New to Brave Frontier!

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Nickocko, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Nickocko

Nickocko

Server:
    European
    Leader:
    Bolt Gun Rowgen
    Hello Every one!

So, I'm just startingwith this game, and for now, I have very few questions for a good start...

-I come from Puzzle and Dragon, and I'm concerned with re-roll... I'm not sure how reroll is important in BF. As it's difficult to find and understand Tier list in this game when you are a newbie....
    For now, my first summon is Bolt Gun Rowen - Breaker (not sure of the typing). I read some posts on the Internet, but as this game and its mechanics are new to me, I can't tell if I can keep that unit and go through the game or if I must rerool for a better one....

-Is there better times to spend stones to invoc units? Should I have to wait for special events, or can I use stones and invoc a unit a soon as I can?

-Have you some advices for a really new player?

Thanks for your help!!

2. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Re rolling isn't so important in global for a few reason you get get the basic mandatory unit buffs free the starters namely magress Selena Atro are all very strong usable units and you get them off honour summon ( basically free summon using friend points) you are also guaranteed a mandatory buff called stat conversion which is needed for harder content via gazia trial he's basically your stepping stone to higher content
    If you intend to summon you should wait for exclusives and just go through quest and stock pile your gems
    In terms of what unit to keep so long as it's not a dupe ( exact same unit) it's worth keeping as a lot of old units are likely to get an upgrade
    Also few more things you should Learn now mainly the holy trinity for basic party build
    Midigator ( reduces damage by 50%)
    Status cure/immune ( make sure you can actually use your skills)
    Bc management ( anything from bc on hit to bc on spark along with a bunch more Iam not gonna get into yet)
    Make sure these buffs are covered at all times
    And if you need more help just ask the forum

Ps if you want an easy time make a new topic asking for friends a lot of strong people will add you regardless of your level since a lot of people like helping noobie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Nickocko

Nickocko

Server:
    European
    Leader:
    Bolt Gun Rowgen
    Ok, thank you for your answers!

Three more questions for now:
    -Should I try some more pulls for now, to have a team made of special units? That way, I might level them as I go through quests...? Or should I go on with my current team (Selena/Bolt Rowen/feeders) till interesting banners are on?
    -Are the currents banners (Vocaloid, ancient Heroes,...) worthi it putting in some gems?
    -Is there on this forum a topic where interesting exclusives are shown?

4. siegfried.bautista

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Pulling is really up to you if you want to since your new your gem stock will be huge since there is a fair amount of quest to do if you do however wanna pull you wanna aim for Eleanor as she's a strong midi and usable for arena too so two birds with one stone in terms of banners worth pulling best hag around the forum And gauge if a banner is good Based on the posted topics but it's usually safe to save for exclusive since like I said your given very strong units via starter and gazia
    In terms of interesting exclusive there is no topic with them all but hey ask the forum I can't remember all the exclusive as we have server different batches the ones I remember and that is currently still meta are the final fantasy brave evxius collaboration units and the recently upgraded xmass unit names are rain,fina,lasswell,lid and zeruhia rain and zeruhia being the most popular lead so they are fairly common to come by if you wanna try them

Also forgot to Mention since your new ask the forum for a guild there is a lot of advantages in join mainly a sort of in game chat or if your join a lot of the guilds on this forum they use a chatting app not only will they give advice to new player but also give bonus to gold Karma and exp so it's really good to find one now

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Uh, I hate to point this out, but @siegfried.bautista is talking about the situation on Brave Frontier Global, and all the units he's named are examples of good Global exclusives.

The thing is, I don't think @Nickocko is on Global. He's mentioned a Vocaloid and Ancient Heroes banner - and I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about, since there are no such banners up in the summon gate at the moment.

This makes me suspect that he's actually on Brave Frontier Europe...that's the most likely possibility.

See, there are three major versions of the game. The original Brave Frontier Japan (JP), Brave Frontier Global, and Brave Frontier Europe (EU).

BF Global is fairly close to BF JP, it's about two months behind JP for releases, and has its own exclusive stuff - not just units, but content and modes like guilds, guild raid, and so on.

BF EU is about...six months to a year behind BF JP for unit and content release, depending on what we're talking about. It has its own exclusive stuff, but generally speaking the EU game is in an...odd place. Perhaps to compensate for the fact it's the most behind the JP game, the EU exclusive stuff is...problematic in balance terms, more so than Global even.

The EU exclusives are different from Global exclusives. What Siegfried listed are Global units.

This forum primarily serves Brave Frontier Global - not many people here play EU. There is an EU subforum catering to that.

This matters because if you ask a Global player for advice - like what's happened here - they will start naming units, talking about game modes...and that's all meaningless for you, since EU doesn't have the same shit.

Since the majority of the English speaking community is also Global oriented, it similarly means a lot of the stuff elsewhere - YouTube videos, Reddit guides, etc are useless or misleading for you. There are English EU resources but a lot of it is in French or German, naturally.

In general, though, in BF rerolling is less crucial than most mobile gatcha games. This is because you get a higher ratio of good pulls to trash pulls if you summon from the right gates - typically aim for divine summon gates (which give units from Alpha batch onwards) or ones that have a higher chance of Omni potential units.

Unit type in Brave Frontier (Lord, Oracle, Breaker, Anima, Guardian) doesn't matter so much, it is a very minor variation in stats. What matters is who the unit is.

6. siegfried.bautista

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Oh I didn't see him mention vocaloids yea if your on eu they are a lot different form us as I don't think they have the safety net of gazia so if you need the conversion your pritty much at the mercy of rare summons
    Well since your still new and unless you happen to like eu great but if you happen to feel like join global it should be fun since we have a guild raid trial type thiggy going on not to mention a programable inbuilt macro system no offence to eu player hell I play eu ever now and the but give global a try too

7. Nickocko

Nickocko

Server:
    European
    Leader:
    Bolt Gun Rowgen
    Ok, thanks for those replies...
    Effectiviely, I might be on BF Europe....
    After reading Acyl's post, I think I should change and migrate to BF Global; which appears to be a better version of the game!

Thanks again, dudes!

8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Better or worse is debatable. BF Global has a larger English-speaking population, is much more up to date, and is perceived as having better exclusive content. BF Europe is pretty good at giving players free stuff and the European community team/GMs seem like fun people. I can't speak at length about Europe because I don't play it.

It should be noted that if your country's app store(s) list the BF Europe client by default, it means you need to jump through some hoops to get the Global client. Android users can download the Global APK from the web, usually from third party fan sites. iOS users (and Android as well I guess) can create an American account or whatever and download from the American App Store.

There are fairly detailed instructions available online on how to do this, as it is common for people in other countries to use the American app store (or Australian app store, or whatever) to get hold of apps that haven't been released in their own countries.