Questions about buffs

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Zenn, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Zenn

Zenn Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Zelnite, Feng
    Level:
    Quick questions above buffs, I am confused on how to convertion buffs works...
    For example:
    Does boost atk,def based on hp stack with boost atk based on hp?
    If there's a site that explains how they stack and which does not stack together please says so otherwise, please help me here ;)
    While i'm asking a question, Can I also get some help building a good squad for Trial, GCC, Raid with Regil as leader.
    My omni units are:
    Glenn, Feng, Azurai, Elimo, Stein, Ilm, Zelnite, Hisui, Silvie, Gabriela, Zellha, Krantz, Sirius, Regil, Alice, Zero, Kulyuk, Rengaku, Alessa, Vern, Azami, Melord, Holia, Mariela, Camilla, Felice, Daze, Serge, Lanza, Silas, Lara, Izuna, Zekt, Garrel, Agress, Magress, Gregor, Zalvard, Zenia, Quaid,

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    They do not stack. There is no single buff called 'Atk/Def based on HP', a unit doing that is actually casting Atk based on HP and then also simultaneously casting Def based on HP. It therefore will not stack with a second copy of Atk based on HP, for obvious reasons.

Likewise, if you have Atk based on HP, you will not benefit from Atk based on Rec or Atk based on Def, as all three are technically the same buff.
    Buffs are numbered in the game code. Check out any online copy of Deathmax's datamine or unit databases, look at the numbers attached to the buffs. If the number is the same, they won't stack, e.g. atk based on HP is... buff number 40-something I think, it should be in the 40s or 50s at least, so it won't stack with another buff that has the same code number. If the number is different, it will stack.

Information from guide sources may be out of date. Things change. For example, when the game was released, JP unit self-only stat buffs did not stack with squadwide stat buffs because they had the same code number. There was an update where self-only stat buffs (e.g. self atk/def/rec) got different code numbers, and therefore would stack with AOE buffs. Global devs had a habit of assigning arbitarily high code numbers to their unit self buffs (e.g. three to five digit numbers when JP buffs were still in the double digit code numbers) so a lot of Global units had stacking even before that.

:light:Regil (Lead) + :earth:Hisui, :thunder:Silvie, :light:Gabriela (w/HoT), :fire:Feng (or Holia if Gabriela has no HoT)

Note that this build doesn't have status ailment inflict, which you may need for some RC6 bosses.

3. Zenn

Zenn Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Zelnite, Feng
    Level:
    Hey Acyl thanks for taking the time in helping me.
    The conversion buffs has always confused me your answer gave me a better understanding of it.
    About the squad, seems to me that the units have similar buffs will the better/stronger buff stay or whoever i use last?
    for example Regil has 150% spark dmg boost and Silvie only has 130% without her SP which i didn't get, If I use Silvie after Regil will it overwrite Regil's spark dmg boost?
    And for the status inflict i'll just hope to use my friend for that

4. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Last buff will override it won't pick the strongest so use silive before to keep the stronger spark buff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Siegfried is correct.

Though there are some additional things you wanna consider and some exceptions.

The second cast will overwrite the first, later cast will override earlier one... if you assume that the BBs and SBBs are being manually cast. If you're using a 0ms or other very low delay autobattle, then things get fucking weird. Bear in mind that lots of people would default to zero or low delay autobattle for more efficient sparking, in case you're wondering about that.

I'm not sure about Silvie and Regil (and don't own either, so cannot test), but let's say... Ensa-Taya with 130% spark and, I dunno, Vern/Elza/whatever without spark SP. So it would make sense, when setting up my autobattle order, to put Vern/Elza first and Ensa-Taya second, so Ensa overrides Vern/Elza. Make sense? Yeah. But it won't work, because due to 0ms autobattle the units basically move at the same time.

And Ensa puts buffs out on squad very fast, due to the nature of her animation. 'cause that's the thing, different units have different buff timing, tied in to their animation frames and type. Generally units who don't move across the screen and just sit there doing ranged attacks will put buffs out fastest, units who physically move across the screen to do a melee attack put buffs out next, and then finally units who teleport across the screen to the enemy will have the longest delay before their buffs apply. So in this example, even if Ensa is set to go second, in a 0ms auto it won't work - her buffs will be triggered earlier, and then her higher spark dmg buff will be overwritten by the other weaker buffer.

So if you're manually casting or have a delay in your auto settings, then yeah, you can reliably override by paying attention to buff order. If you're doing auto though, it gets messy. Better to avoid any clashing buff at all in that scenario.

Aside from this, there is at least one exception to buff override, which is HP buff. HP buff always takes the highest value, be it from a BB, SBB, or... UBB - which is to say if you cast a strong HP buff UBB, then cast a weak HP buff BB afterwards, you still get the UBB value. This is largely because HP buff isn't...actually a buff, mechanically. It's probably a HP modifier more like an LS or sphere or something...it doesn't have a time limit, it doesn't expire, and actually if all your units die and you bring a new squad in (e.g. in trials), the new units inherit the HP buff.

6. siegfried.bautista

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Yea some buffs actually have delays it's a little complex and you need to do some digging to see if buffs are instant or not i believe bf pro will have have info on the delay if your incline to find out

7. Zenn

Zenn Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Zelnite, Feng
    Level:
    Wow so many things learned from that, I never knew about the 0ms Auto-battle. I've always thought that as long as they were in order they go in the order they were put into...Well now i'm never gonna auto on a hard content haha!~
    It's amazing how much you guys know about the game that probably most players don't know thank you again for the replies have a great day!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

8. siegfried.bautista

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    A lot of us have played for a while now and we do research and theory craft out of boredom this stuff is kinda just a small fraction of what you can Learn stuff like unit attack patter, delays, placement, attack animation ect can be taught to you to get the best of your party build that is of course your inclined to learn

9. Zenn

Zenn Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Zelnite, Feng
    Level:
    Yeah been trying to learn alot of things so I can learn to build my own squad and not bother other players