Squad Advice for a returning player!

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Bash_Mead, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Bash_Mead

Bash_Mead Divine

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Savia / Omni Ark / Mordlim
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Hey guys, new to the forums, and have picked up BF again after a few years out.
    I'm still figuring out the new units etc and new play style but would LOVE some advice on unit squad!

I have a list of fully boosted / imped and sp'd omni units:

:water: Sae, Savia, Stein, Holia, Yunos

:thunder: Ragra, Beiorg, Fizz, Zora

:earth: Hisui, Mariletta, Daze, Lanza

:fire: Shura, Valen

:light: Reseus, Agress

:dark: Sonia, Zekuu, Zalvard

I'm actually struggling with Karna Masta at the moment, but think my current squad of Sae, Savia (L), Hisui, Ragra and Shura is wrong.
    All and any advice would be welcome, what i'm missing etc and what I should be looking out for :) I'm also looking for active users and guild etc - i'm a UK daily player and would love to chat!

Thanks, Bash

I'll add in the extra units I haven't maxed yet, in case it helps! Or if i've been a fool to leave them out my squad!

Ventri, Gyras, Rozalia, Barvars, Baro
    Barbara, Golzo, Michele, Lyonesse, Malef
    Silas, Ewan
    Janice, Garrel, Lara, Ark 7*
    Gregor, Dorte

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    On Karna Masta: Savia is a spark dmg squad lead. This is a problem vs. Karna. I've heard, though have never personally confirmed, that Karna is spark dmg resistant. Second, in Karna your BB/SBB use is 'soft' restricted, so you likely aren't getting much sparks anyway.

Karna casts BB gauge drain every time you do five (later six) BBs or SBBs, with the counter running across turns. This also advances the timer on Karna's fuck-you. As a result, the conservative strategy is to minimise BB and SBB use, only really casting to heal or refresh buffs. Instead you'll do more damage via normal attacks... a normal hit buff like Savia or Reseus UBB can help, but even the fixed Dark Ark friend provides some amount of normal hit increase on BB anyway.

A very playing-it-safe Karna setup would be... :earth:Hisui (Lead, for mitigation/stats) + :water:Holia (for heals and UBB), :earth:Mariletta (or Agress, for BB fill when squad dmg), :water:Savia (or Reseus, for UBB), (choice of last unit - Fizz for normals, or maybe Sonia/Zora for atk debuff) ... if you have the chance, can cast Holia UBB for 80% KO resistance, maybe Savia UBB for normal hit, but do bear in mind the fight assumes you'll cast Dark Ark UBB in Phase Two to cancel Karna fuck-you. Note that Karna Phase Three needs you to throw out 3x UBBs fast, so try to enter Phase Three with full OD gauge. You get free OD fill on some Phase Three turns, check wiki or guides for that and plan accordingly, e.g. cast first UBB with OD from Phase Two, cast second UBB with OD from free refill, maybe use Hero Crystal + 1x Fujin and cast last UBB.

Speaking more generally beyond Karna:

TRIAL/GGC/GUILD RAID
    - the above Karna build works more generally as a trial/GGC/mixed element GR setup. Ideally use Regil/Lukroar friend, with Zora in the last slot. If no Regil/Lukroar, maybe Sonia in last slot.

RAID
    - use same build with Savia as squad lead

FRONTIER HUNTER/CRIT
    :dark:Gregor (Lead) + :fire:Michele (or Malef, SP elements), :water:Savia, :fire:Shura, (last slot depends)

- ideally second Shura in last slot, or bring whatever hard-hitting or high hit count unit

ARENA/COLO
    - can use Sae lead and all-water squad with Holia and others, or maybe Fizz lead and mixed squad on attack, with Janice/Zalvard lead on defence

My guild (as in the guild I'm a member of) has some free space, but you'll need to message Eleiryn or Priya - maybe our third officer, though he uses different handles and I honestly forget what his ID on this site is. We do require active Guild Raid participation, though...we are not super hardcore, this is a 'we realise people have lives' guild, but there is a kinda minimum expectation - we're rank 48-50ish and kinda want to keep that.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  3. Bash_Mead

Bash_Mead Divine

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Savia / Omni Ark / Mordlim
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6

Wow thanks for the input, I'll try with your squad suggestions it seems to do more than just my 'dmg' set up haha.

: squad advice