Raid farming questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hartemis, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Hartemis

Hartemis Archangel

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Xmas,avant,haile
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I had a few questions for people who farm mats on raid (sorry for stating the obvious)

1. If you have no business on rc6 where do you farm your mom?
    2. Where do you farm for evil eye and calamity ore? I still till this day don't have a single occult treasure.. meaning no beiorgs...

I really don't enjoy farming for mats.. I always enjoyed buying them (regular rpg games)
    But I heard a lot of people have up on mega metal parade for the Slot machine... I have a lot of omnis to level so I'm in a rush on maxing them out for the contents I still need to beat..
    I understand I should have a lot of beiorgs
    But are there any other spheres that is necessary to have multiples of? Like for frontier hunter I know war demon blade is kind of good but idk about anything else..

2. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    Mom?

As far as if I don't need anything from RC6 - I usually hit:
    Waxing Danger (RC5)
    Pro Integrity (RC5)
    Fate Changing Battle (RC5)
    A Nightmare Anew (RC5)
    Dazzle in the Dark (RC4)

I usually pick whichever one drops a particular rare mat I am looking for, or may need in the near future. Planning, planning, planning seems to be the key for raid, if you can do a bit of pre-planning, you don't get as many surprises later.

I farm Evil Eyes from Fate Changing Battle (RC5) - on non raid drop up weeks I find I get 3-5 per week.
    I get Calamity Core from A Nightmare Anew (RC5) - on non raid drop up weeks with an STSBB unit in squad I can usually get 2-4 per day - make sure to target Thunder with your STSBB unit.

You also get flower cores and azure spheres from Nightmare Anew - the Azure spheres are needed for Beiorg armor as well. Similar case, leave an element change buffer at the door, and bring an STSBB unit and target wings - again, I get 2-5 of these a day on non drop up weeks.

I usually figure out how many evil eyes/doom rings I need and spend most of my time in raid drop up farming those (Or relevant RC6 drops... 1013 Shusui runs for 10 hairs.. =\)

3. Hartemis

Hartemis Archangel

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Xmas,avant,haile
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Sorry I meant mats!!

Thanks for the clarification again Sustainer !!

What are some good stbb units to bring along? I heard lugina,yuura,oguro were good
    Most of the omnis don't have a single target so I'm not sure which to bring haha..

And holy cow... over 1k runs for 10 h?
    How strong are shusui's roots?? Haha but.. I really am sorry.. I know more than anyone how frustrating it is doing 30+ runs and getting no results...

4. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I got around 14000 medals in the process of farming them - so not a total writeoff.

I personally like Melina for STSBB, unsure how the other ones will work to be honest.

Ensuring that you do NOT have an element buffer along is crucial for getting Estoriet wings down - the wings have too much damage reduction to stumble through - which is why people have A LOT of problems killing the wings.

5. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    "Mom" - that's priceless :D Way to insult everyone before asking them for help ;)

Check out this link and bookmark it:
    https://m.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/wiki/raredrops

Not only does it helps me figure out which boss has the rare mat but also which body part drops it. Remember, getting top score and high contribution points (stars) in a full Raid party also boosts your drop rates by a considerable amount. If you are alone and farming solo, use at least one Raid item (Atk Boost, Defense Boost, Health Crystal, etc.) to get at least a 2* rating for added drop rate boosts.

Mikael, Hadaron, Melina, Oguru, Yuura, etc. basically any ST nuker is viable in Raid. I generally bring Mikael and Hadaron since they hit hard and have very strong kids for Raid. Always focus in on the body part first and try not to bring any crit leads/buffers if you know that other areas are vulnerable to crit and are at risk of dying too fast before you can kill the desired body part.

Make a list of the mats you want for the spheres you want and just start to take it step by step. Before long, you will accrue up the necessary mats. For Occult Treasures, in the AP store, you can by Sky Blade and Sky Buckler, which I believe (you should validate) are the main mats for OT. Having those and buying them directly saves you a huge load of effort trying to craft them. You should also get a OT sphere through level up campaign as well as FH rewards and FG rewards if I'm not mistaken? So you can easily get 2-3 from rewards and craft 1-2 to get a nice supply of them.

6. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
  7. Ho Ho

Ho Ho

Leader:
    Batman
    For Estoreit, don't use Eze. The main body is so squishy that any Eze will guarantee you zero Azure Sphere drop. You'll raged whenever you see someone with Eze lead goes straight for Estoreit.

8. RufusWilde

RufusWilde Beam

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Ark.
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    DaD, FFRK, SMTIVA
    I can do it with Eze Sirius and Eze + Nyami. Its just sbb all turn 1 and then normal atk + miti and stbb (in my case Lilith) and gg.

Fuck his red feathers though, I only need one more to make Armor of Seals and I've done ANA over 70 times without a single one.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk