Just started playing and a little lost

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius' started by Blerk, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Blerk

Blerk Nomos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Ask
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Ark, Avant (for FH)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, Dark Souls 3, Rock Band 4, BLOODBORNE
    Hello everyone. I just started playing FFBE (I installed it when the collab was going on but just now getting around to playing it) and I'm kind of confused about the mechanics and what makes a unit good. The unit stat page is confusing to me as I can't really tell what I'm looking at and the only thing that stands out as determining a unit's worth is the star rating.
    Anyways, I did some summons with the free tickets they give you (way more generous than BF, holy cow) and I'm just wondering who I should be focused on raising. I have:
    Vivi x2
    Chizuru
    Mercedes
    Charlotte x6
    and a couple of more things I can't remember right now. Chizuru seems to be doing the most damage based on my questing so far but I really don't know.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Exarion

Exarion Eris

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai, Avant, Zekt, Rozalia, Ark, Shion
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Urban Rivals, Eredan ITCG
    Chizuru is nice, she's a good physical damage unit.
    Vivi is correct for a mage. He's only a 4* unit but he learns Dual Black Magic, enabling him to cast 2 spells in one turn. It compensates a little the fact he's only a 4* unit with low stats. I used him a lot because I only had him as mage at the beginning. I hope you will get a better mage in the future because Vivi has very low stats and it will be difficult to keep him alive in Dirnado (the second world). In Grandshelt (the first world) it's ok.
    Mercedes is meh. She begins to be correct in 6* but evolving a unit in 6* is very long (it requires a lot of very rare items) and there are better units to evolve in 6* before her. So keep your rare materials for another unit. And in 5*, Mercedes is meh... She has a correct ATT stat but that's all. Since you don't seem to have another unit better than her, you can use her.
    Charlotte is a good tank unit.
    You don't have a healer? In the game, there will be a free healer named Fina. She's not the best but she does the job when you are unlucky to summon a good healer. I used her until the third world Olderion before having the chance to get Refia the last week (Refia is the best healer in the game) :)

In the game, there are Chimeras (Ifrit, etc.). You can attach a Chimera to a unit. It raises a little the stats of your unit. The Chimeras are quite easy to get.

What makes a unit good? Just check the wiki to look at what the unit provides. At the beginning of the game it's not very noticeable but later you will need some stat buffs (ATT, DEF, MAG, SPR) to deal more damage or to survive, you will need to reduce the stats of the ennemies too, to remove the buffs on an enemy, etc.
    You have the time to be familiar with the game and to use a full squad of 5* units lvl max. In your squad, you need :
    a mage to deal magic damage.
    a healer to heal the squad (and to remove the status ailments).
    a support unit : to provide some useful buffs for the squad and/or debuffs for the ennemies (ATT/DEF/MAG/SPR, etc.)
    a physical damage unit.

What is important too is having good friends to help to win against the bosses. I have the chance to have a friend with a very strong Elza (6*, 500 ATT, etc.). I do all the bosses with her. Without good friends, it's difficult.

What are your others units?