Squad Help For Returning Player

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Juanito, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Juanito

Juanito Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Hi guys/gals,

I've returned to this game, after long break (the addiction was real :rofl:), and i can see a lot has changed, and it is a bit overwhelming where to start. I've done some summons and raised some units, so was hoping if anyone can help at least give me ideas on which squad would be best for Guild Raid (not done this yet, as i left before they put the guild raid feature in) Frontier Hunter & General Use. My arena is fine, and Colosseum - never really got round to doing this....:rolleyes:. These are units i currently have -

:fire: Omni - Barion, Glenn, Azurai x 2, Shura, Avant, Lyonesse, Rain, Ciara, Rengaku, Malef, Kulyuk x 2, Adriesta , Vargas

7 stars at lvl 120 (Omni Potential) - Griff, Zegista, Agnia, Lava, Claire, Ruby, Michelle, Adel

:water: Omni - Lasswell x 2, Melord x 2, Azami, Selena, Wintia, Fate-eater llm, Elimo, Mariela, Holia, Stein, Vern

7 stars at lvl 120 (Omni Potential) - Iris x 2, Tazer, Colt, Medina, Savia, Asto, Vaisal, Charlotte

:earth: Omni - Felice x 2, Zeruiah x 2, Lance, Edea, Zelnite, Quaid, Daze, Hisui, Rozalia, Terry Bogard, Wannahon, Faelan

7 stars at lvl 120 (Omni Potential) - Ragshelm, Dion, Libera, Lanza, Mordlim

:thunder: Omni - Silvie, Rize x 2, Eze, Lid, Viktor, Fizz, Hallelujah, Rayla, Silas

7 stars at lvl 120 (Omni Potential) - Loch, Shera, Kanon, Balgran, Rhoa, Licht, Elenaor, Jireid, Ravenna,

:light: Omni - Linasera, Lauda, Ark, Zekt, Krantz, Sirius, Lara, Gaston x 2, Zellha, FIna, Garrel, Gabreila, Izuna, Juno-Seto, Mankai Sakura Miku, Atro

7 stars at lvl 120 (Omni Potential) - Sefia, Lillith, Kira

:dark: Omni - Mifune x 4, Elza x 2, Alice, Ensa-Taya, Shida, Magress, Kalon, Gregor, Sonia, Johan, Mizo Dorte, Zero, Zenia, Nyami x 2, Toki x 2, Galtier

7 stars at lvl 120 (Omni Potential) Kikuri x 2, Kafka, Feeva, Yuura, Haido

I do have other 7* units not listed, these were the omni potential ones that i was unsure whether to raise or not.

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks for any advice offered (y)

2. Juanito

Juanito Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Bump (y)

I’ve figured out pretty much the squad that I want to roll with, but just a quick question with regards to frontier hunter, as I’m still unsure with this squad, is Avant lead still viable? I’ve read that Zegista is a better version of Avant? Is Omni Shida the new meta, or Is Zeru or Allanon still good to use? would double Rize be better as nukers, or Omni Nyamis? Sorry for the million questions, just trying to get my head around this...

3. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Zegista is basically just straight up superior to Avant, yes. Avant is still viable, but since you have Zegista it would make sense to raise Zegista instead.

Do note that Frontier Hunter seasons are moving towards element theme, e.g. all-fire enemies, all-thunder enemies, and so on. Therefore strictly speaking a player may wish to consider different builds for each season, based on the expected element. Last FH was entirely earth enemies, and therefore the FH season favoured fire squads. Presumably the next season will be fire enemies, thus favouring water squads, but we'll see.

Due to this, it may be worth raising some FH leads which you wouldn't otherwise consider, e.g. Dion, Gregor, Kira, stand out to me as strong candidates that you probably haven't looked at.
    The new meta is to use an entirely mono element squad in FH rather than an element-add unit like Shida/Zeruiah/etc, see above. If you do have to use an element add unit for a mixed build, your options are Michele, Shida and Quaid.

Note that the reason why element adders aren't so strong here is that a lot of FH builds would use lead skills or buffs that increase element weakness damage (e.g. Dion, Gregor, Kira, see above). However, element weakness dmg buff is not compatible with additional elements from units like Shida/Zeruiah/Michele/Quaid/etc. EWD buffs damage done by, say, actual fire units to actual earth enemies. It doesn't boost fire dmg added by Shida/Zeruiah, for example.
    If element is not a factor, then two Nyami are better than two Rize... in a vacuum.

But since element is a factor, two Rize may be better than two Nyami if you're attacking water enemies, and the squad has element weakness damage buffs.

For example, if it's water enemies for Frontier Hunter, you'd be best off going... Dion (Lead) + Rize, Rize, Silvie, Silas/Fizz or something like that.

However if it's light enemies for Frontier Hunter, then you'd want... Gregor (Lead) + Nyami, Nyami, Feeva, Zero/Sonia/Elza or something.

It rather depends on the specifics.

