New player

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Kirix, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Kirix

Kirix Commander

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Azeal
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hi everyone

I came back after a long hiatus and lost my account so i decided to create a new account since most of my units are most likely out of date.

I have no idea what is the meta now and what should i look out for. What are some units should i get and is there any event i should look out for? (such as summoning, etc)
    My units are Selena and Pixy Royal Leore

I appreciate your help and thank you.

2. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Well if you new Juno and ensa just got a update not as strong as they where first but worth going for and both have a 15 pull safety net the meta has basically shifted to having atleast 2 unit with an es that give extra 5% midi putting you at base 55-60% midi oh and we now have 180-200% tri stat boosters with 100%+ conversion so that pritty far form the old 150% tri and 70% conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    First, generally we assume in long term, only focus on units with Omni evo. Of the two units you've named, Selena goes to Omni, Leore does not.

At a very bare minimum, speaking in general terms - for a general purpose, do most content, main squad... you need the following. These would be buffs on BB/SBB rather than lead skills or UBB, ES:
    - a mitigator, a unit who does 50% dmg reduction/mitigation on BB/SBB (preferably an Omni with at least two turn duration) - this is not a comprehensive list but notable stronger examples are Amus, Vail & Vidron, Ilm, Nagid, Elimo, the recently buffed Juno-Seto, Senbonzakura Miku, Rain, Erza Scarlet, Chloe, and so on. Many of those are event summons only tho, some of which are unlikely to return.
    - status ailment cleanse/removal - too many examples to list
    - some form of healing, usually at minimum heal over three turns (HoT) - too many healers to list, but some examples of all-in-one package healers, Elimo, Cleria, Amus, Phileine, Linasera, Neferet, Eriana, Lumis, Rinon, Lunaris, Allanon
    - spark dmg buff - again, too many examples to list, but Regil and Lukroar are notable as they also carry meta lead skills
    - sparks fill BB gauge (BB/spark) buff - again, too many examples to list, but Roglizer, Daltisk, Cleria are likely worth mentioning as space efficient picks for this effect

Note that this is a wish list of effects, some units will do more than one role, e.g. some mitigators may also be healers and ailment cleansers, doing all in one slot. Or a healer may also offer some of the spark related buffs.

For regular non-Guild Raid and such you'll want a dmg lead of some kind, ideally NOT crit based. For quest and account XP farming/levelling you will want one of the five leads who does account XP boost - two are seasonal units, only Zelnite, Shion, Roglizer are summonable year-round, that order's from worst to best, Zelnite is weakest, Rog is strongest of the three.

For harder content, e.g. boss fights and the like, you will also ideally want:
    - dmg reduction/mitigation on lead skill to stack with the BB/SBB version - ideally Regil, Alan, Zelion, Lukroar, also things like Azurai, Shida... and stuff like Cleria, Phileine, Mordlim, Rain, etc.
    - BB fill when squad is attacked/damaged buff - Daltisk is the most notable one, but this is common, e.g. several units mentioned above also carry this
    - stat buffs, at least def, preferably atk/def or atk/def/rec - Shion, Alan, many others
    - def relative to other stat buff (stacking on top of regular def) - Roglizer, Nagid, Amus, Ilm, Phileine, Neferet, many others do this
    - some bosses may also require ailment inflict, some may want crit/ele/debuff null, crit null in particular - Amadream, Roglizer, Ensa-Taya, but many do this
    - atk debuff is useful but technically not hard required
    - there are certain useful UBBs that people bring to boss fights, e.g. rez, 80% chance of not dying (KO resistance), three turn mitigation, but that's an in an ideal world sort of thing. Rez UBB ... Limilnate, Nimune, Feng, others... KO res, Gabriela, Holia, Zalvard, Nagid, Janice, Beiorg, prob'ly a few more, spammable three turn mit, just Shion and Allanon, but slightly shittier three turn mit is common, just most everyone's a bit worse than Shion/Allanon for that due to Shion/Allanon being 'cheaper' effectively as they refund 50% OD gauge.

For Frontier Hunter/Crit squads, you'll want a different setup entirely, build is damage oriented with crit lead, crit dmg UBB, crit rate/dmg buffs, spark dmg buff, maybe element add and elemental dmg bonus. Squad ideally wants 2x identical paired nuke (high dmg) units for sparking between the two -some very tailored builds can use 4x identical units but this is rare. This sort of build brings no healer or mitigator. Meta crit leads are things like Snow Miku (but she's event stuff), so for non event leads... ehn, Zegstia, Barion, maybe even still Avant in a pinch. Or element-specific crit leads.

For Guild Raid boss killing you'd want a hybrid of the regular/boss battle squad and a FH/crit style damage squad, depends a bit on your guild's strategy and activity level. For Guild Raid elite farm you use an FH/crit squad. There's a set of GR specific leads... the Zeis batch, some like Zeis come from guild rewards, some like Galea, Wahannon are rare summon. There's a corresponding set of GR specific subs (non-lead members) split across guild rewards and rare summon also, the Laressa batch, e.g. Laressa is rare summon, Ravea, Savei, are guild rewards.

For arena/colosseum you want a lead skill with ABP/CBP bonus. LS should be atk or normal hit based, maybe things like BB activation rate, don't get crit or spark LS. Squad members... prioritise units with KO resistance passives of some kind, in ES or SP options, things like ailment inflict, low hit count high dmg attack, direct BB gauge boosts, etc. sometimes 50% mitigation... there are a few things that work, but prioritise the KO resist. Meta arena/colo leads... Amadream, Wintia perhaps, things like Glenn for mixed ele... or the element-specific leads like Blaze, Sae, Ciardha, etc.

