My Opinion about the First Half of Stein's batch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeltaHorizon020, Aug 5, 2016.

1. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Kanon and Zelnite (Upcoming in Future)
    Level:
    370 and slightly Increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Word Cookies :3
    What's up people! DeltaHorizon020 here. Now, As I promised, I will write about my opinion about the First half of Stein's batch whether they are good to summon or not. So without further ado, Let's begin:
    • :earth:Daze: Well in my opinion, She had a decent skillsets of course. A Tri-Stats buffer,Spark damage buffer,Spark Vulnerability buffer,Critical buffer,Ares Buffer and a Spark Crit on her UBB and her LS and Elemental survivability. But too bad that there are many better units than her (Vern,Ensa and Sirius comes to mind) and if you use her on rainbow squad, Her spark buff could clash with the likes of Eze,Vern,Ensa Taya or the upcoming Shura and her tri stat buff could clash with Atro or Sirius. And yeah, I do realize that she had a clash with Terry in terms of tri stat buff. I do really want to like this unit but the one hit on her Normal Attack and BB,SBB and UBB ruined it for me :( Sure, it's sparkable with the right units. But I have a question for you regarding this: Could YOU spark Daze's one hit against one enemy? just saying. And because of that, If I got Daze I have to put an 10 BC on spark SP Skill for activing her full potential. But yeah, Like I said. She's decent but there are many better units than her and I would love her even more if she had more than One hit of course. She is also good when you put a spark blanket on her like Felice or Elza. Soooo yeah.
    So what are my thoughts about the units from the First Half of Stein's batch? They're decent but nothing special. I think it's at best to save your gems for Kalon & Hisui's gate and the Upcoming Global Exclusive of course. The first half of Stein's batch is easily skippable IMO but if you want to collect them, Fine I won't stop you

2. Haeabi

Haeabi Doombearer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark Omni
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    You haven't review Zekt yet...

3. AnimeFan2326

AnimeFan2326 Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    He doesn't review light units, unless it's Priscilla, Eva, or Carrol. Though, I don't think there's really any need for a review for Daze and Zekt, cause it's not hard to test how bad they are.

kainoa25 likes this.
  4. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Honestly I do have some soft spot for Xenon & Estia and Vanila :) And I won't review most of the :light: units unless it was Priscilla,Eva,Carrol,Xenon & Estia and Carrol (I know Carrol already got a 7* but I don't think I will need her Omni actually) that got an 7*/Omni and becoming much powerful in that form and not only that, I will review the :light: units if he/she/it had a poor skillsets & being the least favorite of his/her/it's batch (E.g. Fadahl,Jed,Kiravel or Athena Asamiya). Do you think Athena is a bad unit in your opinion?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  5. ArkhamsWarrior

ArkhamsWarrior Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai, Krantz
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    How exactly are they "bad."
    I think people are overusing the word "bad" for these JP units, because of how much we're basically Spoiled in Global with these exciting LE units.
    The units that we're getting from JP are just underwhelming because we already have so many over units that can cover 2-3 units that we get from JP.
    *Addition: I wouldn't like to test how bad something is. And you can't unless you actually have the unit.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  6. Zaegar

Zaegar Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    245xx55135
    Leader:
    Shion, Zeis, Cleria
    Level:
    So far yet so near
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFXIV-heavensward - 7K
    No, wait
    In her specific case, dize is "bad"
    Not cuz ensa exists, but cuz EZE exists
    She could be a good spark buffer, but eze and vern (and for us in global ensa and even zero) are better options imho
    She could be arena nuker with her 1 hit
    Bug mifune cames First, and it's even free
    She can be a tri stat buffer, but Sirius and freebie trap atro already cover this (and for us, azurai does it too)
    She could be fg nuker, but again eze would generally be better and it's, again, free

Zekt does what he is made for. Aka, lot of hp with a Huge bb scaling mod on hp makes him a solid unit ,along with the elemental miti but sadly those two fell into the big batch called "dragons" and both are not shit, just plain

What's more, with the next content to beat (apart zelnite ggc) being 3 arc pullingfor those units is less valuable then ever cuz, in my situation, i wouldn't ever have the chance to use em

7. LunarEmerald

LunarEmerald Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai, Rain
    Level:
    700+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    My opinion on them.

I judge units based on how they would shift around what I consider to be "the dream team." Which is probably the best squad currently available and trivializes all content. It even makes Noel fairly easy.

Ark - Leader
    Azurai - Friend
    Juno
    Ensa
    Felice
    Lara

Looking at Daze. She would be better than Azurai for earth and thunder bosses. Leader skill has a 15% reduction to them. Azurai is 10% for all. She could also help replace Ensa since she gives spark. Her SBB gives: crit rate, spark, tribuffs and fill rate. But if you replaced Ensa, you'd need someone to else to provide BB atk. Daze would provide more survivability against Beiorg but you don't need it. Ark + Azurai is enough to auto battle tank it with zero deaths. Azurai would certainly give the squad more damage too. It might be hard to spark Daze's single hit too.

Zekt seems the best unit to bring against light or dark bosses. Specifically KM. He's undoubtedly the best leader for it. Leader skill reduces light and dark by 15%, his SBB can further reduce it a bit. Leader skill also gives 4-7 bc and a 25% chance to recover 25% damage when attacked and 40/50% to all stats. It feels like he was purposely designed to counter Karna Masta. Outside that, he's not that amazing and provides far less utility than 7 star Allanon. I'm sure OE Allanon will make him question his existence.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  8. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Forgot to say this. Daze is Azurai/Sirius but without the BB Atk Mod. Instead, She got a spark buff going for her

9. chaos066

chaos066

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa, Ark, Azurai, Juno, Feeva
    Currently Playing:
    UNIEL, PSO2, GG Rev, BBCF
    Daze's 1 hit isn't all that hard to spark really. Her damage on SBB is a bit higher than Azurai's in crit resistant content. The other thing about Daze I like better than Azurai is how she can self-sustain herself better than Azurai can with her BC during spark SP. I'm not saying she can flat out replace Azurai (as Azurai is the better survival lead), but she's nowhere near being "bad" as some people are claiming her to be.

