Newbie seeking squad advice after RSing

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by PhelistoGTR, Sep 27, 2014.

1. PhelistoGTR

PhelistoGTR Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Orna / Elza / Zelnite / Luther
    Level:
    14-
    Hi everyone! Like I've mentioned on an intro post, I just burned 60 gems trying to pull Zelnite from this summon batch and failed. But I did end up with a ton of new units (for me) that I know have potential in certain squads and would like input on a good quest squad and arena squad. I've hit a wall in the arena so I stopped joining: 12 consecutive losses with unactivated BBs is too painful. Anyway, here are my units:
    • :fire: Luther (A)
    • :water: Raydn (A)
    • :water: Lucina (L)
    • :water: Elimo (L)
    • :water: Copra (O)
    • :earth: Luly (G)
    • :earth: Zelban (A)
    • :earth: Darvan (B)
    • :thunder: Eze (B)
    • :thunder: Elulu (L)
    • :thunder: Loch (L)
    • :thunder: Lodin (G)
    • :thunder: Bran (O)
    • :thunder: Ahvel (G)
    • :thunder: Emilia (G)
    • :light: Bahamut (A)
    • :light: Sodis (A)
    • :light: Zellha (B)
    • :light: Azael (L)
    • :light: Will (A)
    • :light: Themis (O)
    • :dark: Kajah (A) x2
    • :dark: Lemia (L)
    All of my units are still 4* (I did mention I'm still a noob, right? :oops:). I used to use a team of Loch-Sodis-Kajah (lead)-Lucina-Great Sage Mimir, but once I got Themis I fused out Mimir for the additional dark buff. This team was a great all-rounder up until now: I'm a Brawler in Arena and have gotten up to St. Lucia and Cordelica. I know some of the new units will be much better and I can now probably put together the workings of good crit/BB spam/rainbow/mono teams, I just don't know who to keep. Copra, Ahvel, and Will seem the most questionable to me...anyway, any advice is very welcome!
    Thanks!

2. CodeB

CodeB

Server:
    Japanese
    Leader:
    Avant/Thunder Dragon/Charla
    I take that your cost doesn't allow too many 6 stars?
    If you feel like a healer in your team, use Themis as leader with Raydn, Luly, Kaja, Bran
    Or Lodin leader with Kaja, Azael, Raydn, Luly.
    Luly's bb effects can serve as a pseudo healer in most situations, so I recommend the second formation for more fire power.
    When you get rooms for more 6 stars, use Luther as leader as his LS is incredibly top tier.
    Preferably Luther Leader(6 star)
    Zellha(6 star)
    Ahvel (6 star)
    Raydn
    Lodin/Azael
    It's a very good team IMO.

If you are more concerned about bb filling, then use Zellha as leader with pretty much the same set up. Luther is interchangeable with Lucina because his spark buff is weaker compared to Raydn.

When the listed units get their 6 stars ofc.

3. PhelistoGTR

PhelistoGTR Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    14-
    Thank you SO much for your help! My squad cost is at 61 right now, and I can fill it with all 4* with a little room. I'm very close to lvl MAX for Zellha and I just got Luther this morning (squee'd for 15 min. straight afterwards, and made the pain of no Zelnite a little less pointed, but I digress) so he's gonna take some work.

4. Lucide

Lucide Gladiator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    My philosophy is to have every buff type available, with 4 core unit and an interchangeable fifth+friend
    So, to me your best possibile team in the future (6*) is:

:thunder:Lodin Lead (best lead)
    :fire:Luther (hit+spark buff)
    :light:Zellha (hit+injury)
    :water:Lucina (atk buff)
    :thunder:Ahvel (status nulls)

In specific case switch lucina with:
    Elimo--->if you need a true healer
    Copra--->for dmg reduction

And I would also raise:
    :earth:Zelban--->for when defense is a must

as for friend I would normally take :earth:Zelnite (bc and hc drop), but also :dark:Duel-SGX with his hits and crit+ will be a good option
    an excellent option is also to switch :thunder:Ahvel for :earth:Zelban and take a Ronel friend (bc, hc, status nulls +10%hp)

Overall you really have great units and not having Zelnite don't hurt you in any way :)

IMHO Luther lead is not as good as Lodin's, people tend to not realize that spark means that the single hit gets boosted not the whole attack. So with high hit count units like zellha and luther it's only 1/30 of the dmg that gets the spark multiplier. Lodin, on the other hand, boost the atk for everyone by 50%, and have a great synergy with high hit counts units that produce a lot of bc, while also giving extra bb fill.

Also Raydn is pointless if you have luther since they sports the same spark buff, Azael doesn't help the team.

5. PhelistoGTR

PhelistoGTR Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    14-
    Hmm, great points. Do you think I should just use Raydn and Azael as BB fodder then? I'm both dreading and looking forward to leveling Lodin cuz I know how easy he makes everything when he's 6* & SBB but it'll take for.frickin.ever. And totems still rape my unleveled ass...:( Thanks for the tips!

6. Lucide

Lucide Gladiator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lodin
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    As a rule of thumb, do not fuse or sell Rare Summon unit...you will never know if and how much they will be useful in the future
    Raydn in particular is a great unit! It's just that, right now, he doesn't fit well in your team

7. PhelistoGTR

PhelistoGTR Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    14-
    I guess that makes sense. Unit space was filling up so I was a little antsy to clear up some openings.