This is similarly why it is tricky to answer your earlier question, in your initial post, about Guild Raid squad. Ideally there's no single 'Guild Raid' squad, the ideal situation is to have six mono element squads, one for each element. And the composition of said squad would vary depending on what you're doing in GR. If hunting elites and nothing else, you want a FH style mono ele setup.

If killing GR bosses, you either want a fairly tanky mono squad that still meets some damage benchmarks, or you want a high damage mono squad that just about clears survival requirements (i.e. hybrid either way, but priorities may differ). This is because a less active guild may require players to build to survive 40+ rounds vs. boss, whereas a very active guild can afford to have players going in with higher damage, lower-survival setups... because they never need to go 40+ rounds, they're killing bosses in like less than 10 turns.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Juanito likes this.
  4. Juanito

Juanito Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Hi Acyl,

Many thanks for the reply, i didn't realise that FH has changed to mono elements! I thought it was still same before i left, where you needed an Avant lead, and Zeru/Shida/Allanon were must have units in the sqaud for the six element buff, but i guess for now, they are useful depending on the enemy elements in FH.

I've since raised and maxed Zegista, Dion, Kira, Feeva, i've also summoned and raised divine dragon. who i've read is a good FH sub unit, Cleria, Amu Yunos and Senbonzakura Miku, and Gregor is maxed out as well ( I used to/currently use him for medal farming on Raid).

Is Guild raid similar to normal raid then, where just like in raid there would be yourself and 3 other players, Guild raid is yourself and the guild your in? and the objective is to beat the 'boss at the end, or do the most damage? I'm new to this, so don't quite understand Guild raid yet.

Many thanks (y)

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    This is fine...
    Wait, wait, what? Okay, so, Divine Dragon/Lukroar (name change on evo) is one of the best hard content/general purpose squad leads in the game, due to having universal dmg reduction/mitigation on lead skill. There's two kinds of lead skill dmg reduction, the Lukroar type is weaker but is always on, and you can take two Lukroar (own lead and friend), and the lead skills will combine. The other kind of lead skill dmg reduction is found on Cleria, but you can't take, say, Cleria lead and Cleria friend, or Cleria lead and Rain/Mariela/Phileine/etc friend (doesn't matter if a different unit, it's the same effect) 'cause you can only have one copy active at a time.

But... that's why we use Lukroar. I mean, I guess you could use Lukroar in an FH squad, he does bring spark dmg buff, which you want, and he does have elemental weakness dmg (EWD) buff which is helpful if your squad is correctly tailored for the opposing element... EWD buff boosts, say, light dmg done by actual light units to actual dark enemies, doesn't affect light element 'added' by units like Zeruiah. So I could see it, but...

Still, really, literally the first time I've heard anyone claim Lukroar is for FH. Not misusing the word 'literally' here. That's a new one. I guess it's possible, but, like, that's missing the entire point of Lukroar. He's a hard content or multipurpose squad lead, the lead skill is the whole idea, the rest of him is just, like, eh, he does something on his BB and SBB, y'know?
    Senbonzakura Miku would only be good in earth squads and Amu Yunos only truly valuable for water squads, but I'm sure you know that.
    http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Raid:Tutorial

Read that. Guild Raid divides guilds into lobbies of 15 players (meaning total 45 guild members can raid across three rooms, but each room gets its own opponent). You're matched against another guild. You don't fight them directly, but there's a kind of territory capture thing. Under ideal circumstances you'll be capturing outposts and fighting a boss roughly every hour and a half or so for the duration of a match. A match is a full day affair, just so we're clear. People set alarms and use discord alerts and whatever.

An efficient guild will dogpile on the boss, getting like three to ten people, if not the full fifteen, hitting the boss at any one time. Under such circumstances squad builds can be geared significantly more towards damage than survival. A less efficient guild will have people engaging in smaller groups, perhaps even solo, meaning squads need to be considerably more tanky.

The writeup on wiki doesn't mention it, but it is also possible to farm elite mobs on the map for fairly decent points; this is a way for less active guild members to contribute. People also typically burn off energy on elites before going to sleep or something, since GR matches last a full day, so inevitably even the most active people will have periods where they can't be participating.

And of course some people are unwilling to do the whole boss fighting cycle thing ('cause let's face it, every hour and a half, yeah), so... elites.

Elite farm setups would just be pure damage... or just someone's boss team being used for that purpose.

Very broadly speaking, in effect a GR squad is a hybrid between a trial/GGC/boss setup and a FH/crit setup. This is distinctly different from a regular raid build, because raid squads don't care about crit buffs and EWD outside medal rush. GR squads want crit and EWD (as do FH/crit squads). But unlike the FH/crit squad, the GR squad probably wants at least some survival effects and heals. If you gotta solo GR bosses or your guild is slow/inactive, you'll need a very tanky squad, since you ain't killing shit if you're dead.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Juanito likes this.
  6. Juanito

Juanito Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Ah ok.........so i guess i kinda...under estimated Lukroar.....Kinda lol I'm going to have to find the video/post that i read about him, they recommended Lukroar as a really good FH unit/sub unit in quest/trial etc. I know it depends on the situation, but would i still gear the SP skills towards spark damage, or i'm assuming i'm better getting this buff from another unit e.g. Silvie, and make Lukroar more 'Tanky'. Again i'm assuming with the leader skill, it would be better to go tank. I'm still kinda new to all these new units, so a little overwhelmed with who to raise, and searching the forums & Reddit for info.

