Spheres?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Godsuga tensho, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Godsuga tensho

Godsuga tensho Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Godsuga
    Leader:
    Roglizer
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    is there a guide on how to use spheres properly on this forums ? I’m still new to the game ...just want to know what type of spheres I have to use on what units ...

2. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Mikus just Mikus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    Generally spheres have different types. Stat boosting, BB boosting, damage boosting etc. A unit can hold a max of 2 spheres if you put a sphere frog into the unit. So for example a unit can have Occult Treasure (Stat boosting) and a Dragon mother (damage reduction type sphere. You can never have 2 of a same type on any unit. Also some units have a ES which requires a certain sphere type so for example Erza Scarlet needs a damage reduction sphere to acctivate a portion of her ES. And some units require a specific actual sphere like Ezra requires ortus

3. Godsuga tensho

Godsuga tensho Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Godsuga
    Leader:
    Roglizer
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Right ....but ...what I meant to ask was how do you choose which sphere is best for certain units like for example I have Regil : what Two spheres you choose in order to get the best out of him ? Do you just equip him with any sphere depending on what stats/buffs regil gives me or how does that work ? It’s kinda confusing to me..

4. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Mikus just Mikus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    Its doesnt actually really matter in general aslong as you have a status sphere as the main. for stuff like collesium you want to put that with either ailment negation spheres or attack boosting or even ones with damage reducing. (If you have a unit like Sae for example her ES has status negate for all allies but it doesnt hurt to equip her with say Masked steerwell (which adds ailment cleanse to bb/sbb and negates status ailments). Regil is ok with anything really

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    As @Yoshino indicates, for general purpose regular do-everything gameplay, typically one of the sphere slots on a unit would be filled with a stat boosting sphere that includes a HP bonus. But generally speaking the second sphere (or desired additional effects on the main stat sphere) depends, there's no hard and fast rule. Typically you want something that either complements the unit's role, yes... technically... e.g. it is quite important that the mitigator has BB/SBB up frequently, so maybe mitigator wants BB/SBB sphere. Or for example, let's say your status ailment cleanse unit doesn't themselves have status ailment immune/null in their ES, so maybe you want a status ailment null sphere on them so that unit itself is never status locked, and can then cleanse rest of squad. Or if it's a damage dealing unit they may want something to increase their already-high personal damage. But it depends. There's no universal one-size-fits all rule here.

With Regil, he's mostly a lead skill. I mean, he's got damage buffs and stuff on BB/SBB, but really what a squad brings Regil for is his LS. He has no particular need to maintain BB/SBB uptime or whatever, you're not relying on him for anything crucial like heals or cleanse, so... well, I mean Regil CAN heal, I suppose, but that probably isn't a popular SP option on Regil.

Again, as @Yoshino says, for other game modes like arena/colo you will want different sphering, e.g. for arena/colo raw HP and stats aren't so important, you want just... atk, normal increase, maybe def, maybe ailment null (as many people use ailment inflict squads). For Frontier Hunter you generally load units up with dmg increase spheres of various kinds. And so on.

Godsuga tensho likes this.