Rinesu Batch Review!

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Cherubium

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Glyph (A) , Sagavehl (B) , Feeva (B), Vesty (A)
    Level:
    206 [JP]
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier JP, FFRK
    Hello, I'm gonna do a review for the Rinesu's batch that's released on JP!

[​IMG]

LS: 6 BC/turn, +125% Fire/Earth damage weakness damage.

ES: Mitigate Earth/Thunder by 10%

BB: 13 hit (300% AoE), 4 BC/turn, +75% Fire/Earth weakness damage.

SBB: 16 hits (540% AoE), 7 BC/turn, +75% fire/earth weakness damage, -50% Def (30%) for 1 turn.

UBB: 21 hits, (1200% AoE), 5 turn 50 BC/turn, 300% Fire/Earth weakness damage damage for 3 turns + 300% BB mod for 3 turns.

LS: Having a free 6 BC per turn is really nice for questing, or specific events. Trial wise where you need HP boost leads to survive maybe not so much. Oh, boy! Another version of Kagura in ls? Sounds like it.

ES: I'm half impressed, while it's great to have a free mitigate turning your 50% into 60% I feel it's not as strongly needed. However, it's a cool combine with Iris shield which almost turns your mitigates against earth/thunder units into a UBB mitigate of 75% only missing out by 5%

BB: Another BB regener! We just got Alyut. But, as I said before more is welcomed right? And a +75% damage boost to fire damage is really niche for the events that it could otherwise be useful for like this one could be for Seria EX, or Lugina EX. So, there's her niche.

SBB: 7 BC? But, we just got Alyut? Now, she ties with Alyut with the highest BB regen unit in the game. She's not outclassing him as they fulfill different roles. He has the ability to cut the def of all foes 30% proc. Not as strongly needed, as Attack down so I wouldn't be hype about it.

UBB: Atro & Magnazolda, and Diana with love, Rinesu. 50 BC per turn for 5 turns? There was a 5 turns before the text, and a 3 turns after. I'm gonna assume it's the first one. And that's 5 free turns to spam all you like? Alongside that wonderful damage buff increase. Again, Lugina & Seria EX become immensely easy cause of this buff. 300% BB mods are also great, not as high as Ark, Diana, or Medina all being at +500% BB mod increase. But, still very useful.

[​IMG]

LS: HP + 40%, Heal 500-1500 (10% REC), Chance 5-15% HP drain.

ES: 50% chance to revive with 50% HP up to three times + unknown passive,

BB: 14 hits, (300%) 3 turn DoT debuff (250%), Heal 1800-2200 HP (+10% target REC) for 3 turns, Increase Max HP by 10%

SBB: 18 hits, (240% - 740% AoE) depending on HP, 3 turn DoT debuff (250%), Heal 2000-2500 HP (+12% target REC). 10% HP > Attack buff for three turns.

UBB: Heal 98999-99999 HP (10% Target REC), 70 turn revive buff on all allies (50% chance to heal at 100%), Increases HP by 20%

LS: Beautiful! Just beautiful. Another +40% leader to compete with Sagavehl. Only Quartz does it just a bit better with the chance to hp draining. And the ability to have a stable heal going on.

ES: Quartz.. I'mma need you to die? Like please? LOL. A chance to revive with 50% three times that's insane. 50% chance is a really good chance too. Imagine if you get his ES to proc all three times? Lol wow. Just amazing.

BB: Now to see if he can outclass Sagavehl right? Short answer: Yes & no. Like Sagavehl she also boosts your HP by 10% but, however. He's a more offensive apporach to him. He has the ability to do DoT on your opponents and I for one love this debuff for the extra damage at the end of the turn. He's passes in that regard.

SBB: Another nuke type SBB dependant on HP. His SBB is good, but damage could be reduced because the damage comes before the heal. If you're using this unit as your healer, then you will be missing out on the higher precents. But, if he's like not below 50% you're good to get off some damage espically cause she also converts HP into your attack stat as well.

UBB: My god.. This is somekind of omgwtf and this is what really pushes his to be one of the good units in this batch. 70 turn angel idol buff with a unlimited heal for three turns. If buff wiping aren't a thing in some events, trials, and GGC. He'll definitely be amazing to use. And top that off, he gives another 20% HP to your squad. With double Quartz leads plus BB/UBB buff you're looking at 110% boost to your HP and that's w/out spheres. Can your non anima units say 20k? I think they can.

[​IMG]

LS: 80% Attack/Def/Rec when bb gauge is above 50%, +50% BB gauge fill rate.

ES: +50% Attack/Def/Rec when bb gauge is filled.

