Second squad help needed please :)

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by micus91, Jun 19, 2017.

1. micus91

micus91

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Barbara, Shion, Regil
    Level:
    185+
    Hello pro's!

Atm I am running a general squad for /GGC/Trials which consists of:
    :light: Regil (L) :dark:Shion :earth: Hisui :thunder: Rize :dark: Elza (F) Cleria (It works fine, thanks Pulsate for the squad suggestion!)

Now I am looking to build a second squad for similar purposes (Trials, GGC) with the following unit pool left:

(Consider them all omni)
    :water: Melord, Azalea, Elimo, Ilm, Tazer
    :fire: Agnia, Barbara, Valen, Alessa, Azurai, Sol, Rugahr
    :earth: Quaid, Daze, Rozalia
    :thunder: Rayla, Ky
    :light: Diastima, Ark, Ionia, Agress, Garrel, Elphelt,
    :dark: Zekuu, Feeva,

I had some ideas in mind, like: " Ilm (L), Ark (F), Ionia, Agnia, Quaid, Garrel but impovements can be made. So I want to hear your take on it. I am not looking for a perfect squad, just open to some ideas and extra in dept.

Thank you in advance (y)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Natsu / Lucius / Shion (a bit fluid though)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    You "ideas in mind" team is pretty close to what I would have suggested. Though, why Garrel? All he really brings is light atk/def for your 3 light units. Though, at the same time, I'm not sure who else you'd take that would make the team better. Maybe Feeva so you have HC/BC drop, BC efficacy, don't have to worry about Ionia BB for BC on spark? Depending on how you want to spend your SPs (and/or maybe buff application order), you could also choose which of Feeva/Agnia you want to have the stronger heal when hit buff.

3. micus91

micus91

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Barbara, Shion, Regil
    Level:
    185+
    Valid points indeed with replacing Garrel with Feeva to keep the HC/BC drop eff up. I think I probably did not include Feeva because of the Def & Rec buff overlap with Agnia. Though the 3 turn DEF & REC buffs of Feeva are weaker than Agnia's, Agnia's DEF+Rec buffs are only available on BB, which pretty much sucks. That in mind maybe I could take the weaker buff instead on Feeva's SBB so I don't have to mind casting normal BB's with Agnia. Agnia's kit is pretty diverse so I don't feel like wasting too much slot efficiency.
    And probably cannot rely too much on BB on spark of Ionia since we are talking about Trials, GGC's would go slightly better. Good advice thank you, feel free to make suggestions on the last spot, units outside my pokedex, maybe I will try to pull them later on.

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Probably worth looking at Ark lead for dmg mitigation after 5k dmg... or Azurai, really, Azurai lead is also viable for trial/GGC/boss fight purposes, though the crit dmg bonus will not work vs. many newer bosses. He would still provide mitigation LS and so on.

I'm not really gonna suggest a second alt build 'cause, well, I'm slightly confused about the rationale behind Hisui in the Regil + Shion, Hisui, Rize, Elza + Cleria primary build, there are several clashes here:
    - this is effectively losing you some percentage points of stat buff due to the Hisui/Shion clash.
    - Rize and Elza clash on HoT, IIRC Rize's is stronger than Elza but I'm not sure
    - Elza and Regil clash on spark dmg buff, Regil's is considerably better than Elza's
    - Ilm instead of Hisui would make more sense from an efficiency perspective, although this means you are completely relying on the Cleria friend for ailment removal (as Hisui has ailment removal and Ilm does not).
    - alternatively the build could just be run without Shion as Hisui+Rize provide all base stat buffs between them, though Shion does of course do his other shit like elements, UBB, OD fill.
    - if you're getting sparks fill BB gauge from Cleria friend, it'd make more sense to take Diastima in the Elza slot. If you wish to retain sparks fill BB gauge in own squad, can consider Ionia sphered for ailments in Elza slot.

The only explanation I can think of is that the build was suggested to be self-sufficient without the Cleria friend (e.g. for Guild Raid), or in the event you cannot guarantee Cleria friend...therefore it is important you retain Hisui for status ailment removal... but even in that situation I would consider swapping Elza for Ionia, and deciding whether you need Shion in there or not.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017