New Years Unit Choice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Focuss, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Focuss

Focuss

Friend ID:
    Focus
    Leader:
    Hisui
    Who’s taking who for their free unit??? Discuss!!!

Personally I’m torn between Michele, Ciara, or Rhoa. Leaning toward Michele. Any reason I shouldn’t take Michele (or the other two I’m into)?

2. IGN_Potato

IGN_Potato Saint

Leader:
    Feeva
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I’m going to complain about this UOC since these units are fairly older and only bring low end/decent stats for being omni evolvable. They have decent buffs but nothing fancy to excite me. But besides that, I think for myself I’m either going for Krantz or Shida as of right now. Krantz because Krantz is still decent and was used by many before many of these newer omni units (I had recently returned from two years of absence so I never got the chance to summon Krantz). Shida...well I regret selling my Shida back in the days plus I’m looking for some dark units that might work well in building my mono dark squad. WHAT is your reason behind the unit(s) you have in mind?

3. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Who ever I feel like
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    Personally Im going for Michelle as I had her then she suddenly dissapeared from my inventory :(

Focuss likes this.
  4. joshua123_4

joshua123_4 Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Alice, Shion, Amus, Nyami
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    I want to go for Zelnite since I don't have him, yet have legendary thief 5 tablet and his alt art. Besides him, I'm leaning towards Elimo or Krantz.

5. Focuss

Focuss

Friend ID:
    Focus
    Leader:
    Hisui
    My reasons: Angel with a big gun. Mad scientist with rockets. Moon girl with dogs that look like mine.

I’m purely aesthetic lol.

6. Focuss

Focuss

Friend ID:
    Focus
    Leader:
    Hisui
    Question: is the stat increase better if, for example, I take a Breaker unit at like 3* and then level him all the way up on my own? Or will the extra growth be equally accounted for if I just pick the unit at 7*?

Some games stuff like that makes a huge difference, others it doesn’t.

7. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    This is one of those games where it does NOT really make a difference. Go for the highest evo.

Basically in BF you don’t get any EXTRA stats, the unit just has some percentage deviation from baseline depending on type, but anything you gain is proportionately lost from elsewhere. Total stats are still the same regardless. Breaker is just a tendency for more atk and less... def, IIRC.

Hell, for that matter, there’s not much difference between Breaker and other types either. It’s about approx 300 more atk, 300 less def, which isn’t that much.

Focuss likes this.
  8. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Leader janai, Katsura da!
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Whatever is missing from the Pokedex :rolleyes:

Focuss likes this.
  9. IGN_Potato

IGN_Potato Saint

Leader:
    Feeva
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I assume that we’re allowed to pick their rarity because some people might not want to omni evolve their unit, otherwise stats are all within the same specs whether you recieve them at a lower rarity or omni. Breaker types are generally better than Lord or Oracle but it depends on the unit. If the units buff focuses toward attack etc then I’d be fairly happy with a breaker, if the unit’s buff focuses toward defense then guardian would suffice for that purpose (sure you had some or more knowledge in what type would be more useful for what unit). If you’re going for “aesthetics/collection”, my personal preference would be Anima just because high HP and generally well balanced attack+defense plus I’d say that a good amount of people would choose Anima too over any other type and choose omni rarity, it just makes life simpler unless you want to go through the whole oldschool thing of using excessive resources to see it evolve.

10. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Dont think I saw Nyala on that list, because of course.(n)
    I felt a tad underwhelmed on the last UOC, but at least I could pick Galtier for an 60% abp lead unit, but here, really not sure I'll find anything usable. Not to say I wont find anything enjoyable, my pokedex is missing quite a few.:oops: I've been mocked for a lack of Elza since her first appearance in the 6* era, but resolving that via OUC feels off, so I'll probs go for the 2nd unit I've never quite noise pulled that everyone else seemed to have had- Feeva.:p

11. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Idk.. I don't have Shion, Regil, Ezra Scarlet, Natsu.. don't know what is on the list but I like those.

12. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Oh, literally none of those are on the list. Thats just swell

13. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Ok, I'm relatively new to this game.. like 5 months in. Been playing fanatically since I started. Spent about 100 bucks. Gotta say I've already got units that dwarf pretty much all of these. Virtually none of them have any value to me. That being said, I'd like to make the best of it. Currently have it narrowed down to 18 of them.. I kinda like michelle, and when I started I thought fei/fang was awesome so I might go that route.

Maybe the best move is to plan ahead for the next next VA. I think next is fire and I have a squad for that.. next next im pretty sure is water, so maybe I'll go with one of the three water units I picked out as being "maybe not totally useless": Savia, Belfura, Colt.

14. IGN_Potato

IGN_Potato Saint

Leader:
    Feeva
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    That’s why “returned” units are pretty lame. I was so happy we were getting UoC since I missed the november one and the last time I played before returning to bf was when they had their first or second ever UoC. But then I found out it was returned heroes...lol. These older units with omni evo are just decent imo. I’m sure gumi didn’t want to do anything incredibly powering to these units since many players already own them and that wouldn’t help players desire newer units as much. Even their stats are meh compared to those of today, which disappoints me. Like I have probably said in here, this new year’s UoC is more for collecting/minor additions to some squads, nothing too special.