8. Wesley_Virts

Wesley_Virts Rookie

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Hmm ~ <3
    Leader:
    Park Chorong ~ <3
    Level:
    Mhmm ~ <3
    A little suggestion for your Arena team XD
    you could try running Lead Lodin, Azael, Kajah, Luly, Raydn!! Explanation below ~
    Lodin 6* - 50% boost to attack and 1.3x BB gauge fill rate ~ currently his 4* form gives 25% boost to unit's power, so still usable. XD
    **You might ask why not use Bahamut?? sure his LS is an Ares LS, but you will need that 25% boost for now.
    Azael - Why use Azael instead of other light units?! Zelha has a STBB, so not recommended, Sodis, Azael needs 24BC while Bahamut needs 20BC, sure Bahamut requires less BC, but considering the stats difference between Bahamut and Azael, I find Azael much better(Azael has better stats than Sodis)
    Kajah - Higher damage output than Lemia, so Kajah wins :p
    Luly - Luly needs 24BC while Darvan need 25BC, furthermore Luly's stats is wayyyyy better, so Luly Chan wins XD
    Raydn - Lucina's BB is STBB so not a fan, I picked Raydn over Lucina ~~
    *** Why not use Luther, cus his bb is a STBB so not recommended

Also to add on to Lucide's suggestion, you might wanna consider using Luly instead of Exvel, one reason why is that when you use Exvel, you will be restricted to only earth and dark reinforcement units. Secondly I find Luly's HC production BB/SBB works better when you are not going to run any healers in your team~ If you are planning on running elimo feel free to switch some units around ~ Do note that Zelban's def buff and Elimo's def buff doesn't stack ~

Ohh and Welcome to BFF XD

9. PhelistoGTR

PhelistoGTR Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    14-
    Thanks for your suggestion! I'll def try it out in the arena once I get Lodin up to task. Ever since I pulled Bahamut (as Wyvern) I've been working on getting him up to at least Rameldria with Duelmex the eventual, faraway goal. Should I put his evolution on the back burner in favor of Lodin's 6*? I know Rameldria/Duelmex are gold in the arena, but are they worth it in regular questing? Anytime I can use my friend's maxed out 6* Lodin in quest, it's so much easier so it's kinda tipping my scales in favor of Lodin...

10. Wesley_Virts

Wesley_Virts Rookie

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Hmm ~ <3
    Leader:
    Park Chorong ~ <3
    Level:
    Mhmm ~ <3
    Definitely max your Lodin ASAP! His way better than Ares Leads in the Arena XD (bias much :p) I will list some of your notable units that are recommended to max later once I get on my laptop so give me some time Lolololol

11. PhelistoGTR

PhelistoGTR Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    14-
    Aww, thanks so much! :oops: I went and paraded two thunder jewels (thank you, RNGesus!) earlier and maxed out his 4*...now need to wait til Thurs to see if I can actually topple a totem to get his 5*. :confused: Can't wait that loooooong! Lol!

12. Wesley_Virts

Wesley_Virts Rookie

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Hmm ~ <3
    Leader:
    Park Chorong ~ <3
    Level:
    Mhmm ~ <3
    Sorry for the late reply :/
    Anyway you got some pretty Impressive pulls :O Some units that you should definitely work on are Lodin:thunder:, Luther:fire:, Raydn:water:, Elimo:water:, Copra:water:, Zelban:earth:, Ahvel:light:, Zelha:light:. some side units that you could work on after maxing the rest would be Luly:earth:, Themis:light:, Kajah:dark:, Sodis:light:, Azael:light:, Lucina:water:(STBB don't have to max ASAP)

**Note: Sure some of the units aren't of their Ideal type, however it wouldn't hurt maxing and using them, as peeps always say "Having an Oracle Elimo is better than no Elimo" I got an Oracle Elimo:p

Anyway with those units at hand I'm sure you will be just fine!!
    If you are going after the Thunder Totem go with Lead Lodin:thunder:, Zelban:earth:(def buff), Themis:light:(Healer), Kajah:dark:(damage dealer), Luther:fire:(damage dealer). For friends look for Rainbow leads Lodin/Logan/Lilith etc. Items: Cures, High Cures, Mega Cures, Divine/Holy/ Light, Revive/Revive Light ~ If you don't have High/Mega cure bring some fujin for your healer ~~
    ***Also If you need a Rainbow Friend lead feel free to add me just shoot me a request XD Let me know your IGN so I add the right person XD

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  13. PhelistoGTR

PhelistoGTR Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    14-
    Wow, really a lot of thanks for your guidance! I'll send a request tonight: my username is Suzume on BF, but my friend ID# is on my prof page, in case there's more than one Suzume, lol! I'm waiting for my gauge to fill (-_-; ) so it might be a little bit. I'm super excited to try the squads you suggest!(≧∇≦)

14. Wesley_Virts

Wesley_Virts Rookie

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Hmm ~ <3
    Leader:
    Park Chorong ~ <3
    Level:
    Mhmm ~ <3
    Hahaha you're welcome :D glad that I could help~ My IGN is Crosses, just in case your are wondering ~ XD

15. PhelistoGTR

PhelistoGTR Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    14-
    Wow, your Lodin clearly outclasses mine! I will aspire to follow your example :D!

16. Wesley_Virts

Wesley_Virts Rookie

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Hmm ~ <3
    Leader:
    Park Chorong ~ <3
    Level:
    Mhmm ~ <3
    Hahahaha cus I've been playing this game for quite a long time :p I'm sure you are going reach there soon XD