BB: 13 hits, (300% AoE), -50% Attack (30%) for 1 turn fills 8 BC

SBB: 17 hits, 540% AoE -50% attack (30%) for 1 turn, Inflict debuff buff fill 10 BC

UBB: 20 hits, (1200% AoE), +200% Attack/Def/Rec for three turns. Fills 0 BC (more than likely 50)

LS: Say what you want about this guy. But, he has the ability to become a really good Arena leader. He has the important buffs needed to really push him to leader like status. As for everywhere else, I wouldn't really use him as leader. But, as a sub definitely.

ES: Going back to what I said about his Arena potential. After turn 1 more than likely you will be able to get to 100% BB gauge with now in days units this gives you 130% in all stats. With Toutesu only giving it in attack. This protects you (Def buff) from getting rekt in return.

BB: Any unit that gives BB fill is always helpful. Him, Medina, Vesty (on BB) are useful cause of this. Alongside that is a relatively useful attack down debuff. His acts like the older units Fiora/Belfuras used to 30% proc with a 50% drop. It's useful, but not reliable. I still favor the attack down drop on all allies buff like Ruby has.

SBB: 10 BC? Man, again. This man has Arena potential off the wall. Same with that BB there remember days when Zelnite ran supreme. Duran is like that in that BB fill regard. His attack down is the same as the BB. I'm confused about what it means as do a debuff buff. Maybe it means to make the enemy more vulnerable to it making the chances higher? If that's the case that's really good for Eriole EX actually, and maybe future content.

UBB: Has a really nice stat buff increase on BB, when combined on his ES that's 250% stats to all and since it's a UBB buff, it stacks with normal buffs you can easily get a +300%+ boost in stats if you combine with other units which make surviving alot easier. Unless, the opponent has defense ignore.

[​IMG]

LS: 100% Spark damage, after certain of sparks, bb damage mod increase next turn.

ES: 1 BC fill on spark, +40% spark damage.

BB: 15 hits, 300% AoE, +50% spark damage for three turns + 25% BC/HC drop rate buff for three turns.

SBB: 17 hits, 540 AoE, +70% spark damage for three turns + 25% BC/HC drop for three turns.

UBB: 21 hits, 1200% AoE, +130% spark damage buff, +200% attack for three turns.

LS: It is time to pack it up? Raaga? Maybe so. Her LS is up there with him. And you get awarded for performing sparks with your units with a BB damage mod buff. That's good, but a tad bit random. As it stands currently (at the time of this review is going up) it's X amount of sparks. There's no real number so you'll have to be checking to see if you ended up getting the bb mod up buff.

ES: 1 BC fill on spark is kinda low, compared to units like Raaga, and Roa. However, she's get a bonus +40% spark damage up buff. So on LS/ES you're already having a +140% spark buff? That's pretty powerful honestly. Cause in terms of Raaga & Roa they have the spark buff, and then their BB/SBB adds the spark damage buff. For Maharu to start you don't even have to do anything. You're already there with one of the highest spark buffs in the game.

BB: One main problem with Raaga if you were using him as your BC/HC buffer you had to constantly switch between the two. With Maharu that's no longer a problem. On her BB/SBB gives a buff. So she can help fill BC/HC on spark, and have a good drop rate to further fill your BB gauge. I like.

SBB: Same as her BB, with a higher spark damage buff. This time she also gives a 130% attack to your units as well. This buff is almost as high as the current attack buffer being at 140% But, a 10% minus is nowhere the worst at all. It's still very good to use.

UBB: Her UBB almost buffs as high as her LS & ES combined. What takes away some of the urgency of having her as a lead, but she but these buffs combined with her SBB. You're looking some pretty mean damage here. 210% spark buff, and 310% attack buff. Yeah, Raaga.. This might be time to say goodbye old friend.

Rest in Pepperonis, Raaga.

[​IMG]

LS: 30% HP + 0-100% attack based on HP remaining, 0-100% Def buff based on HP lost.

ES: 50% Elemental weakness mod, +50% attack buff / 50% Defense buff for two turns after taking 10k damage.

BB: 15 hits, 280% AoE, +100% Attack/Def/Rec for three turns, +75% boost to elemental weakness for light units for three turns

SBB: 18 hits, 480% AoE, +120% Attack/Def/Rec buff for three turns. + 75% elemental weakness mod buff to light units for three turns + 4-7 BC fill when attacked. 100% chance.

UBB: 20 hits, 1200% AoE, +1000% based on HP remaining, 98-99k heal (10% rec) + 100% mitigation buff for one turn.

LS: She has a good LS, survivabilty, while getting bulkier when she loses more damage. That's pretty solid in my book. As he can deal high damage when her HP is high, and be defensive when his HP is low.

ES: More duck, and attack here. Ducking for defensive, and attack for well.. You know, the obvious xD. The elemental weakness mod is better because is not dependant against any element like his LS, or BB/SBB is.

