New Players General Guide

Discussion in 'Phantom of the Kill' started by oppai, Jun 24, 2016.

1. oppai

oppai

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    mostly bb boosters :l
    Level:
    rising
    Currently Playing:
    Phantom of the kill/dota 2
    Read the Potk guide posted above for a general view of the game.

1. Complete the new player missions, This will give you a 5* unit (laevetein M or F depending on your choice)
    >takes 2 days complete due to one mission being "login for 2 days)

2. Progress through the story and do the rookie recruiter when ever possible (if you plan on continuing the game longtime)
    >if you only want the collab units, do the featured gacha. Not recommended if you plan on continuing the game long time.

3. Complete the "lessons from a goddess" of a good stash of lazuli and a free healer, asclepius. Very good as a free healer (the best free healer tbh)

4. 4* units are not trash. They are usefull for most early part of the game. DO NOT ******* SELL ALL 4*
    >some 4* have a 5* form thats not yet released so have patience

5. Look out for rampage events, they tend to come once a month and yield very good free units that can be farmed
    * easiest way is to add OP AF friends who solo those quests and get free units

UNITS OF WORTH

Melee :

All offensive 5* that we have now is extremely good. (including mana units though certain conditions apply)

>Flying Units are currently insta godmode. Why? > free unobstructed movement
    > Self heal passive (most of em have this)
    > High SPR (a big fuck you to mgc units)
    > Strong PVP
    Examples: Mitum M -> all round solid unit.
    Great leaderskill for mono axe squads
    Incredibly good Utility Ult that scales well late game

Mitum F -> Same as above (has a potential 6* in future)

Durandal F -> ~100% evasion nuff said (and has a potential 6* in future MOAR EVASION)

Luin F -> OHKO fanatics rejoice

> Ground units
    Most walking/ground units are good. Mounted units are similar to flying units minus the unobstructed movement.
    > Armored units, takes 1 damage from anything physical WOW SO OP WOWOWOWOW instantly dies to anything magical not so OP now eh :p and horrendous spd stat so dont expect ant 2x hit out of them

ALL MELEE UNITS CAN HAVE A RANGED CLASS WEAPON (none for sword types Atm or as far as i know)

Ranged Units

> Staff users:
    Extremely strong early game offensively. Falls off hard for later content.
    All squads "MUST" have atleast one healer in my opinion

Examples: Gambetein M : very strong defensively thanks to his Ult skill (75% damage reduction on all incoming damage, decent Proc rates)

Asclepius F : AOE heal Passive and a long range heal (her unique ability) <----- PLUS WAIFU <3 <3 <3

Any healer would do tbh, as long you dont try to go rambo with them.

> Archers :
    Tend to have strong Crit passives, High spd
    AI TENDS LOVE ARCHERS CAUSE OF THEIR BOOTIFUL SEX APPEAL
    Have a 2~2 range hence units that come up their faces tend to rape them (some weapons tend to reduce that problem)

Examples : Apollo M : SEXY AF (dat ult doe <3) Priya Seal of Approval <3

Apollo F: Lolicon

Artemis F: ...........

>Gunners:
    Fucking insane damage
    Mgc is not resisted much at all ingame, (they have a fucking bazooka as a weapon what more do you want? )
    They do drain their own HP when attacking, so a healer is works extremely well with them.

Examples : Yata No Kagami M : Incredibly strong gunner
    weak defenses
    shitty movement

Friekugel F : Has a 1-3 range on her abilities and only free gunner iirc (with 5*!)

BRA master: BEWBS

Feel free to add things i may have missed, just did a quickie to help out all the players starting PotK for collab reasons

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
    Genclone and Henshen like this.
  2. Fluffles

Fluffles Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Korzan, Zedus, Zenia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Myself... HOHOHOHOHO
    Gear Tips:

1. Gears range from 1* to 5* and you must have the same * proficiency in order to use them.
    2. In order to level up proficiency, just use a 1* weapon on a unit and keep hitting something with it.
    3. In order to level up your gear, keep hitting something with it.
    4. Fusing 2 gears doesn't have any difference with fusing 5.
    5. Fusing the same kind of gear (sword and sword) will give a result bias of itself, however the chances of other gear being the result is still there.
    6. General rule of thumb is, the more expensive a fusion is, the better the chances. For example, standard 2 2* weapons being fused costs 400 however there are higher tier gear than would cost up to 700, they stand a better chance of making a 3*.
    7. Fusion has a 2* floor/ceiling for results, meaning a 3* fusion attempt could result in a 5* or a 1*.
    8. Sometimes, fusing gear could result a special "statted" gear, however some gear do have stats stuck along with them.
    9. Gear has notable parts, DMG, WGT, Stat, and Anti.
    10. Damage dictates how much damage is added, this is raw and is attached directly. (STR = 50 + DMG = 16 -> 66 P ATK)
    11. WGT affects your SPD and by extension the chances of you doing a double attack. Note that most 5* gear have WGT of 3+ while 4* gear could have as low as 1.
    12. Stat just adds stats... Well, nothing much to add.
    13. Anti gives you advantage of some units, bows have a built in Anti against mounted units, dealing x2 DMG to horses and x3 DMG to winged. Other weapons get Anti-Dragon or Anti-Armor, this however doesn't increase damage but drastically reduces your enemy's ACC.
    14. It's not really a bad idea to buy weapons with Battle Medals or Colo currency.
    15. There are actually "Golden Gear" that has a + prefix with them. They have slightly higher stats but no other information is on them as of now.
    16. As of now, there are only a few recipes and the base recipes tend to be bad since they require a lot of specific gear and could simply be acquired through regular fusing.

