ClimaxInYou

ClimaxInYou Demon

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur/Magena/Heinrich
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Women
    Religion has nothing to do with the state of mind

18. De-So

De-So Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Predator Empress Magena
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Offending people because of their belief is not a state of mind ether, just an indcator on how low one's acceptance is.

19. ClimaxInYou

ClimaxInYou Demon

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur/Magena/Heinrich
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Women
    I apologise if you got offended by my joke

20. De-So

De-So Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Predator Empress Magena
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    I would have not mind it in the first place, but it felt sincere, that's why i was debating:oops: sorry