Rate/improve my guard frontier team?

Discussion in 'Frontier Hunter & Frontier Gate' started by Blerk, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Blerk

Blerk Nomos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Ask
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Ark, Avant (for FH)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, Dark Souls 3, Rock Band 4, BLOODBORNE
    So I'm averaging 60-80 million points per run but I really want to push my scores as high as they can go. Currently using:
    Avant (Lead) - Nyami's Bells+Medblare
    Elza - Obsidian Core Amplifier+Flag Flower
    Azurai - Sin of Rebellion+Schism Orb
    Ciara - Duel Fragment+Impiety Orb
    Allanon - Ritus Staff+Sacred Crystal
    Avant (Friend) - Typically Dandemagus+Medblare

Swipe order is Avant UBB, Ciara SBB, Azurai SBB, Avant SBB, Elza SBB, Allanon SBB.

Still can't beat Avant GGC to get my own Dandemagus, frustrating.
    I have Rize, Vern, Daze and Felice I could potentially swap in. Also have Shura and Gregor but they're not maxed and I don't have the resources to max them at the moment.
    I'm only using guard method on stages with 4 or more enemies, anything less is not time efficient in my opinion. Farming Middle, obviously.

Any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated (advice on Avant GGC is welcome, too!)

Thanks guys.

2. WesLAD

WesLAD Skywalker

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Yes
    Level:
    460+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Well, first things first. Ciara in the squad makes Allanon redundant, and Allanon in the squad makes Ciara redundant. If I were you, I would take out Ciara and sub in Rize. Allanon > Rize because Allanon has the potential to perfect spark with Azurai, which boosts Azurai's damage up really high.

But honestly though, I wouldn't bother about Guard Frontier if you're averaging 60-80m runs (assuming mid). 60-80m are already pretty dang good, and you've already got an extremely good setup for autos. No BB management worries at all there.

Sphere setup wise, I wouldn't use Nyami's Bells because that sphere gives a spark damage boost only after turn 1. So, you're pretty much getting that 20% All stat, not the spark boost. Try using more offensive spheres, like Blighted Seal or Sky Harbringer. They'll boost your damage right up compared to your current sphere setups. Spark-boosting and Crit-boosting sub-spheres are most recommended, since you'll be one shotting everything. Damage is key, survival is not a thing in FH. So that eliminates the point of having Schism and Impiety Orb.

Some great spheres that are quite easily obtained off the top of my head:

Blighted Seal, Sky Harbringer, Blades of Ultor, Holy Eight, Scarlet Necklace, Infidelity Orb, Illusion Gizmo, Medblare, Flag Flower, Geldnite Axe. Of course, there are many other ones, but as I said before, these are just some off the top of my head.

Blerk likes this.
  3. Blerk

Blerk Nomos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Ask
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Ark, Avant (for FH)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, Dark Souls 3, Rock Band 4, BLOODBORNE
    Thank you! I have all those spheres sans Sky Harbinger so I'll def look into using those.

The 60-80mil runs are when using guard method, so I don't think the score would be nearly as high without UBBing Avant, would it?

4. Cloudzz

Cloudzz Guardian

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rain
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    League of Legends, Overwatch, BraveFrontier(Duh)
    If you're scoring 60-80 mil on mid with a guard squad then I would instead just otk every battle and only UBB the last fight
    You still score around the same range but don't have to burn as much time
    I personally OTK every battle and score within the 50-60 mil getting me easy +5 without having to guard for 30 minutes
    Although the main benefit of Guard Frontier is gaining the maximum amount of points so that means that you want to UBB every round instead of just the 4+ up fights

5. WesLAD

WesLAD Skywalker

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Yes
    Level:
    460+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Well, the way I personally do it, is to pretty much use Guard Frontier for the first round and then auto the rest. Although, it is still perfectly fine to throw in a UBB in there once your OD gauge is filled up.

The reason behind your 60-80m guard runs is because of your squad composition, as well as the sphere usage. If you sub out Ciara for Rize, assuming correct sphere setups, then you would easily hit 80m without the need to guard. However, if you really like Guard Frontier, then you could always do Ritus Sphere/Sacred Crystal combo on Allanon.

Note: If you are to use the Guard 1st round method to save time, Allanon is still needed to have a guard frontier setup. So something like Ritus/Sacred Crystal would work perfectly fine. Allanon doesn't deal THAT much damage anyway.

My scores are around 100-110m with that method, and my team's not that optimal yet. But yeah, subbing in Rize instead of Ciara should boost your scores by quite a bit. You've probably got a better setup than I do tbh, so hitting that 100m ceiling shouldn't be difficult given the right spheres are used.

You could also test around the SBB order, since I'm not sure about that. Test the ms delay as well, and see what's the best for damage. Once that's optimised, you should be good to go! I would personally put it at 0ms delay because that's needed for Allanon to Perfect Spark with Azurai.