Nyami/Allanon Review

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Eleiryn, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Yup, it's that time of the month again. All jokes about Elly being on her period aside, we got new GEs to mess around with, and the usual Gildorf hype bullshit to deal with. So... do they all live up to the hype? Will Nyami zoom zoom her way into our hearts? Will Allanon run around and desert us? WILL ELLY EVER STOP MAKING SHITTY JOKES?

Spoilers: no.

[​IMG]
    Dank Mememaster Allanon

Overview: Allanon is an obvious take on the Charla/Magena archetype of "do lots of stuff on BB/SBB, sometimes not attacking." BB is pure support, SBB is... mostly offense. He is also an obvious take on the Charla mindset of "they said I could be anything, SO I BECAME EVERYTHING," because holy fucking shit that's a lot of buffs. Some notes;
    • LS is fairly mediocre for general use - decent survivability but not great in most scenarios, and very little offensive/sustain utility given that everything hard is immune to element damage anyways.
    • BB offers Lafiel tier BC on hit (as yet unmatched by anyone else in JP, even 8*), the longest duration/highest value element mitigation buff (not as good as it sounds - multiplicative with normal mitigation - but still nice), and a max HP buff, which is really good. I think I talked about it in Lucius review, and if I ever did a Lafiel batch review I probably talked about it there, but TL;DR max HP buffs cannot be buff wiped and persist even through unit death, so they're really good.
    • SBB offers rainbow elements, rainbow element damage (only works on base element - does not interact with his bonus elements), and a burst heal. The animation is actually very good, EXTREMELY smooth and consistent, but drastically delayed - you're looking at ~4sec after cutin ends for him to start doing damage. Heal is hella delayed too, so it's pretty shit for starting off the turn in raid. Elements seem to pop up immediately though so he has that goin for him. Very expensive SBB tho at 55BC, similar to most GEs.
    • UBB is a generic 3 turn 75% mitigation (never not good) with full-heal HoT, full-gauge BC on hit, and a ton of elemental weakness damage which is usually useless. Overall a great defensive UBB and you'll be happier if you pretend that's all it has.
    • ES adds immunity/cleanse to BB/SBB, which is... you know... obviously good.

Usage: So... what does he actually do? In general, for raiding, you want to just spam SBB for the significant damage increase while using BB every 3 turns for a bunch of utility. He covers a lot of roles; primarily BC on hit, immunity/cleanse, Hp buff, and elements. The elemental mitigation, weakness damage, and burst heal are all relatively minor/mediocre for general use, but not BAD to have.

FG farming, he basically plays a Shida/Zeruiahish role of adding element buffs, and weakness damage to boot. Unlike most element buffers (cough Zeruiah) he can sit backline just fine and still get elements up reliably for round 1 attack, so that's nice; his massively delayed damage and mediocre BC gen / high SBB cost may be an issue depending on your team though, especially if the rest of your guys are short-animation, fast-cast fucks like Rize and Avant. FH mid/end farming he does the same thing, but also has a non-offensive BB to build up SBB/OD gauges; roughly on par with Shida/Charla but the lack of healing may hurt him if the OD fill side of things takes too long.

He's pretty worthless in arena and mediocre in CA, so no point in reviewing him there.

The Zeruiah Conundrum: So yeah, obviously, Allanon and Zeruiah don't get along flawlessly due to clashing element buffs. Doesn't mean either of them are any worse now. Their overall roles are very different, Zeruiah provides a great spark blanket, infinite SBB (can be very useful in FG - if Allanon can't refill his very expensive SBB that means no elements for you next round), and god tier BCHC buffs; she lets you run RC6 without BC on hit or even much BC on spark. Allanon cleaves closer to the JP mindset of lots of BC on hit/regen/spark and shit for BC%. Honestly, you can even use them together fine, Zeruiah still offers spark blanket/BCHC%/infinite SBB while he offers non-element stuff as well.

Worth: I'd say yes. Rates are pretty good and he's a very strong utility unit. If you DON'T have Zeruiah he's a pretty obvious goal since Shida 7* isn't out yet and even once he hits Allanon will stay useful. If you do have Zeruiah, you don't NEED him, but he still offers a lot of useful utility.

[​IMG]
    "Light of my life, fire of my loins" Nyami

Overview: Yup, it's time for our weekly Gildorf ripoff. Gumi sure seems to have an obsession with him these days considering how often they keep trying to replace him. Getting kinda old, but at least Nyami is cute enough to make up for it.
    • LS is incredibly strong offensively - slightly better than Avant's in fact, +30% spark damage in return for -20% attack. Good tradeoff. No survivability though so I'm not as enthused about it for anything outside of FG.
    • BB doesn't exist. Seriously, her BB doesn't exist. You CAN'T not use her SBB due to the stacking bullshit, so whatever utility her BB might have, if it existed, is irrelevant.
    • SBB is yet another blatant Gildorf ripoff, with a COMPLETELY worthless stealth buff that doesn't give her any god damn attack and a shitty spark crit buff. It does have aspects of Ravenna's stacking buff, but same as with all stacking BB mods, they DON'T apply turn 1 (so 4 turns to cap out). However, it does have some strong aspects; it actually self-sparks, which is irrelevant comparatively in most FG situations where you can get Rize up to a consistent 80% spark rate on full auto on a good team, but nice to deal with bad RNG in other teams. Also, I mean, after 4 turns you have a 1540% multiplier that double scales with atk type buffs.
    • UBB is just a kinda mediocre general nuker UBB. Not BAD per se, but partially selfish and most of the bonuses are just kinda mediocre. You'll probably never use it.
    • ES is absolute trash on an amazing level, as is her sphere. Pretend she doesn't have an ES at all and just use an actually good sphere on her.

Usage: Lack of infinite SBB really hurts her in single target trials and the like, given her heavy reliance on stacking SBB mod and fairly high (55) SBB cost. So unlike Gildorf/Ravenna, she's actually pretty mediocre for that kinda thing unless your team has a LOT of BC gen. In general, you'll either use her as a FG lead (depending on comp, she slightly trails, equals, or passes Avant - in my testing with a Zedus lead it was pretty consistently 5-20% worse overall to use Nyami over Avant friends regardless of what team comp I used, but some have reported great success with double Nyami) or as a raid unit (mostly sub, since CD is usually bad) to kill specific body parts. She runs into the same issues here as trials, but even worse given how limited BC gen is in raids; one bad BC drain makes her meh for a couple turns, and she offers 0 fucking utility whatsoever so the rest of your team had better be pretty slot efficient.

Overall I don't think she's a very good sub for general usage in raid - I'd rather use that slot on someone who offers a useful offensive team buff and just let Mikael do the single target shit, if you even want/need single target shit, many raids don't.

The Gildork/Ravenna Competition: So yeah, they're all a bunch of ST nukers who hit really hard and people jizz over because they saw Ushi do a trial with them fast or some shit. Which is best? Well - depends on a number of factors. The more team spark buff you have, or the worst your team is at sparking him, the less valuable Gildorf is - he relies HEAVILY on perfect sparking to function at all, and gets kinda shit on when 8* Eze starts giving out enormous spark buffs, since Gildorf's self-spark doesn't stack with normal spark buffs. Ravenna vs Nyami is probably a better competition; Nyami wins that one in general on account of much more reliable sparking and higher upper-end damage with high attack buffs, since Ravenna runs dickfirst into the same issues as Gildorf, but with an even worse animation to boot.

Nyami vs Rize as FG nuker: THIS is... kind of a tough one. Rize benefits heavily from multi enemy stages where she can shit on Nyami's hopes and dreams, and pretty much any good FG team will prioritize Rize sparking such that she generally has ~80-100% spark rate depending on setup, so Nyami's self-sparking is an irrelevant gimmick. On the flip side, vs fewer units, Nyami gets pretty well ahead. It kinda depends on your team setup which is better overall. Based on some testing from myself and Priya it appears that Nyami generally pulls a bit ahead currently, but Rize's HP scaling on global is broke so when that gives back in she'll be in a much stronger position. There is also the concern of spheres; each unit benefits differently from different types of spheres, with Rize benefiting IMMENSELY from spark spheres (naturally high SBB mod means atk spheres are meh on her, and she has amazing spark rates) whereas Nyami still likes spark spheres fine, but also really likes atk-type spheres due to her dual scaling. Something to consider when setting your team up, especially if you end up using some sort of unholy Rize+Nyami hybrid team.

Worth: Honestly? It's a mixed bag. For general usage, I think she's a stupid gimmick unit, same as Gildorf/Ravenna, who much like Rowgen of yore get people jizzing their pants over their massive personal damage while clueless of the fact that these units also generally shit on team damage significantly and offer very little utility/BC gen/etc to support them indirectly as well. HOWEVER, unlike most of those, Nyami has a REALLY fucking good LS, currently the highest damage in the game, though frankly speaking it's a very minor damage bump over Avant and loses the HP that also helps to make him a great lead for HP scaling units (Rize) and a safe survivability lead for the few RC6 missions where you actually want crit damage, stuff like Shusui. Put simply - she offers the possibility of relatively minor FG score boosts with certain setups, but if you already have Avant you can definitely skip and do just fine. Similarly, she does a good job of raid sub nuker for parts, but RC6 doesn't really do much of "must focus down specific parts," they generally either die naturally or die naturally if you bring crit, so it's a kinda mediocre niche.

I would like to hear from people who DID increase their FG scores with her - most of what I've seen so far has been very minor, few hundred k over avant at best if that, but it'd be nice to get a general look at it.

2. DownWithTheRest

DownWithTheRest Suppressor

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa/Nyami/Eze/Zeruiah/Sirius
    Level:
    Higher then 1, lower then 999
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier(Global+JP), League of Legends
    "Dank Mememaster Allanon"
    Instant like. Didn't even read full review yet.

Attached Files:

3. Kiyoji21

Kiyoji21 Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Stuff
    Level:
    700+
    Like most other GEs, and especially with the others in this batch, I am very excited to use them. GEs always seem to have a pretty good shelf life, and pulling for them has always been worth it to me.

Luckily since Nyami's sphere and ES is pure garbo, I don't have to wait to use her. Bringing KITTEH POWER to FG farming. Allanon will be really fun to use in raids and the upcoming light FG. Rip Limera and Reihard.

Thanks for the review.
    Zoom Zoom!

DownWithTheRest likes this.
  4. Daciks

Daciks Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Pumberkiny-Available upon request
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Touhou, Brave Frontier
    It could be because I'm back to using a friend with exceptional spheres but I saw my score jump 800k when I swapped out my Avant friend with a Nyami friend in FG auto. That aside, seeing as to the fact that like Charla Allanon applies his buffs immediately and doesn't move, I am looking forward to testing Eze/Eze, Rize, Rize, Eldora, Allanon in FG with that auto record stuff and Eldora mid-front and Allanon mid-back. Probably best to give him M. Pearl and some bc gen or crit sphere (or maybe Mora's sphere).

5. ApexLegends

ApexLegends

Leader:
    No longer active.
    So I've been messing around with Nyami (shoutout to @Alrisha) on raid and I gotta say... Avani and Nyami lead is fucking great. The fact that Nyami is so god damn fucking good and easy to spark with (remember, this is a global exclusive. The words good and easy sparking and global exclusive in one sentence is kinda rare.), I don't even care that she doesn't have infinite sbb. Just seeing the two LS and the crit spark shredding through the raid boss is enough satisfaction for me.

Starzerker, DeathAngelz and Eleiryn like this.
  6. Priya

Priya The Witch Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Classified
    Leader:
    Nyami/Juno/Ensa
    Level:
    500~
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch
    Notably, when I was doing my own damage tests comparing Nyami/Nyami to Nyami/Avant, I found Nyami/Nyami to do more, but I also notice a sizable damage boost when I had one Nyami use her BB and the other Nyami use her SBB. Dual SBB's also double BB modifier buffs as well, so that might account for such?

7. Yagami

Yagami Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zoom Zoom!
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Salt Frontier
    Always enjoy reading your reviews ! Keep up the good work.

8. Henshen

Henshen Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Randolph Friend (FH-What's an Avant?)
    Level:
    400+ (SM:77)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    My spear is now darkened...
    Is Allanon the first unit to discover the internet?

10/10 on the highly relevant tags.

9. Emanresu

Emanresu Athena

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    DeerGirl
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Great review as always. FG wise I've seen a spike upwards of 400-500k per run with double Nyami. In the eternal scheme of things it's fairly insignificant but anything that knocks the Avant fan boys/girls is good in my book. Looking at this complete GE set now I can see them getting some heavy use especially anywhere near Raids (Gumi really seem to like to design their GE round solid Raid teams). Poor Korzan though it's not that he's bad but certainly the most lacklustre, just proves always take hype with a pinch of salt. Some people dismissed the mightly Haille and proclaimed Korzan the great new DE. I'll reserve final judgement on the new two until a few more days testing. I liked Mikael but after a few days of using him I quickly realised I'd underestimated his power and what a monster he really was.

