Vortex Guide Soul Bound Saga: Ocular Ordinance Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by BlaBlaBloid, Nov 29, 2014.

1. BlaBlaBloid

BlaBlaBloid

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    no
    [​IMG]
    Reports of unknown forces are gathering in the Vortex and believed to be a great threat in Grand Gaia! Gather your squads and march your way to the Special Dungeon: Machine of Destruction. Go deep into this mystery and unfold the story of a demigod who were once a supreme ruler of the battlefield.
    Vortex Dungeon – Soul Bound Saga [Machine of Destruction]
    November 28, 19:00 PST ~ December 5, 18:59 PST

Note:

Ultor (4-star) and Valiant Ultor (5-star) is available from the Rare Summon Gate
    Cyclaw (4-star) is capturable from the [Machine of Destruction] Vortex Dungeon
    Cyclaw (4-star) can evolve into Turbo Cyclaw (5-star)
    Cyclopean Ultor (6-star) will require both Turbo Cyclaw (5-star) and Valiant Ultor (5-star)
    INCREASED RATES for the 4-star and 5-star of Ultor from the Rare Summon Gate until Nov. 29, 5:59 PST

[Discussion Thread]
    [​IMG]

Ocular Ordinance is a rather easy dungeon that just came out today! Here is a comprehensive guide to units, attacks, and beating Cyclaw without Ultor.
    First off, Cyclaw is a unit you can capture, and his 5* is an evolution material to get Ultor's 6 star.
    These levels are rather easy, although just to let you know Cyclaw's damage may catch you off guard.
    (by the way, those little icons are a new feature. Just click on them and it'll pull of the BF pros database for that unit.)
    Level 1:
    Battles 1-3:

Simple fodder units. Most teams can kill them in one turn.
    Battle 4:
    Phoenix:
    A standard Phoenix boss fight, just like those in quests. You should have no trouble defeating it.
    Battles 5-6:
    More fodders.
    Battle 7: Cyclaw[​IMG]
    Cyclaw is the first battle here that isn't dirt-easy. He has about as much health as a totem. On the first turn, Cyclaw casts a BB called "Self-Repair Activated." He will heal 1500-3000 health each turn after this. Cyclaw also has a BB called Charged Blast, which is a powerful STBB. It shaved off about 500 health from my Narza through mitigation, so be wary, he hits like a truck.

Level 2:
    This level is very similar to level 1, but don't underestimate it. Cyclaw is still pretty tough.
    Battles 1-3:
    Fodder units.
    Battle 4:
    Lava Phoenix. Again, pretty standard boss.
    Battles 5-6:
    Fodder units.

Battle 7: Cyclaw[​IMG]
    Fodder units.

No, just kidding. Cyclaw is essentially the same as level 1, except with more HP, and he heals more every turn. He gains a STBB called "Ocular Blast" or "Ocular cannon" or something along those lines. It's essentially Charged Blast, but with more damage. He has more HP, but is still not much of a threat.

Level 3:
    This level is harder that the rest by a large margin. However, this doesn't show until Cyclaw.
    Battles 1-3:
    Fodder units.
    Battle 4:
    God Phoenix. You know, the usual.
    It's possible on this stage to fight a burst frog and four hobgoblins. The burst frog is captureable. (thanks to Koshchei for comfirming this)
    Battles 5-6:
    Fodder units.

Battle 7: Turbo Cyclaw[​IMG]

Cyclaw has a lot of HP this time, and heals from 10-12k HP each turn. Every few turns (not sure if this is HP or turn based), he will use a BB called "Scan and Destroy". One or two turns after this, he does a massive AoE called "Obliterate". This took my full team of 6 stars down to about 45%. When he gets to around 10%, he'll use a BB called "Eletric Force Field". This creates a shield effect similar to the one Hellborn Dilias cast in the halloween vortex. It also adds thunder element to hi Just keep fighting him normally, and kill the shield fast, because he'll still heal while it's up. I'm not sure about capture rates, but I haven't caught him yet after running all 3 levels and level 3 twice.
    Recommended Units:
    -Mitigation units (Darvanshel, Oulu, Narza) are not needed but help with obliterate on level 3
    -Healer (Ulkina, Elmio, Tia, etc) are not needed, but again, help with obliterate.
    -STBBS/Heavy Damage Dealers(Azael, Hogar, Kajah, Logan, Lorand) can take down his large amounts of HP.
    Recommended Items:
    -Divine light deals with obliterate.
    -Revive just in case
    -Cures and fujins are always helpful
    There you have it! A guide to Soul Bound Saga! Thanks for reading, feedback is appreciated!
    Attatched are the stats of Ultor and Cyclaw. Ultor is the one with the absurdly high base attack.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Koshchei likes this.
  2. BlaBlaBloid

BlaBlaBloid

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    no
    Reserved for other info

3. Koshchei

Koshchei

Leader:
    On level 3 battle 4 instead of the Phoenix I fought a burst frog and four hobgoblins. I didn't capture it but presumably you can.

He also seems 100% crit immune. I did kill him with a full Maxwell squad and normal questing items (cure, high cure, divine light, Ares flute, normal revive) however thanks to a little bit of luck and burning all my healing items. Make sure you have a status preventer. He also never shielded against me.

Also also, caught him first run of level 3.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  4. Beastferu

Beastferu Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lario SBB 10| Cardes SBB 10 | Elza SBB10 | Maxwell SBB10 | Zelnite SBB10 | Lilly Mattah SBB10
    Level:
    You should add in some recommended squad/units/items etc. for this guide.

Can confirm there's a chance of Burst Frog appearing and it is possible to captured.

I believe the electric shield actually adds Thunder element to him, because water wasn't doing x2 damage.

We do have a guides section btw, you should have posted it there.

5. BlaBlaBloid

BlaBlaBloid

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    no
    I wasn't aware just anyone could post in the guides section, I thought you had to have special permissions. Anyway, I'll add that information when I have time later, thanks for the feedback.

6. BlueLatios

BlueLatios Duelist

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Wizard Dean
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    What's the amount of experience gained after completion?

7. Maidethess

Maidethess Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Many different ones upon request
    Level:
    IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
    Currently Playing:
    Star Wars: The Old Republic<<<<Hit me up
    I actually through a ragtag group of units together.
    I can beat level 1 with my normal questing squad
    Level 2 and 3 though I had to improvise with a squad I just recently rare summoned(kinda glad I did)

The squad I ended up using for level 2 and 3 are a
    5* Reeze (L)---Leader:needed her leader skill
    5* Karl (L)
    5* Raydn (L)
    5* Tesla (A)
    6* Themis (L)--with sbb strictly for the healing benefits

I literally through this team together without any thought for proper units and I have no issues beating all three levels. None of them have gems and I run it on auto battle the entire time

8. Lindbrum

Lindbrum Diablo

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Llewxam, Magena, Yggdrasil, Capricorn
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, FFRK, Mobius FF, WoW
    you forgot that on lvl 3 Turbo Cyclaw will cast a STBB called "ocular smite" that deals MASSIVE damage (he almost killed my maxed 5* breaker sodis with mitigation).

9. Josh

Josh Lantern Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    I've moved this thread to the guides section for you - thank you for the contribution. :)

Koshchei likes this.