Is it worth leveling Lily, Darv and Altri to SBB 10?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hyrika, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Hyrika

Hyrika

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Cyborg Lilith
    At least just for Maxwell battle...
    Well I'm well aware that SBB leveling helps reducing the amount of BC needed but do you think its worth putting time on these guys?
    I admit I'm not really good when it comes to tactics in Maxwell battle since so far I only able to reach up to her 25% HP so does SB10 will help me advance more?

2. Revertible

Revertible Archangel

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zenia, Demios, Quaid, Tridion, Grah, Griel
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Defiantly worth it for Darvenshell cause lower BC needed for that extra %50 def buff on top of the damage reduction is very very useful not only for maxwell but for any hard boss in the game.
    Altri's SBB is up to you. I just fused any healer type bb fodder i found while questing into him and he's sitting coformatbly at lvl 8 SBB which is more than enough to heal my team to near max if things go bad.
    Can't say about lily since i don't have one.

Hyrika likes this.
  3. kevlar

kevlar Lantern

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell
    Level:
    19X
    Hunter Rank:
    I beat Maxwell w/SBB 1 for Lilly and Darv. Altri was SBB 10.

4. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    Yes for Lilly - not so much for Darvanshel/Tree.

I used Tree SBB twice through the entire Maxwell portion of the fight(once was after using a fujin for a double heal after Endless), used Darvanshel twice as well. You will be primarily using Darvanshel's BB. Due to wanting mitigation every turn, it is VERY unlikely that you will be getting 43 bc every turn.

Lilly gets to guard a bunch of turns and stay alive - so it is possible to fire her SBB every 3 turns/when it is safe/recommended.

Some people here claim how important SBB10 is on the tree - I don't feel that is the case. Even the feared 2x Destiny, Meteor/focus attack during sacred song was recovered using Altri's BB.

Hyrika likes this.
  5. Hyrika

Hyrika

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Cyborg Lilith
    Haha well that's good, but as I said I'm not really a smart person when it comes to tactics and counting turns (always miscounts stuffs in general) so that doesn't help lol :p

I see, well definitely will level Lily at least, I might still level Darv's since I didn't get his best type (Breaker) and he died pretty easily lol D:

6. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4

Breaker vs Guardian won't make a difference in the fight. Most damage comes from Sacred Song turns(Def is useless), and units that are affected by weakness. Darv still having 1700+ Def is astounding by any measurement. Even as breaker, he still probably has some of the highest def on your squad.

Something to look at, you will be getting on average, ~22 BB/turn from Lilly's passive + Dandelga/Evil Shard on Darvanshel as well BC drops from standard attacks. While I always recommend getting all units to SBB10 if you can manage, acquiring the 43 BC for Darvanshel to use his SBB is difficult. Any turns I tried to save up I tended to lose a unit(most notably grah or Lilly).

The fight functions totally different than any FH/Quest/other content you may mess around with. IMO(don't throw rocks at me!) SBB level on most support units for this fight isn't as important as people make it out to be. Smart playing and luck are the key to getting past the encounter. As said above, you want to maximize your SBB on all units if at all possible, but much like people over-estimate the potency of Michele's atk buff, they over-estimate the necessity of having SBB10 in a few scenarios.

7. Garavani

Garavani Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Empyreal Drake Lodin
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I leveled all mine before I did it. I tend to over prepare for things but I did manage to 1 shot all the trials so far.

8. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    I personally swear by SBB10 tree, it's almost 50% stronger than SBB1 and I had it up pretty often throughout the fight and got a fair bit of use from the increased healing, but it's far from required. You can very easily beat Maxwell with SBB1 tree. 10 just makes it a little safer if you REALLY need a huge heal. Honestly, Tree's SBB's value depends A LOT on how good your BC generation is. If you can actually fund tree sbb every 2-3 turns (assuming you heal every turn) then I would say it's more important to level, if you're just barely scraping by BC gen wise then it's fairly irrelevant since you won't be using it much at all.

Darvanshel straight up doesn't care. He aint gonna be using SBB ever unless you fujin him, and the damage mitigation (%DR or defense) doesn't scale at all. As long as you have SBB1 you're set for trials.

Lilly absolutely requires SBB10 to function optimally. Her overall effectiveness is several times what it is at SBB1. You'd have to actually experience the difference for yourself to realize just how big it is I think but it's mindboggling, most of her values individually double and when you add it all together it's just night and day. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!

9. Hyrika

Hyrika

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Cyborg Lilith
    Right, so reading all of these I'm definitely leveling Lilly's first :D I guess it was daring for me to bring her not BB leveled in the previous attempt haha... :p