Squad Building for You-Know-Who

Discussion in 'Quests & Bosses' started by Lux-Erebus Games, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Lightning Menace Silas
    And no, I don't mean THAT You-Know-Who. Any references will be given the boot treatment (much as I love it).

I've asked around and started to prepare a squad for this. So far these are my ideas, but if anyone has any better ones I can use I'd love to hear them while I'm still in the preparation phase. Equipment suggestions for the units would also be welcome. Friend suggestions don't apply, obviously.

LEAD: :light: Howling Wolf Zekt (SP's: Elemental damage negation, enhanced HP boost via BB, pretty much every 10 SP option)

:earth: Chivalrous Thief Zelnite (SP's: Parameter boost, raised hit count, OD fill rate, enhanced BC/HC drop rate increases)

:water: Sapphire Noble Stein (SP's: HP gain on attack w/BB/SBB, element damage negation, defensive param boosts, two-turn mitigation)
    *Note: If it's a better idea I may use Magress instead since he contributes raised defense.

:light: Ideal Subject Lauda (SP's: 50% attack boost and all Special options.)
    *Note: I may use Felice in his place if it's a better idea. Although I drew her fairly recently so it'd take a little while.

:water:Torrential Scar Holia (SP's: 50% HP boost, ailment negation on BB/SBB, ailment negation on self, increased HoT on BB/SBB)

Or if some of those aren't good ideas, here's the rest of what I have...

~My Units~
    :fire: OE/OE Potential: Vargas, Avant, Shura (x3), Azurai, Adriesta, Ciara, Lyonesse
    Lower: Lucifer, Vermilion, Darvanshel, Ruby, Adel, Limera, Shelly, Ultor, Elise, Golzo

:water: OE/OE Potential: Selena, Azami (x2), Stein (x2), Melord, Holia (x2), Mariela, Vern (x2), Charlotte, Zalts
    Upcoming OE: Elimo (x2), Ilm
    Lower: Asahi, Averus, Karl, Savia, Soleil, Signas, Sera, Fei

:earth: OE/OE Potential: Lance, Zelnite (x2), Felice, Daze (x2), Quaid, Gyras, Rozalia
    Lower: Nozomi, Estelle, Avani, Tora, Toutetsu, Dion, Libera, Duran, Dolk, Drevas, Dure, Andaria, Lario, Lin

:thunder: OE/OE Potential: Eze, Silas (x2), Viktor, Lid, Rayla, Fizz
    Lower: Merkabah, Eldora, Rahgan, Reud, Julius, Voldoga, Rina, Lafiel

:light: OE/OE Potential: Atro, Lara, Izuna (x2), Zekt (x3), Lauda (x3), Ark, Garrel (x2), Zellha (x2)
    Lower: Flynn, Krishna, Estia, Xenon & Estia, Tyrfing, Lucius, Gazia, Maxwell, Sefia, Lilith, Rinon, Nemethgear, Jed, Rouche, Reihard, Layla, Astall, Aurelia, Allanon

:dark: OE/OE Potential: Magress, Mifune (x4), Kalon, Zenia, Haido, Alice, Gregor, Johan
    Lower: Dagda, Xenon, Laevateinn, Zeal, Cardes, Zevahlua, Afla Dilith, Feeva, Xie'Jing, Shida, Grahdens, Kajah, Aaron, Yuura, Chrome, Laberd, Melina, Lilly Matah

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017 at 6:32 PM
  2. TheLanimal89

TheLanimal89 Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rain,Fina,Azurai,Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Destiny
    Zekt is definitely the best Unit to use as your Leader. I would go with the following for the rest of the Squad:
    Holia/Selena (HoT is a REQUIREMENT)
    Mariela (BB Management on both BB/SBB and her SBB also aids in OD gauge fill which is a MUST)
    Stein (Only real Mitigator you have...definitely need that 2-turn mitigation. On certain stages you may have to use his UBB for the 75% mitigation)
    Lauda (you will be using Normal Attacks more than you think, so he will be good with his High ATK)

3. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Lightning Menace Silas
    Alright... I wonder, would Elimo work anywhere? From what I understand she's getting her OE tomorrow. Although I am a tad skeptical since she's a non-attacking BB type.

4. TheLanimal89

TheLanimal89 Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rain,Fina,Azurai,Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Destiny
    Elimo's OE Form will be great, but the only downfall is like what you said, non-attacking BB/SBB/UBB. With her SP Options she does get a decent HoT option as well as Healing with each BB/SBB/UBB. I am sure with the right Squad it would work, but I would prefer having someone that can dish out some damage at the same time.

5. RainyRai

RainyRai Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Taking Elimo is not necessary but you can do it if you want.
    For now though:
    Zekt(Lead)
    Magress(for the defense buff and guard mitigation. Stein's kit is not necessary with your other units.)
    Selelna(HoT is required, also boosts BC regen/heal when attacked to replace Stein's/and BC/HC drop rate)
    Lauda(consistent damage, BC on spark)
    Zelnite(BB support and healer)

6. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Lightning Menace Silas
    Update: Added the following new units to my roster via New Year's Summons. Don't know if they change any of the above suggestions but still.
    :fire: Lyonesse
    :earth: Gyras
    :earth: Rozalia
    :dark: Gregor
    :dark: Johan

7. et477

et477 Behemoth

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Silas, Gabriella and Zelnite.
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Clash royale, mkx storm raiders
    Nope nothing changes.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

8. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Lightning Menace Silas
    A little while since my last update here since I've been working on my SP's a lot, but anyways.
    UPDATE: Added the following units to my roster via the special Resummon.
    :fire: Golzo
    :thunder: Lafiel
    :light: Allanon
    :water: Ilm

9. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Ilm could work. Take that instead of Magress/Stein. Ilm has def buff relative to HP, but no base def buff, so for that instead of using Magress you could replace Zelnite in squad with an Atro SP'd for BB fill when squad damage and burst heal.

Something like Zekt (Lead) + Ilm, Atro, Lauda, Selena/Holia.

10. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Lightning Menace Silas
    That might have to be the way to go... Atro doesn't have burst heal, though, but he has something similar.
    That being said, I tried just now with Zekt, Stein, Zelnite, Lauda, and Holia and I don't think that's good enough. I got a good bit farther than I thought I would but then KM decided to be an RNG sourpuss and focus-attack Stein and Lauda, killing them both when he was on his second phase at about a third of his health.
    I'm starting to question Lauda's reliability too; lately he's been a hassle to keep alive and the lack of any param boosts other than attack doesn't help.

11. Lux-Erebus Games

Lux-Erebus Games

Leader:
    Lightning Menace Silas
    Well. Never mind that! I won on the second attempt; turns out on the first I was just super unlucky. I was kind of just testing things to see where I was, but it worked!! KM and Dark Ark both went down.