Save me Sustainer

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius' started by HeroOfLightPKN, Nov 11, 2016.

1. HeroOfLightPKN

HeroOfLightPKN Phoebus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Retired
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    How the hell is possible to kill the third quest in the GGC.

One turn of enemy offense wipes my team

2. Henshen

Henshen Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (forever changing; Regil/Rain/Shion)
    Level:
    500+ (SM:250+)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Summoner Mode
    Since it's pretty much imitating Vargas GGC, bring "Barfira" with you and put it up each round.

That should water down the damage into much more tolerable levels. (also, replace Shiva)

3. JayD

JayD

Leader:
    Retired
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
    Try and mitigate as much damage as possible on turn one. So the usual Full Break + Cheer(Embolden if you have it from Refia) and squeeze in Barfira where you can. Also, don't forget that Shiva is weak to fire, so either replace her with Siren(!) or equip anti fire gear.

Other than that, heal on turn two and then proceed to layeth the smacketh down whilst maintaining your T1 buffs.

4. HeroOfLightPKN

HeroOfLightPKN Phoebus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Retired
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    So if I bring Sustainer's absurd dude, and Full Break with Vaan, AND use Barfire, and try to chain paralyze with Chizuru I can win XD
    Think I need better armor

5. Kiyoji21

Kiyoji21 Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Stuff
    Level:
    700+
    Barfira, Cheer/Embolden/Protectga, Full Break, etc. Basically, anything that can mitigate damage is what you should be using.

CoD is one of the MVPs since she has Man Eater passives and has an all element resist ability. Use Shining Splendors if you have them; blind works wonders. It was reported on reddit that BC Lid's Hex Strike will always proc his susceptible ailments (possibly a bug).

6. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    Blind helps a lot too.

7. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    3rd stage was difficult for me at first, but unlike some other super-hard in FFBE stages you CAN actually cheese it. :rofl: Mostly because Vargas is human and he's vulnerable to status ailments.

Here are some ways I've cleared it:

1) Cecil (heals) + Refia/Lenna/Tilith (backup healer, def down, cheer/embolden or Tilith's Celestial Light) + CoD (barrage). It's the longest and most painful way, but it's the bare minimum I've used to clear it. Chizuru + Diabolos is also not a bad damage dealer, but she gets outdone by CoD.

2) Maxed out Elza + CoD + Embolden/Cheer/Celestial Light can kill the boss in 2 turns. Use Elza to reduce Vargas' defenses by 50%, CoD barrage and after that spam Elza's 3 hit attack. Vargas goes down really fast. I've taken him down in 2 turns using this method.

3) Black Cat Lid trivializes this. I have absolutely no regrets pulling her during the Halloween event. Her Hex keeps Vargas paralyzed for pretty much the entire fight, her HP pool is decent enough that she's hard to kill when when he does attack and her DoT deals 55k damage a turn to Vargas, so even if you don't have CoD, he'll die eventually. Once I accumulated enough cacti to max her, I swapped Chizuru out for her. Since then I haven't lost a single fight. (y)

4) When all else fails, you can do it the good old fashioned way. On the first turn, use Focus (for increased magic damage and better heals) + Cheer/Embolden (more attack and def against Vargas' attacks) + Deshell/Deprotect (depending on if your damage dealers are magic or attack based) + Power break/Fullbreak (to counter Vargas' attack buff) + Barfira (more mitigation) + Barrage (damage, use CoD if you have her). After that, focus on healing your units and killing Vargas as quickly as possible before the buffs/defbuffs wear off. Invoking Golem also helps a lot in mitigating damage.

8. Jguet

Jguet Dark Finisher

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Sylvie, Grifter
    Level:
    580+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF (Ign:Grifter), FFBE
    My setup:
    Cecil, Refia, Karl, Tilith, CoD, Whatever friend (Elza/Luneth/CoD preferred)
    Turn 1 Barfira with Cecil, Attack break with Karl, Embolden, Barrage, Defense break Elza/Cut through Luneth/ Barrage CoD
    Turn 2 Heal with Refia, all out attack with the rest. Repeat step 2 if needed. If Refia gets taken out somehow, I just Heal with Cecil. Tilith is usually dead, just there for the bonus.

9. HeroOfLightPKN

HeroOfLightPKN Phoebus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Retired
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Heh so now there is Maxwell... I imagine this dude is even harder..

10. Jguet

Jguet Dark Finisher

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Sylvie, Grifter
    Level:
    580+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF (Ign:Grifter), FFBE
    Yeah, Maxwell is tough, finally cleared it on my 5th try. Warrior of light, Refia, Agrias, Cecil, Cloud of Darkness, and Cloud of Darkness friend with Dual wield.
    Gotta keep Maxwell debuffed, your party buffed and fill the summon gage before you kill her so you can summon Diablos.
    On another note, I sent you a request on Exvius earlier in the week Hero/Nova. Name is Grifter, just like on BF. I'm going to change my lead to Refia I think, as my Cloud of darkness doesn't have dual wield, and Refia has dualcast. I tried to send a request to Sustainer as well but he's full at the moment.

11. HeroOfLightPKN

HeroOfLightPKN Phoebus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Retired
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I have no idea how everyone is so much further ahead then me... I play this game every day but I'm sooooo weak >_>

anyway I got wiped in 2 turns by Maxwell with full 5*'s under full break, cheer up and the magic verIon of that...

It takes so long to level even a single character I doubt I'll be able to get this challenge either