4. Kirix

Kirix Commander

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Azeal
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Thank you for your advises
    Is there currently any summoning events that i should take note of???

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Mm... right now there's Frontier Hunter Resummon, which allows you to draw two at the same time, and then 'throw one back' for another draw if you don't like one of the two. That's a pretty good gimmick but it doesn't particularly guarantee you super-useful stuff.

The Easter Summon is... probably not super recommended, I'd say, Ellie's the rate up unit there, but Ellie's tailored more for fire-only squads, you see. She's strong enough to use in regular mixed squad... I guess you could go for her if you want but I'd hesitate to say it's a must-pull.

The Juno-Seto and Ensa-Taya gates have guaranteed/safety net summoning... back in the old days this was more common, they stopped doing it for a while. Now that the game's towards the end of its life cycle, I guess they can be kind again. As in, summon X number of units, and you will get a copy of the featured unit guaranteed. That makes these 'safe' gates to pull from to some degree. If you do these, I'd prioritise Juno-Seto a bit more over Ensa. Juno-Seto is a mitigator, a 50% dmg reduction buffer, and you NEED a mitigator, it's must-have, it's the tank equiv in this game, gotta have one. Juno and Ensa were buffed recently, FYI, in case you see any older comments saying they're now out of date. They were just updated for this gate/banner.

6. Kirix

Kirix Commander

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Azeal
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I have just gotten Seductive Enticer Luina, Jade Commander Gyras, Waning Moon Mizo Dorte, Noble Guardian Segrud, and Lambent Flicker Cleria

Are they useful??

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  7. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    TL;DR - Cleria is the best of this lot and one of the top healers in the game. The rest aren't that remarkable.

Luina isn't that great, has ailment cleanse/removal and an odd mix of heal and BB gauge boosts. Cleria is better.

Cleria is one of the best healer/cleanse units in the game, Cleria also has a good lead skill for boss fighting and carries two essential BB gauge fill effects.

Gyras is for squad lead in mono-earth (earth only) builds, especially when fighting thunder bosses. He's quite good in that role but has limited use beyond this. He is used by people who do competitive Guild Raid but he's not great for general mixed ele building.

Segrud is for normal hit increase, boosting normal attacks (not BB, SBB, UBB, just the regular tap simple attack). This is useful for certain bosses, e.g. Elgif farming in vortex, but not required in regular gameplay - it's a specific strategy for use vs. certain bosses.

Mizo Dorte is an elemental damage buffer and can be a crit buffer. Usable... you'll probably want someone around for crit and EWD at least but these are relatively common effects, and there are better crit buffer units out there. Mizo Dorte does the job but he is not a popular pick. Note that ele dmg buff refers to... buffing, say, fire dmg dealt by an actual fire unit in your own squad to earth enemies. It only works with actual fire units attacking earth, or actual water attacking fire, etc, does not synergise with units that make other squad member attacks count as X element, e.g. Shion.

8. Kirix

Kirix Commander

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Azeal
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I have just gotten another 3 units.
    How about Dark Swordsman Neviro, Emerald Knight Hisui, and Guile Demon Mora??

Once again thank you very much for your help

9. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Happy to help. This probably saves you some wondering about whether the units are worthwhile.

So, these three are good pulls for you, Hisui in particular. You should raise Hisui, and then either Neviro or Mora (choose between Neviro/Mora, whichever you prefer). Your squad would be :earth:Hisui, :thunder:Cleria, :dark:Neviro (OR :light:Mora) with two empty squad spaces remaining. You'd use Neviro/Mora lead for easier content, and Cleria (or Hisui) lead when fighting bosses.

:earth:Hisui is a 50% dmg reduction/mitigation buffer, what we call a 'mitigator'. This is like the tank role for Brave Frontier, though instead of a tank we take a unit who does squad-wide reduction to dmg taken. Squad needs a healer and mitigator, then damage buffs - you get the idea. Hisui does need to be max Omni Evolution with enhancements unlocked (max level 150, BB and SBB 10, UBB/ES unlocked) to work as a mitigator though. He does not have the buff by default, he must add it (and then expand it to two turn duration) with enhancement purchase via SP. Omni units can add optional effects via SP, you see, with each unit having its own spec stuff. Hisui also does stat buffs and has a usable lead skill for hard battles (though Cleria's is generally slightly better unless you specifically need stuff on Hisui LS). Hisui is considered a bit out of date these days, but he's your only mitigator... and you need a mitigator... so you raise Hisui, even though he's a little old. He still gets the job done, yeah?

:dark:Neviro and :light:Mora are spark dmg buffers. Neviro is also a damage dealer and can be SP'd at Omni to do status ailment inflict (useful vs. bosses). Mora on the other hand bundles some spark related buffs in, and has high hit count (which helps the entire squad to spark). Either works for you, because... well, Mora is spark dmg buff + sparks fill BB gauge, whereas Neviro is just spark dmg buff but NO sparks fill gauge. A squad wants both effects... BUT in your case, Cleria also provides sparks fill BB gauge, so you can use Neviro with no trouble. Either works, really. Pros and cons to each pick. It is worth mentioning that status ailments ARE hard-required for certain bosses, but... really only certain bosses, under normal circumstances you won't need 'em. So you could either use Neviro full-time, or you could go with Mora and only sub Neviro in when you need Neviro... or use a friend slot for the ailment inflict stuff... or use some other ailment unit.

Hisui + Cleria + Neviro/Mora will cover you for most things that a squad needs, in all honesty... which is good, that's pretty slot efficient, and you have two squad spaces to play with for optional things.