Yeah, i knew that Miku and Amu Yunos would be good for their respective elements, with as you said FH going mono element, i'm raising a sh*t ton of units now, in prep for FH which is tomorrow...i think lol unless its like the good old days, where Gumi would do maintenance for the maintenance...poor loading skeleton lol

So Guild Raid.........looks intense lol Thanks for providing the link, i'll look at that when i get some free time, i think i need to....i understand the concept, don't think i can manage doing it every 1 and half hours, so elites sounds like my thing, but we'll see. and as you've wrote, i wanna kill shit and not be dead :ninja: lol Just managed to join a Guild, see how it goes.

Thanks again for the help and knowledge (y)

7. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Since duplicate buffs of the same exact type/category can overwrite each other, in the event of having Lukroar and Silvie in same squad, if one of their spark values is lower than the other, you may occasionally overwrite the stronger buff with weaker one. It may therefore make sense to strengthen both, if using the two units together.
    Ask your guild what their expectations are and how you can contribute. My guild is cool with people elite farming and nothing else, others may not be. I expect though that even semi-serious guilds realise people can't make every boss cycle. There's also things you can do like scout outposts and so on.

Happy to help. Hope this was useful.

Juanito likes this.
  8. Juanito

Juanito Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I’m overwhelmed again lol I need a little help again please :confused:

With the frontier hunter summon gate, I thought to waste more money, and summon some units, and I was just wanting to know which units I should prioritize to raise. The units are as follows -

Ragnia
    Agress
    Eriana
    Ludero
    Luina
    Zeleste
    Solos
    Azalea
    Amus
    Regil
    Barvars
    Barbara
    Zekku

These are all 7* at the moment, I know from a little research, Regil, Amus, Agress and possibly Zeleste should be priority, at least the first three are anyway. Am I overlooking anyone?

Any help is much appreciated (y)

9. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Regil and Amus are definitely popular picks. Regil's similar to Lukroar, except the lead skill is slightly worse (less stats), but Regil lead is more flexible - Lukroar requires five elements in squad, which is a pain, with Regil you can more easily double up on elements rather than having some weird unit choices and compromises due to Lukroar's five element thing. Amus is useful for people who want to roll healing duties into the mitigator slot, although Amus doesn't do crit/ele/debuff null (but this is either optional, or can be picked up from another slot).

Zeleste's a maybe, it depends. His LS isn't very interesting, it's a weaker crit dmg type lead, generally if you want crit dmg on an LS you'd go with Zegstia or something. He could be used as lead for a water dmg squad, e.g. in GR or something, but then that depends further on what kind of Guild Raid setup you do, e.g. Azalea lead may also be viable for a more tanky approach. As an individual unit he combines spark dmg buff with sparks fill BB gauge, but strictly since you have Regil/Lukroar likely in squad, all you want is sparks fill gauge from someone else, I'd prioritise Shida, Silvie, Adriesta, Savia, Feeva over Zeleste TBH, as sources of sparks fill BB gauge.

Agress is a flat no, low priority. He's one of those units who's... just sorta there, I mean, he does stuff, it may be useful to some builds, but all in all he was fairly bland even as a new unit. Def and some BB gauge support. Necessary stuff, but also common stuff, so there's a lot of alternatives. Fairly early Omni release so quite heavily outclassed by later releases.

Eriana's liked by some - she's a healer though, you have several options for that, including Amus herself. Solos is also popular with some people, but you do have several mitigator options (notably you have Ilm, Solos is similar to Ilm in a squad build).

Barvas has KO resist SP option, and is therefore worth considering as an arena/colo unit solely for that reason.

A lot of the other units here are pretty good in their own right but are likely lower priority for main squad setup. However if you're getting into Guild Raid and so on it may be worth considering mono element builds, e.g. Azalea, Zeleste, some others look more attractive in that context.

Juanito likes this.
  10. Juanito

Juanito Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Hi Acyl,

Thanks again for the info, starting to get a grip now on the current content (y)

with regards to the next FH, which by the looks of it, will be fire element enemies, so mono water squads, can you please just have a look over the squad I’m planning to use? I think I’ve covered what I’ve needed, with the units I have -

(L) Zeleste
    Lasswell
    Lasswell
    Twinkle Miku
    Azalea
    Most likely Ravea (F) - have got quite a few friends who use Ravea as (L)

Or I can use Amu Yunos lead, and swap out Azalea or Zeleste? Testing this out, I was getting a higher damage score with Amu lead and Zeleste sub, then Zeleste lead and Azelea sub

Would Azami be useful in this squad, for the increased damage to status afflicted foes? I know there’s Vern, but I’m guessing she’s an ‘old’ unit now, and maybe Amu Yunos would be better than Zeleste for her double attack SBB to fire type units? Sorry for million questions again, but many thanks for any advice offered.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018