screw Colosseum

Discussion in 'PVP Modes' started by kairu, Jun 5, 2016.

1. kairu

kairu Looper

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felice, Karl, silas
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I'm tired of the colosseum now, basic rank doesn't get enough points, don't have any units for next rank up, Conqueror class is a joke with 99% Arctic wings kyle lead mifune teams, and Hero class is also a joke 90% of the time.
    Walk into just one of many rouche teams, so done with the colosseum which is a shame as i "was" enjoying it and the prizes were nice too

2. amosai

amosai Eukleia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Nyami
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier FTW
    My advice to you is hit play and don't look. It's one thing to know that you have lost, it's another thing to know HOW you lost.

The rewards are pretty nice, you can always just do a few matches every time they renew a season.

Or perhaps you might need some help in squad building?

Ho Ho likes this.
  3. kairu

kairu Looper

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felice, Karl, silas
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    my squad is pretty consistent tbh, I'm using kyle for round 1 and lugina for round 2.
    Kyle's lead effect goes off now and again but almost never in comparison to the mifune teams which seems almost always.
    lugina helps but not by much when it comes to the mifune's going first, they just eat the whole team up with kyle's effect which is annoying.
    the most annoying thing isn't even the lead, it's the 4 mifune as it's a cheap win

4. adman_66

adman_66 Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Colt
    Level:
    227 and counting
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    here is the reason why i hate Colosseum.

after you get 2-3 consecutive wins, rng comes in and trolls me stupidest way with a combination of the following. Esna ls always going off, all my units only attacking 1 unit and of course the one with ai, my ai never works ( i think this is a bit bugged as many times my opponent has no big normal attack or bb hitter to counter ultor and selena, Ie 1-2 hits), units rarely using bb, opponent somehow just slaughters my team from normal attacks somehow with no crit (lance lead) or attack buff spheres like angelic foils( as they have a visual indicator). my team randomly does little to no damage (happens if i have an advantage or disadvantage or neutral), also facing hard leads/teams (esna lead, all ai units, etc... always after 2-3 wins) .

This always happens and it cant be a coincidence that my first 2-3 wins are always easy (or with little rng trolling) but then once the bonus points get high, it just shits on me. (i know its possible to have bad luck, but happening for this long...).

5. adman_66

adman_66 Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Colt
    Level:
    227 and counting
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    with the amount of rng trolling, a cheap win is almost mandatory if you wish to consistently win (especially when you are against a much weaker team) without constantly rolling dice to see what rng will do to you. just think of regular arena. It was a total rngesus worshiping pile of crap until the late 6* (basically hadaron)/early 7* era as that is when we got very good leader skills for arena that all but guarantee you a win every time.

I'm sure Colosseum will end up very similar to arena where you almost always will win.

6. kairu

kairu Looper

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felice, Karl, silas
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I know what you mean, I sometimes get lucky with a good win streak then bam it shits all over my team by facing me against mifune teams for the next 30 matches making me lose every single time

7. amosai

amosai Eukleia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Nyami
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier FTW
    I doubt it'll come soon though, maybe the mifune 8* squad might lower the RNG by a bit but still.....it's still RNG on who your mifunesss attack =/.

I am doing pretty well now with Hero class, my first 5 consecutive wins, there's still losses but not as many as before (15 streaks.......of losing, really made me want to throw the phone). You'll need magress, selena, belardo, and a few ai units and you're good to go.

I am not very familiar with the conqueror's class though since i tried it a few times with mifune + kyle and kept losing hard to people with 6* owens and grahden so I went back to Hero instead.

8. kairu

kairu Looper

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felice, Karl, silas
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I use grah and owen with lugina and adel using kyle as lead or lugina but as soon as kyle appears with a single mifune thats it game over every single time.
    RNG has fucked me around so much it's not even funny anymore, I know it's like 30% chance for kyle's effect to kick in but mine never goes off while my opponents does every single time.
    so i get watch a single cheap-fune rip my team a new A-hole, i'm bored of conqueror class, I don't have the patience for hero either and i don't have units low enough to do the lower classes anymore either, if the mifune fights wre less often, like 1/20 instead of 19/20 then i wouldn't be as salty about it

9. Elijah

Elijah Sage

Friend ID:
    Elijah
    Leader:
    Rickel
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Damn colosseum! rng is just a pain! pisses me off! been on a losing streak right now. I just don't get why Lanza's LS skill isn't as effective as when he is on the opponent side.. few hits their BB gauge is already up, when i'm using Lanza for my defensive squad (considering already added SP skills), it just doesn't seem to work out.

10. Yoshino

Yoshino Coronides

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur, Shion, Jack'O
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    It might be due to sphere setups aswell but I do notice that my Lanza doesnt do the same and I have the LS SP options (he has AI via a elgif) Ive now swapped to Zalvard and seem to be doing better

11. Brimstone Emperor

Brimstone Emperor Ouranous

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Edgelord McEdgy (x3)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    ME: SoM, Adulting, Skyrim (again, still)
    Ah. I've been using Zalvard and his AI seems to almost never go off, and his BC on hit is sometimes not enough to fill me up. I do have Lanza and I've been comtemplating switching to him (have to raise first) since he can give more BCs via SP (no AI SP, but that's ok there's lost record)and boosts activation rates. Thoughts?

12. Yoshino

Yoshino Coronides

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur, Shion, Jack'O
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    I have Lost Record on my Lanza its a good idea as it means you can increase him bb on hit for his ls. its just for more survivability Zalvard is more ideal. lanza is bascally for more points