Unit Tips:

1. Typing doesn't matter much however Growth is the one you are looking for. A VIT unit could have much higher stats if it has better growth than a DEX unit.
    2. Check the Archives (Menu -> Archives) to see if the unit you've got is 5* capable, make sure it is the same image.
    3. The game follows a typical rock paper scissors for weapons, if it loses, it's ACC suffers.
    4. Another one is element, but it boosts damage by 1.3x.
    5. Unlock Character skills by reaching 5* and doing the respective quest on the Character Quest menu.
    6. Limit Break only when the unit is 5* (or at least maximum *) and level 30. This is important since it unlocks the character skill unique only to the unit.
    7. Skills can be leveled up by using the same unit OR using another unit with the same skill, this is good to remember when you have a lot of units from Lazuli summon that you know you're not gonna use it.
    8. Mana summoned 1 * and 2* units tend to be useless as they are not good for fusing since Dolls fill up that spot. However, as stated above, some of them could be evolved to 4* so take that into consideration.
    9. Growth does change after you evolve a unit.

Battle Tips:

1. Take advantage of terrain as they could absolutely help you or put you in a disadvantage. Churches and Support Platforms also heal you by 20% of your Max HP.
    2. Take advantage of chokepoints as well, placing a tank with a ranged unit behind it could make an easy fight.
    3. Flying units, once again, are godlike as they could access terrains such as Cliff, giving a huge bonus to them.
    4. Ranged units tend to get easily aggroed, keep them as far away from the fight or make sure to kill the enemy unit immediately.
    5. LCK dictates the drop rate of items.
    6. Absolutely stay away from any enemy unit that could crit as even a measly 10+% could proc and kill your own and ruining the lazuli challenge.
    7. Place your units side by side or adjacent to each other to activate "Friend" bonus.
    8. Remember to at least bring some potions in a fight since you'll never know when you'll need it.
    9. Never solo a dungeon with a Gunner, chances are, they'll kill themselves.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Genclone and oppai like this.
  3. zos

zos

Leader:
    Laevateinn
    5. LCK dictates the drop rate of items.
    Does this mean if I am farming for a unit from event, I should bring a unit with higher luck to farm and thus increase the drop rate?

4. Fluffles

Fluffles Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Korzan, Zedus, Zenia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Myself... HOHOHOHOHO
    Pretty much, Balance has the highest cap for LCK with no downsides but it still depends on growth.

zos likes this.
  5. zos

zos

Leader:
    Laevateinn
    my Durandal have 27 luck.... guess ill use her to farm Salena... spend I've done over 25 runs already.. still no luck :(

6. HeroOfLightPKN

HeroOfLightPKN Phoebus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Retired
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Let me get something straight. When limit breaking a unit, I should level the fodder to max level and fuse them 1 at a time with 4 dolls for maximum effect?

7. Fluffles

Fluffles Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Korzan, Zedus, Zenia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Myself... HOHOHOHOHO
    Only get the fodder to 30 since it unlocks all skills. You can fuse them with dolls since they should give 100% chance of success but it's not really necessary.

8. Elrosque

Elrosque Hellhound

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Selena
    Level:
    Currently Playing:
    POTK
    what do i do with those Brave Recipe books that are dropped from the crossover quests?
    Should i fuse with the fiery sword? :p

9. Elrosque

Elrosque Hellhound

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Selena
    Level:
    Currently Playing:
    POTK
    what is the optimal way to use those Brave Recipe books?
    How do i get Lexida n Eminent Lexy

10. zos

zos

Leader:
    Laevateinn
    Farm the books from the Collab Quest and use the recipe provided in the fuse system.

5x books = Lex or the Spear
    2 x Lex 4* + recipe book 2* + 2 Quest Books = 5* Lex
    Same goes for the spear but replace the 2* sword book for the spear book.

or u can just use 1x 4* Lex or spear + 4 Quest books = 5* versions.

11. Elrosque

Elrosque Hellhound

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Selena
    Level:
    Currently Playing:
    POTK
    wuttt? u sure those are in the recipe list?
    but thank you very much for pointing that out.. i've been burning those books like no tmr lol

12. Elrosque

Elrosque Hellhound

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Selena
    Level:
    Currently Playing:
    POTK
    5 brave books gave me a great sword T.T
    why...