BB: 100% increase in all stats are still viable even now with the 140% in stats meta. Because they provide stable buffing and don't really hurt your team at all. If anything, it's appreciated. You don't have to have 140% to clear content. Maybe Def, but not attack/rec.

SBB: Making the buff better by 20% is again welcomed cause again the gap from 120 > 140% is not as bad sounding. And you could again clear content with this. Her elemental weakness buff is while the same as Rinesu a bit more useful cause they're more light enemies that are present in the game. Ark, Eriole, Lucius (?), Medanchi (Metal Rush boss) and his damage buff can help greatly in taking them down. She also offers BB fill when attacked which I cannot stress enough to say how useful the buff is he currently ties in with various other in the 4-7 field though.

UBB: It's a nuking UBB, with tank like quality. That's the definition of duck, and attack right there. After, the damage is done you get 100% mitigate, and a 100% heal for that turn? That's really good. He must be some kind of ex military unit I swear.

[​IMG]

LS: Hit Count +1, +15% BC/HC drop rate buff.

ES: 100% spark buff for three turns after 100k damage, +15% BC/HC drop rate.

BB: 13 hit, 300% AoE, +1 hit count buff, +35% BC/HC Drop rate buff.

SBB: 18 hits (540% AoE), 3 turn hit count +1 buff, 3 turns 60 % Def > Attack buff.

UBB: 21 hits, 1200% AoE, +2 hit count for three turns, +100% BC/HC drop rate.

LS: +15% BC/HC drop off the rip? That's good as heck! Alongside a boosted hit count which is even better. I would say sub her though, as his BB/SBB do the same.

ES: Wait.. This can't be? After 7 batches.. Feeva is finally getting benched? Alim don't do this to me! ;-;. His ES is another 15% drop rate of BC/HC. Alongside a 100% spark buff after doing 100k damage. That's the bad part about it? Well, it ain't terrible it's not hard to rack up 100k damage in one fight espically in trials. But, the drop rate buff is always active.

BB: Just what the hell is BC drop resistance with this gal? Feeva was benched out in trials cause she only had a SBB buff to go on useless you had her as a lead which is not a good idea in the most current trials, and GGC. But, with her ES, and BB you got a 50% drop. Karisu still can easily maintain healthy BB gauges off the wall. Yeah, Feeva was replaced by Karisu.

SBB: Same as her BB, with a convert buff added along. Again, a better Feeva. I will give it to Feeva as she still has a higher hit count and better chances to spark. Which is great for FH, and some other events. But, Karisu brings the more damage than Feeva ever did. She was a great BC battery unit, she is too. But with more power.

UBB: 100% BC/HC drop rate buff? What the holy hell is a BC drop resistance in anywhere? Normally, trials reduce like 20% drop resistances and so on. You still have a high as 80% to work with. This was rubbing the salt in Feeva's grave. Cause at max that's a 150% BC/HC drop rate (ES, BB/SBB, UBB) that's insane. You're gonna fill your gauge no matter what! And she also gives a +2 hit count. Which is downright strong. Maybe not as great as Ruby maybe. But, combine this with him, Ark, and the right corresponding buffs and just normal attack. That's x5 normal attack. The damage would be insane.

Goodbye, Feeva. You'll still be my waifu. ;-;

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    N3k0_Kill3r likes this.
  2. ssstbt06

ssstbt06 Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa/Juno/Ark: Who do you need?
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    idk
    I have two things to say

1. Water unit is op
    2. The dark unit would only fit in a squad where u are mostly using normal hitcount but in a spark team useless execpt for his bc drop rate and poor feeva i never got her and i want her

3. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    I don't understand how thunder in ANY way dethrones Raaga lead. She doesn't give BC on spark to team - one of the main reasons he's so popular. Her ES only works for herself. As such, she seems like a pretty shitty lead to me, just pure damage.

HOWEVER, her SBB is absolutely wonderful and she's an absolutely great sub, WAY better than Raaga there and only really beaten by global's Zenia/Tridon wombo combo.

Otherwise, good stuff.

4. godmelchio

godmelchio Rookie

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    GOD 한국 사람
    Leader:
    may
    Level:
    2XX
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    my fingers are itching to summon light dark water thunder..

5. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Cherubium

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    206 [JP]
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier JP, FFRK
    @Eleiryn: I guess I did assumed when counting the LS & ES. She has the higher spark damage but Raaga has the higher BC fill on spark. I didn't know her ES was a self buff. When I pulled it on reddit it didn't say where did you get the stuff from? I need to be where you are LOL.

Otherwise, could you stick this? And unstick the Grief review. Also, Thanks.

6. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Juno-Seto/Randolph/Zeruiah
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    Further riffing on this, Raaga carries more Spark damage than this new Thunder unit (Raaga = 190% Spark damage, new Thunder = 170% Spark damage), which the Thunder unit somewhat "makes up" for with 130% ATK buff and the odd LS passive buff that needs more numbers and clarification before we can quantify its value.

