New to the game...

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius' started by rain.wijaya, Nov 14, 2016.

1. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    Add me up..

I got elza for my pull.. dunno whether is good or not..

have karl, cyan, shadow also.. What should i do actually, still low lvl at lvl 5, lol

2. Kiyoji21

Kiyoji21 Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Stuff
    Level:
    700+
    Elza is a very, very good unit. Especially for someone just starting. Karl is also pretty good for new players.

Atm, you can farm this event to grab some of the prizes. Not sure how difficult it will be for you though. Level 1 might be your limit. But with an Elza and Karl in your team, you'll get a 1.75x bonus to the Karma drop rate so you may be able to pick up a couple of nice things.

But if the event is proving too difficult, you could just continue with the story to rack up some lapis to do some pulls on the FF3 banner while it's still around. I would highly recommend pulling on this banner since it has everything a new player could need. Refia is and will continue to be a top tier healer from here on out. Arc is currently the best black mage you can get. Ingus is an easily attainable full breaker that would be an asset to you. Luneth is also very good, but not something you should go after.

3. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    Thanks @Kiyoji21 :) Hmm.. should i wait to get 5000 lapis to pull 11 summon or just do single pull for the summon? What is the Karma do in this game?

I have Arc though.. but dunno whether he is good or not :))

Hmm..
    I have the units below:
    Rydia
    Kain
    Cyan (2) -_-
    Galuf (2)
    Maria <- should i lvl up her or just wait for fina to show up?

How can you increase the Trust master actually? I already beat the level 1, not sure for level 2 for the frontier event, havent tried yet.

4. Kiyoji21

Kiyoji21 Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Stuff
    Level:
    700+
    If you can save up 5000 and are willing to commit to the 11 pulls, then sure, go that route. When you do an 11 pull, you are guaranteed a yellow crystal. Might not make a whole lot of difference, but its something.

This BF collab is a "collection" type event. During these events, you run a particular stage over and over to collect a type of currency from defeated enemies. You then turn in that currency to King Mog in the Farplane for prizes. The currency for this event is Karma.

Arc is a very good mage because he comes with an innate Dual Cast ability which makes his potential damage output very high. That's the reason why he's the best mage currently.

Maria is a serviceable healer if you've got nothing else, but Fina is much better. It shouldn't take too long before she becomes available. There are better versions of Fina in the RS (Refia being one of them), but for a free unit, she can't be beat. She's really useful because she comes with Cheer which is a DEF/ATK buff. Very useful.

After every dungeon you complete you have a 10% chance to increase a units TM by 0.1%. Usually when people grind TM, they run the first stage of Earth Shrine over and over again since it's only 2 battles and costs 1 energy. A lot of people use macros to farm this (you can google more info if you're interested) since doing it manually will destroy your sanity. There are also Trust Moogles which when fused to a unit, will increase their TM by a certain %. The gold ones that we've been getting increase TMs by 10% while the yet to be released blue ones increase TMs by 5%.

Also, the wiki is a good source of info: https://exviuswiki.com/Main_Page

5. Henshen

Henshen Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (forever changing; Regil/Rain/Shion)
    Level:
    500+ (SM:160)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Summoner Mode
    For those starting out, I'd recommend doing a couple 10+1 summons to get a unit pool going.

Karma are pretty much "event points" for this BF crossover. Bring it to the moogle king inside the Farplane (vortex) to redeem them for various rewards, like metal gigantuar (BF equivalent of a crystal) and summoning tickets

At 5* lvl 80, Arc can dualcast two separate spells in the same turn, so he's pretty good if you need plenty of magic damage

Maria probably can hold you off just until you obtain Fina while progressing through the story

3 ways to gain trust:
    --------
    -10% chance (per individual unit) to gain 0.1% trust every quest completion (also the most common way to gain them, but takes a long time. Marcos might be a little risky)

-Trust Moogles. Pretty rare, but grants 10% trust to a unit. (also supposedly other types of moogles later on, such as 5% and unit-exclusive versions)

-Enchancing/Fusing the same units together. (not recommended for strong TMs like Zidane's.) The unit in question will gain the dupe's current amount of trust and adds +5%. (ex. Kain A has 7% trust and Kain B has 4%. Kain B gets fused with Kain A, now Kain A has 16% trust.)

6. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    Thank you for the long explanation.. I just summoned again, got Leo, Edgar, Locke, Anzelm and Ingus..
    The suffer for collecting 5000 lapis is real... it's so hard to get the good unit, should I just reroll again to get better unit? Eventhough I got Elza :|

I have tried the 2nd stage of BF vortex and lost in the 1st stage, i think it's because all my units are too low lvl..

What is the best way to level up fast all my units? Should I just follow the story wise or try to collect the karma in the vortex?

7. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    Thanks for the explanation :)

Any good recommendation for the team to use:

Maybe: Elza, Karl, Ingus, Arc and Leo?

I have Rydia, Locke, Kain,Shadow,Galuf, Maria, Egdar and anzelm

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  8. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
  9. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    Your FL is full

Add me whenever 105295406

10. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    oops, i have sent you request, thanks :)

11. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    Finally get 5000 lapis and i got 2 refia from 5000 lapis.. i dunno whether i should be happy or not, the other 9 i got was 3 vivi T_T bedile, lani, cyan, rydia, galuf, russel

The gate are sux i would say..

12. Henshen

Henshen Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Summoner Mode
    Refia goes up to 6*s and is considered one of the strongest healers out there (especially if you get your hands on a dualcast tm), so it isn't too bad of a pull. Well worth raising, imo.

13. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    Hmm.. but i dont have good squad to harvest the material for Refia 6* Any recommendation what I should do?

14. Henshen

Henshen Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Summoner Mode
    If you need a couple fast levels for your starting units, try running "Chamber of Experience- ADV" with only a single unit at a time and a strong friend lead. (preferably starting with your Elza)

Otherwise continue questing to procure a decent set of equipment for your party.

15. rain.wijaya

rain.wijaya Aion

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    I am still level 15 :D may I friend request you if you dont mind? I need a strong friend lead actually. Thanks

16. Henshen

Henshen Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Summoner Mode
    Request sent.

While it isn't as strong as Sustainer's behemoth of a monster, my Luneth should still get the job done- and then some. (likely can solo the int difficulty of the BF collab vortex, but not adv. That's hard even for full 5* teams)

rain.wijaya likes this.