Squad Advice please

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by HungiForSushi, Jan 11, 2015.

1. HungiForSushi

HungiForSushi Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Flora Queen Faris
    Level:
    My units:
    -Flora Queen Faris
    -Havoc Queen Luly
    -Ember Sage Fiora
    -Ryujin Mifune
    -Snow Princess Eva
    -Thunder King Eze
    -Sage Bran
    -Nick
    -Jack
    -Royal Dragon Farvnil
    -Thunder Beast Esna
    -Cyborg Lillith
    -Dark Blade Zephyr
    -Red Slash Farlon
    -Sea Pirate Eve
    -Gun King Douglas

My current squad I'm using is Faris as the leader with, Luly, Mifune, Eva, and Fiora. Is this the best squad for me or should I switch some units out?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Faris is best choice as leader. Nick is surprisingly also a fairly decent leader pick, but Faris is more generally useful.

Luly and Faris are slightly redundant on the same squad...basically Luly buffs the health crystal drop rate of all units. Faris buffs her own health crystal drop rate (not anyone else's). I don't think this stacks, so strictly Luly alone is arguably better...but you need Faris for lead skill. So my recommendation is to keep it as it is (as you do not own a healer), but it's not ideal.

Esna may be advisable to bring for negative status cure/protect, particularly against bosses, replacing Mifune. Lilith would be a better squad member against bosses as well, replacing Eva. But you may not want Esna and Lilith on the team 24/7.

3. HungiForSushi

HungiForSushi Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Flora Queen Faris
    Level:
    I recently summoned and pulled Eve, Farlon, Zephyr, and Douglas. I've heard people say that Douglas is exceptional for BB Spam teams once he gets his SBB. Should I replace Douglas with someone on my squad?

4. TranhVo

TranhVo Crusader

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell | Elza | Ultor/Zergel (Arena)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Chain Chronicles
    I believe you, but can you tell me how you know this? I'm curious because I always assumed Faris' HC buffs applied to everyone. Does it have to do with wording or something?

5. HungiForSushi

HungiForSushi Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Flora Queen Faris
    Level:
    You can check the Brave Frontier Wiki for this. If you scroll to the bottom of Flora Goddess Faris' page, it states in the 'Additional Information and Notes' that her SBB HC buff affects only herself.

6. HungiForSushi

HungiForSushi Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Flora Queen Faris
    Level:
    I'll put the link here http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Flora_Goddess_Faris

7. TranhVo

TranhVo Crusader

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell | Elza | Ultor/Zergel (Arena)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Chain Chronicles
  8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    I prefer to refer to the unit skills database maintained by Bravefrontierpros (more info, if you're willing to look through the tables). To answer your question, Faris BB HC buff does not affect everyone else, it isn't really a buff per-se - it's more that her BB inherently generates something like 30% more HC than it otherwise should, and her SBB increases that percentage (up to around 85% I think).