Oh and they've obviously never made a units theme song more obvious. Should have just called him Haddaway and been done with it.

Israfie, Henshen and Eleiryn like this.
  10. SacredShadows

SacredShadows Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    What ever floats my boat at the moment
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Good ole' Brave Frontier (And CS:GO)
    Damm ele back at it again with the reviews. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Edit: Gumi let us down with the loli. Felt like they could do better. :/

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  11. zenzen

zenzen Barrager

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Haile
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    THIS is what i've been waiting for... units review !! And a great one with final words (worth or not). Thou i like it better if you put ur own rating for each unit x/10....
    Looking forward for more reviews

Eleiryn likes this.
  12. Henshen

Henshen Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Randolph Friend (FH-What's an Avant?)
    Level:
    400+ (SM:77)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    My spear is now darkened...
    Emanresu likes this.
  13. Mitch_Twdfan

Mitch_Twdfan Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant/Nyami/Chrome
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Walking Dead:Road to Survival. Super Evolution.
    Nayami would be flat out better if they trashed the Stealth shit cos honestly it's lame without the Atk boost on it.And swiped it for an Infinite SBB user. Or just make her ST a normal DMG without consecutive use that way we can alternate between BB/SBB just fine

Henshen, Frank_man and Eleiryn like this.
  14. Daciks

Daciks Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Touhou, Brave Frontier
    but where else would they put the 60% self crit rate that makes her almost capped when fighting Beiorg's main body?

15. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Thank you Eleiryn for the awesome review! I enjoy reading them as always.

I love the "Worth it" section. Nicely sums up if a unit is worth pulling for. Just wondering, does Allanon's animation allow him to spark decently if I use him with other GE's like Haile, Mikael and Avani?

16. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    People throw a fit if I give anyone a rating they don't like, and it's rarely meaningful anyways. What does a 7/10 mean? 8/10? On his own Randolph really isn't that good, looking purely at what he does I'd probably give him a 7-8, but his insane synergy with several powerful things (survivability counterpart to Avani or Lucius LS, double dipping for insane defense totals, etc) make him a 10/10 lead for general use. Which do I actually rate him? What about Mikael? Garbage sparking/mediocre damage as a result, even fucking double Avani leads can't refill his SBB, and yet he offers so much overall that he's still extremely good.

Personally I'd rather talk about where units are good/bad and how good/bad they are there, and then give a general end summary. Means more than a rating I think, and a lot of the point of these topics is to educate, inform, and inspire people more so than JUST tell them what a unit is worth.

He sparks alright in general, not AMAZING (he has kinda Gazia syndrome where he's still the last one attacking) but the travel time of most units is 1-2 seconds and 1-2 second delay so the in the end, he actually does a pretty good job of syncing with people. Not GREAT, but acceptable. I'm not sure exactly how he compares as an overall sparker compared to Zeruiah/Shida though, have very little experience with 7* Shida (never bothered evoing mine on JP) and haven't finished maxing my own Allanon to compare him to Zeruiah as a sub in practice rather than JUST theorycrafting and using friend Allanons.

Alchemia and Gibbleguts like this.
  17. adjen

adjen Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    blank
    Leader:
    Randolph / Zelnite / Sirius / Eze
    Level:
    290+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFBE / 7k
    Will this solve the lack of healing on allanon's bb?
    Also can anyone tell me how much percentage is the OD fill of this?
    Thanks
    uploadfromtaptalk1457768036883.png

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

18. Daciks

Daciks Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Touhou, Brave Frontier
    40%

And no, when the data originally came out I was excited about the burst in a non-attacking BB with an attacking SBB.

19. adjen

adjen Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    blank
    Leader:
    Randolph / Zelnite / Sirius / Eze
    Level:
    290+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFBE / 7k
    wow tthats huge
    thanks for the info

20. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    That's good enough for me. (y) I don't expect perfect sparking since I auto most stuff in the game, but if it's acceptable, I can get by. He is support though, so I don't expect him to top the damage charts. :rofl: I'm looking forward to using him as my main support unit. How does he compare with Shida though? Better or worse? Or do rill different roles?