Nyami/Allanon Review

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Eleiryn, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Henshen

Henshen Gleaming God

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (in the works; Avant/Zero/Fei+Fang currently)
    Level:
    400+ (SM:120)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Roundabout - Yes
    Testing out Nyami friends. She is indeed a powerful nuker with those critical self-sparks of hers.
    ----

On an unrelated note, is it safe to revise the review a little, since both units got modified?

(Allanon with his OD fill SBB and Nyami with Spark Boost ES + Bells sphere change)

2. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Limited testing in battle simulator suggested Godly Flower was superior to SH on her.

Frank_man likes this.
  3. Gentille69

Gentille69 Sage

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    what about blazing fist + new nyami's bell? Are they optimal spheres on her?

4. Eleiryn

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Haven't tried yet, later today I'm gonna try to go through my list of friend Nyamis in simulator and see which performs the best overall. Was just testing mine with a couple spheres and godly flower won among those couple.

Frank_man likes this.
  5. Frank_man

Frank_man Darkwalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Nyami
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    depends on the context since the ES spark+ portion happens mid-way through T1 or not until T2 depending on how well you spark her so it damn sure isn't optimal for OTK. Also, I gotta believe a 100%+ spark sphere HAS to be better than blazing fists for her since she self sparks at the very least.

You really won't find a better secondary sphere than sacred axe for her I don't think.

6. Ragatoni

Ragatoni Demon

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zenia/Deimos
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Chain Chroinicle
    Aww regretting not going further for her. Stopped after I got Allanon :(

7. Gentille69

Gentille69 Sage

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Okay thanks! And thank you Frank man. Just have question, critical dmg on her LS, SBB, ES and sphere all stack right ? Okay keep me informed about your test. So just with an overview, without testing, for status sphère, is New nyami's sphère worth it ? Or better put a beiorg sphere on her ?

8. Eleiryn

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Short answer: sphere is still garbage for 1TKO strats (so FG farming, FH end/term farming, etc) but extremely strong for raid usage. And yes, the crit damage bonuses all stack.

9. Gibbleguts

Gibbleguts Heavenly Judge

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    most
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    All around think this was a another great batch off units from gumi. I know people were hoping for more from her but she is great as she is. Gumi hasn been doing a great job of strong units without breaking breaking the game. For me her self spark is what makes her so good

10. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Just wondering, I realized that Allanon's UBB boosts 'elemental resistance by 75%' and not 'reduces damage taken by 75%' like with Gazia and Krantz' UBBs. What's the difference between them and their usage?

Now that I've beaten Lucius and Ark's trials, the EX trials (starting from Karl's) are next and I'm considering using Allanon there, mostly for his support abilities and partially in case I need to use a mitigation UBB.

11. Priya

Priya The Witch Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Classified
    Leader:
    Shion/Zeru/Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Unison League, Valkyrie Connect,
    It's elemental mitigation, works the same way as other ubb mitigation due to being omni elemental and ubb mitigation being multiplicative.

12. Kitoro

Kitoro

It's been a week since their release, and still no spheres in sight. This sucks! D:

13. Deathless Ausar

Deathless Ausar Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sirius, Felice, Rain
    Level:
    420+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fate/Grand Order
    I don't think it's weak, at all. Yes, the ST multiplier is low, but even on the first turn, the actual ST damage is pretty high, thanks to guaranteed self spark. She can do good ST damage because the self sparking is thanks to the ST. Not to mention you can use BB mod buff and ATK buff to help her do even more damage.

14. Frank_man

Frank_man Darkwalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Nyami
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Let's be real, it starts at a 100% dmg mod or some shit. It's weak. Spark crit adds a 50% multiplier at the end but it is still doing all of the multiplying off of a 100% mod attack. On turn 1 is it low. She has to ramp that part up. She is amazing, but I think you might be over-valuing just how much that self spark is for the initial attack. Ramping it up as high as you can for T1 puts it at 650-700 IF you use both Gazia and Ultor which is good at that point, but do you really use both of them with Nyami?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  15. Deathless Ausar

Deathless Ausar Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sirius, Felice, Rain
    Level:
    420+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    You seem to have misunderstood my point. Yes, 100% multiplier that's sparked isn't much, but remember that it sparks with about 80% of its AoE damage. The self-sparking applies to one enemy only, which puts its ST damage way ahead of its AoE damage. Yeah, you can spark her AoE with other units, but how much can you actually spark? Her AoE multiplier is 540%, which is not a lackluster. 80% of its AoE damage (0.8 x 540%) will be sparked with her 100% of her ST damage (1 x 100%) to your single enemy, so no, not only the weak 100% ST damage is applied to a single enemy. Not to mention we use Leads with spark damage about everywhere, and her self sparking surely makes her a great ST nuker.

I'm sure I heard it somewhere that BB mod buff and ATK buff applies to both the AoE and ST in SBB, doubling the effect. If this is true, you can bet that the ST damage is even more impressive. You don't need the highest number on those buffs to make Nyami's ST significantly higher.

If my explanation doesn't suffice, maybe someone else can give the actual realistic numbers? I'm a bit lazy to. :D

16. Daciks

Daciks Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Pumberkiny-Available upon request
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Touhou, Brave Frontier
    Indeed, that is correct for Gildorf and for her AE part. However, it was recently discovered that bb attack mods do not get added to ramp-up BB/SBB meaning that only her AE benefits. Attack is still added.

Deathless Ausar likes this.
  17. Deathless Ausar

Deathless Ausar Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sirius, Felice, Rain
    Level:
    420+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Thanks for the info. :D

18. Frank_man

Frank_man Darkwalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Nyami
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Oh i see what you're saying. I actually didn't quite look at it like that. Her self sparking is something that wasn't ever an intended feature until now so I never stopped to look at it quite like that. Fair enough man. Fair enough.

Deathless Ausar likes this.
  19. Alrisha

Alrisha Forum Stalker Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark / Ensa / Zeruiah
    Level:
    600+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Looking at one of Ushi's video I noticed that Nyami's ES (specifically the reducing damage to 1) actually works without her sphere currently.

So I've done some test myself and it's true. (y)

*no comments on the spark damage boost though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  20. Michael+

Michael+

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Tridon, Quaid, Feeva, Zelnite
    Level:
    Crap I just tested this and it's true. No wonder Rouche never seemed to live up to his full potential.