need help raid squad

Discussion in 'Raid Battle' started by ramsmeister, Aug 18, 2016.

1. ramsmeister

ramsmeister Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    lara
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    :light:= lara,krantz,sirius,nadore,charla,fadahl,reihard
    :fire:=vargas,avant,rengaku,adel,griff,gildorf,regrad,limera
    :dark:= elza,zergel,hadaron,feeva,aaron,zenia,eclise
    :earth:=lance,rosetta,duran,dure
    :water:=vern,karl,lucina,reeze,noah,tazer,iris,quartz,rubeus
    :thunder:=rashil,rize,kagura,reud
    im having difficulty in raid battles newbie player here :)

Virgilio Bautista likes this.
  2. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    The basic / "core" concept of every raid is simple: do as much damage to the boss as quickly and as sustainably as possible. Survivability is crucial, but ONLY so far as is necessary to not die - beyond that it's rapidly diminishing returns compared to adding more damage. Ditto with BC gen; it's crucial to refill gauges reliably, but if you don't need BC on hit, don't worry about getting it.

Simple setup for team is something like Sirius/Ark leads to basically cover survivability and damage, then cover other important buffs (BC gen, elements, mitigation, etc) with units like Lara, Krantz, Elza, Rengaku, etc.

Avant is the best DPS lead - but is mediocre against crit-immune bosses and actively harmful against bosses that crit is detrimental against - so you can switch between him lead Sirius sub or Sirius lead as needed for the raid.

If your Sirius is specced for BC on spark, then something like Sirius/Ark leads, Krantz Lara Elza is a good 'core' to your team that covers most core buffs and plenty of survivability. Last slot would ideally add missing elements (ex. a very situational Griff, Vern, situational Lucina, etc) and/or crit chance buff (again, Griff). Reeze for ailment control is also very useful - krantz can handle ailments but only on manual, putting Reeze into team lets you just auto stuff easier.

3. ramsmeister

ramsmeister Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    lara
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    is
    is zenia lead good for raid?

4. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    She was back in the early-mid 7* era. Nowadays you're generally better using some combination of Ark, Sirius, Eze, Vern, Azurai, or (when he comes out) Shura.

Virgilio Bautista and Tonst3r like this.
  5. ramsmeister

ramsmeister Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    lara
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    which is better lead sirius or elza? until now im having difficulty in raid 6 my lead is sirius then lara,krantz,vern and eclise because my unit cost is still low i cant put other omnis like rengaku and elza, i think i lack in damage, can you give me suggestions on proper team building, all of my omnis have good LS skills i dont know who to choose.

6. ramsmeister

ramsmeister Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    lara
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    forgot to mention lance but hes not omni yet and avant.

7. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Sirius offers more actual damage on lead skill. His lead skill is basically a bunch of damage buffs and then a HP increase. Elza's lead skill is more support focused. She offers very little damage increase on lead, but has a HP increase, then some damage boost, BB gauge fill, healing, and so on in the lead role.

Vern lead is kind of in between Sirius and Elza.

For you, Sirius or Vern is likely the better choice, once you have all your units at Omni.
    Lance lead is too defensive for raid purposes, basically. Not ideal.

Avant lead skill doesn't work that well in raid at higher RC. @Eleiryn already explained this, but maybe it's helpful to break this down further. See, Avant has two problems in raid.

First, the boss may be largely crit resistant - harder to crit against, or they outright ignore bonus crit dmg. This means that in a lot of RC6 stuff, the Avant lead skill basically becomes a slightly shittier version of Sirius. So there's no point in using Avant leader in that scenario if you own Sirius - he's just a redder, lousy, bargain-basement Sirius.

Second problem is... even if boss is mostly crit vulnerable, there may be one body part which is crit resist. The rare drop for the raid usually comes from that body part. So you roll in there with Avant and AOE attacks, you're doing more damage to the main boss body and other body parts, you're doing much less damage to that specific crit resist body part. That's bad. Means you can end the raid without killing the crit resist part. No rare drop roll for you. Or anyone else.

So either way, it's not a good idea to use a crit dmg lead skill. Either the boss can't be crit killed, or it shouldn't be crit killed. The second thing is actually a bigger problem for Avant, since... I mean, it's one thing if his lead skill's partially nerfed. He's just a BIT worse than Sirius lead there. Here, in this situation, Avant is actively fucking you over.

With your units, your raid setup should probably be something like Sirius (Lead) + Elza/Vern (Also can lead), Krantz (SP for two turn dmg reduction/mitigation), Lara (do not SP for mitigation), and something else in the last slot depending on your preferences and what your friend is.

Which is exactly what Eleiryn says. And it's also what you were already doing, because, c'mon, let's be fair to you - you've done some research into what the units do, clearly. You probably have some idea of these things, just not the details.

Your raid setup right now is basically okay. You might not be seeing good results because your units aren't fully maxed out, or you might need to change up your strategies. RC6 bosses can be brutal, so we sometimes do stuff like smoke bomb, run away, come back, etc.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Virgilio Bautista and Tonst3r like this.