As for Zekt; I look at him and think Allanon if he wasn't so squishy. He's great for the KM fight assuming you haven't cleared it yet or just want to see how much of a difference he makes in it for fun one day. If/when Allanon gets his OE he'll most likely destroy Zekt due to them both having elemental mitigation and crit by that point can be taken from a handful of other units. If they ever come out with a Genderless FG, then he'll have a use probably.

10. Rishu

Rishu Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Cute waifus only
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Mifune.

11. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Kιℓℓυa
    Leader:
    Maxed Robe / Alza / Zeis / Natsu
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Hearthstone (Legend) Competitive Gears of War 4
    I really shouldnt answer that...
    I wont take into account BB% and Spark since both are convered by Ensa anyways. Taking them into account would probably hurt Daze even harder.

Sirius BC gen is better (BC on Spark is better than any other BC gen source). Sirius brings light/dark elemental virtually making him enough for element coverage on specific bosses (he makes KM much easier, even if KM is one of the biggest scams of Global history and was easy compared to what people said about him pre release)
    Sirius has a better LS.

--> Sirius 3 - 0 Daze

Azurai is one of the best nukers in the game. He brings high crit damage buff. He's the best colo unit. His LS isnt even comparable to Daze, or any other LS, Ark excluded (but they work even better together).
    There's no way you use Dazr sub when Ark+Azurai is the best leader combo for basically everything

--> Azurai 5 - 0 Daze
    Ok let's be nice, Daze has a very unnecessary/overkill Ares buff, so 5-1 for Azurai

These units dont even compare, Azurai is the best unit in literaly every team but KM/Dark Ark/Noel. Everywhere else he's the best unit in the game. Sirius is the best unit in the game in JP and still holds its own against some GE units and can have niche use.
    Meanwhile Daze cant even find a viable spot in common meta squads because he's a jack of all trades that does a lot of things, but all of them are either not as good as current units or already covered by much better overall units.

At least Zekt has a few things goinf for him... but Daze is basically a useless unit, Fadahl tier, if you consider the fact that Ark is free and will be one of your leaders all the time, and your seond leader can be Azurai or Ensa, making Daze completely pointless even if you dont have any of the 2 OP GE units I just mentionned (because you can use free Ark + friend OP Limited GE)

12. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Kιℓℓυa
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I dont think Daze comes nowhere near Azurai tier damage, even if he sparks his 1 hit and if he doesnt, he's more like Charla damage tier x)
    He's not bad if you look at the unit without considering other units and teams/meta but in practise he is so unconvenient/unusable/bad that he wasn't even used on JP simply because of Sirius being god among gods there. I mean look at Korzan, his kit is insane on paper, it was literally the best "on paper" kit in the entire game when he was released, but he was very rarely used because his kit didnt fit the meta properly. Meanwhile units like Zeruiah who has a trash tier kit on paper (elements + BCHC, that's it) are god tier for months (more than a year for Zeruiah if she gets OE on Xmas) because they have hidden force you cant see easily in the kit. Example of Zeruiah is that spark blankets with a good kit were rare at that time (they still are, she's still top 1-2 with Felice in terms of blanket with good overall utility imo) and ALL elements was kinda new (and Allanon isnt even close, hell she's still used in some Ark teams for people who dont have Lara and spec Ark for EWD and crit null)

13. Zaegar

Zaegar Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    245xx55135
    Leader:
    Shion, Zeis, Cleria
    Level:
    So far yet so near
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFXIV-heavensward - 7K
    I cannot bring myself to change all your gender mistakes but... Dize is a lovely "she"
    Come on it's not azami , Vern or Hisui where u could have trouble saying it's a woman, her rack talks by itself :cool:

14. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Daze is Fadahl tier and Doge has a use!!!!! WHAT!!!????!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO. But allwell, Hisui and Terry at least made me calm down

15. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    And yes, If you said that Athena Asamiya is shit. I would become much a happier person actually

16. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Kιℓℓυa
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Doge is a great colo leader, best leder for KM, great FG/FH crit uffer and nuker...etc... check my post on the "Zekt" thread
    Meanwhile Daze cant find a spot in an team, he's just as shit as Athena Asamiya (if it makes you feel happy LOL)

17. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    I see. I think I have to wait for Zelnite,Dilma,Fei & Fang and Quaid Omni if you said that Daze is shit. I hope they could become more better units than Daze though. As for now, I'm still calmed down thanks to Hisui

18. AnimeFan2326

AnimeFan2326 Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6

Yup, and I see Daze to be the worst OE spark buffer in the game. Yup, that's right. I think even Izuna is better than Daze.

As for Zekt, I don't think he's bad, but he's not that great, either. I'd say decent.

19. chaos066

chaos066

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa, Ark, Azurai, Juno, Feeva
    Currently Playing:
    UNIEL, PSO2, GG Rev, BBCF
    I really hope you joking when you say Daze's damage is Charla tier. Though when reading the rest of your post I guess you are.

20. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    WAT!!!!????? THAT TSUNADE IS A BETTER SPARK BUFFER THAN DAZE!!?!?!?!?!?!?! Here's my reaction of course: