Okay, what gives with the new Rift?

Discussion in 'Frontier Hunter & Frontier Gate' started by Lux-Erebus Games, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    I like to think I'm alright at math... I mean, I can't work out the formulas of this game to save my own life which is why I suck at squad building, but assuming my eyes are working the reward Tokens only total up to 2K at max (and from what I can tell, there isn't even any extra reward for finishing, which I have yet to do because one slip-up on a non-boss wave pretty much means I'm dead and I have no idea how to build a damn squad; first squad almost made it to Nimune and was one battle away. Second attempt's squad completely tripped all over itself on Faelan). Is something going on that they aren't telling us?

2. Bash_Mead

Bash_Mead Divine

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Savia / Omni Ark / Mordlim
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    There arn't many guides out that i'm aware of, i've heard that 2k is the maximum and we have to wait for other rifts to get the rest.
    I might be missing something as well as I can't seem to get past Falean.

What units are you using?

3. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    I tried my mono-Water squad (mainly because it's the strongest one I have right now), consisting of Vikki, Hugh, Ilm, Azalea, and Holia with a Ravea friend; did well for a while, one-shotted Faelan, Ilm, AND Adriesta (almost did so to Gabriela but not quite), but then screwed up on BB gauge building and lost on the wave right before Nimune.
    I won't even bother mentioning my second sorry excuse for a squad. It didn't even survive Faelan, let alone knock off even HALF of her health. Of course, maybe I'd have more options if a unit didn't have to be F~~~ING OMNI PLUS TO ENTER!! Do they even realize how much time and resources go into enhancing just ONE Omni unit?! It took me nearly a month just to get Shion and Vikki both to +2...

4. Bash_Mead

Bash_Mead Divine

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    One shotting might have to be the way forward, just tried that on faelan and its 200% easier.

True I only have about 8 Omni + units but I feel in the recent months the game has been trying to set us up for this.
    I saw the official BF youtube post about the rift and they basically said they give you reserve units for a very good reason, not sure how I can interpret that as, like you, I basically only have enough for one good team. I'm waiting for some serious guides to be made basically :S

5. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    If they were trying to set us up for this, it didn't work. And the difficulty of the majority of this rift isn't even the real reason why (and that's with a Hydraloid enemy surviving a Ravea UBB, which we know sets everything you do off TWICE including the UBB itself). Wanna know what is?
    NIMUNE HERSELF. Someone else so kindly showed me what she's able to do... Insane mitigation buffs and the ability to put a Skip debuff on your units that lasts FAR too long. The latter of which she by the way does to two units EVERY SINGLE TURN. And you can't nuke her via normal attacks like other content either; it's best you not even try.
    Basically, unless you one-shot her immediately which I'm not even sure is possible as I don't even know whether or not she moves first or how much health she has, one will only be able to beat her when the AI decides they've had enough punishment as she is capable of effectively locking your entire team, so if that happens you'll just have to sit there and take it until you're dead.

6. Bash_Mead

Bash_Mead Divine

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    haha well I finally reached her and I can finally feel the pain. I don't expect to get past this without some cheesing tactic i'm not aware of!

7. Brimstone Emperor

Brimstone Emperor

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Something something LE
    Level:
    Currently Playing:
    ME: SoM, Magikarp Jump!, Skyrim (again, still)
    Well, there were some attempts at nuking her down, but I think Gimu ninja'd a patch in so that her damage resistances activate before your first turn. Even with hit nukes, people aren't able to take her down. Right now, I'd say just bring one mit leader and something like Arthur to nuke every other stage and just forget Nimune for now, since rewards are point-based (which is damage-based).

8. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    Wow, seriously?

Ayayayayay..... Gumi, are you TRYING to get people to hate you and stop playing? Seriously. But I suppose that plan'll have to do... Assuming the Hydraloids don't straight-up kill my nuke team because half of it is Fire units.

9. Brimstone Emperor

Brimstone Emperor

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Something something LE
    Level:
    Currently Playing:
    ME: SoM, Magikarp Jump!, Skyrim (again, still)
    https://imgur.com/a/lOKqn
    Shouldn’t be too hard to nuke the levels; I managed to do it, and I don’t have ideal units.

10. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    Hmm... So would my usual FH-style team of double Avants, Vikki, Azurai, Lyonesse and Feeva with what I'm told is a mediocre sphere selection work? On a 6-enemy wave it averages close to 300 sparks.

11. Falc0nM0nk3y

Falc0nM0nk3y Hymn God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Alza and Summoner
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Lanota, Deemo, Cytus, Voez, Dynamix
    With the sheer number of shards we get and pretty cheap availability to tomes, should you have kept up to date with token events etc you should be able to get a good 10-20 +1 not including tome giveaways and merit/guild hall exchanges

12. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Ebil Genius Vikki
    You're a little late...
    In any case, I have a fair number of +1s and I still think that's an extremely poor justification for how this Rift was designed (from what I can see, most players lacking a passable nuke setup completely choke on Faelan and don't even make it as far as my first squad did, never mind that after they decided to patch her to have her resistances and immunities from turn 1 Nimune is basically next to impossible now). I hope Gumi learned their lesson when they did the Guilty Gear one or I'm going to have to slap someone.