Essentially, you lose out on a fair chunk of BC generation and 20% Spark damage in favor of a bit of HC, an unreliable BB ATK% buff from LS, and an ATK buff.

IDK, 130% ATK adds about 15.5% squad damage, and we'll go ahead and assume the LS adds another 5% squad damage over time (with the wonky BB ATK% buff) for about 20% overall extra damage. Losing 20% Spark damage means a loss of 8% squad damage, so the Thunder unit's net damage gain is 12%.

That 12% is rather low considering how valuable 1-2 BC fill on Spark is. If it was me, I'd keep using Raaga as a Leader, especially considering Raaga is Light, not Thunder, and thus won't run into lessened damage anywhere, whether or not elemental retyping is available. Certainly, the new Thunder unit is better as a Sub than Raaga, but that's about it.

As for the new Thunder unit vs. Global's new Zenia, it's not even a contest. Zenia basically just took the throne for damage-dealing subs for the next couple months unless something crazy happens.

Eleiryn likes this.
  7. flnath

flnath Radiance

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zekt, Ark, Avant
    Level:
    350-ish
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I'm just confused about the genders though... Aren't the fire and light units female? and the water unit is a guy right?

Back to versatility. Well this batch is not a powercreep ,whew... Except that water guy, 70turn angel idol wow . And new buff mechanics are kinda nice to see (buff after 10k dmg / after x sparks), kinda like farlon's ES

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

8. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Cherubium

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    206 [JP]
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier JP, FFRK
    Fixed genders, I'm srry about that. Was doing it from tapatalk so yeah.

It should be all fine.

9. Tygsgg

Tygsgg North Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avani
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Dark is a dude.

spie_dee likes this.
  10. Imitater

Imitater Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Me myself
    Level:
    Currently Playing:
    BF
    Nothing special i think? Except the water one :rolleyes:

11. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Zeis, Regil, Rain, Ceulfan
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Competitive Gears of War 4 (Xbox)
    Light unit could have taken Bestie's spot if you had Ares buff from Sagahvel
    For Global however... Deimos brings the same usefull buffs and synergy with conversion buffs but he also brings the best LS in the game and Taunt mechanic... unfortunately this unit will have a hard time shinning in Global but is a great sub for JP, better than Bestie if you have Ares somewhere else and an optional conversion buff imo

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI P7-L10 en utilisant Tapatalk

12. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Zeis, Regil, Rain, Ceulfan
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Competitive Gears of War 4 (Xbox)
    I dont like the water unit. Many deadly moves remove buffs including Idol before killing you :/ and its an UBB so its unreliable or you might need a nuke UBB over this one.
    Her HP boost abilities are great but are they needed with dual 30% HP leads or Deimos (or Tridon) on Global ? No. Deserves a spot just because of that buff ? Hell no.

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI P7-L10 en utilisant Tapatalk

13. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Cherubium

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    206 [JP]
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier JP, FFRK
    Tbh, about the water one. Her UBB is 100% viable if you know when to use it. In certain trials it'd be pointless to use he UBB against a trial like Xie'Jing it'd be pointless to use his UBB there. Or his UBB cn vbe used for saving in raids even. There is many options for her.

14. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Water revives a dead unit(like ES) not an angel idol buff(like Tree).

Sent from the moon of Elimo's fucking planet.

15. godmelchio

godmelchio Rookie

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    GOD 한국 사람
    Leader:
    may
    Level:
    2XX
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    OUT OF 50 GEMS GOT ONLY THUNDER UNIT QQ

16. AbsentNight

AbsentNight Demon

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ._.
    Level:
    Add weakness damage for light units means that your light units will gain bonus damage to dark units, not bonus damage to light.

17. Locky

Locky Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Charla
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    I just think how amusing will it be to have Carisso + Ark leads + unit with alot of hits like Ruby or Lario, or (Selena with Lexida). How many normal hits do u think I can achieve with that, just for the lulz?

18. Simz

Simz

Server:
    Japanese
    Leader:
    Kira
    Level:
    let's take vestie es, so double
    lexida, so triple
    karisu ls so +4
    ark bb +5
    ruby ubb +7
    and if u can stack it with karisu bb +8
    ._______.

19. Luxaphiel

Luxaphiel Suppressor

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Shion
    Level:
    370+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, SAO Code Register, Tree of Savior
    I feel you. Almost 50 gems and just water unit for me. _(=~=_)

20. Locky

Locky Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Charla
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    somehow, asides from the dark unit (who is more fun than useful for stacking hit count +++), admittedly I'm not exactly excited to pull for them. just not as exciting as trying to pull for vestie or glyph.